Swiss Fairways Golf Course

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Swiss Fairways Golf School"

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Okay"

Gilbert3585586's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

The golf course is in nice conditions but could be better but for the prices I paid I can't complain. New Pro shop and very friendly staff. Golf cars in very nice conditions plus UBS connections.

Response from Swiss Fairways Country Club on 07/11/2018:

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy to hear feedback, and we are open to hearing any more feedback about your experience with us so that we can make sure that your next will be an even better one. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you out here at Swiss Fairways again soon.

"Swiss fairway golf"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018

When I arrived I was greeted their friendly attendant with some thing to know about the coarse and what to watch out for, and that is helpful for any first time player. The check was fast and friendly, and the clubhouse is clean and looks like nice place to relax after a round.

Now the coarse could use some TLC , the golf coarse is in a water ski community so there is a lot of lake around the coarse and we have been getting rain almost every day so weed control has to be hard to keep up with.

This coarse is a good place to test your skills , the par 3 holes are probably the most challenging hole I have played.

Yes I will play this coarse again

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 07/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Swiss Fairways Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Clermont, FL area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"What a Value!"

ebmccann3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

Been playing here most Saturday morning for the last four years. The course condition has improved greatly in the last 18 months. The new club house is very nice, the staff is really nice. I would recommend this course to any one looking for a course that is a great value and real challenge. Now a few thing that need to improve. The greens on some holes need to improve. the fairways and tee boxes are in good shape. Looking forward to my next round!

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

My foursome was out first therefore the pace was excellent. Staff was wonderful. Fairways horrible, greens horrible, not worth 18 bucks.

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 06/26/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Swiss Fairways Golf Course. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Clermont, FL area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"What I expected"

Randy9649663's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Played here many times over the past few years. Not a great course, but a good place to play with liberal rules, like giving yourself a club length in the fairway to find a better patch of grass to hit from. Greens were in pretty rough shape, it always have been. They were puttable, but just bumpy. The new golf trailer is very nice and the gold carts are excellent. I played by myself and was able to play in 3 hours, but only because there was a group of 8 and a group of 6 playing together. Instead of letting me play through, they offered to let me skip holes and jump in front of them - Seriously? I guess they just don’t know proper golf etiquette. Course could stand to have a ranger, but I managed. The staff was super friendly. All in all, about like the course has always been. Don’t go there expecting anything substantial. Just go there to have fun. Definitely worth the low price.

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 06/22/2018:

Hello Randy, on behalf of Swiss Fairways Golf Course staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Great practice course"

hulk48's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

The fairways have some nice grassy places But clumpy weeds rule. Greens need lots of help but improving. Sand traps are very nice. The golf carts are great. Overall, a nice place to practice if you play liberal winter rules. Very good value and I would practice there again.

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 05/14/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Swiss Fairways Golf Course, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"Not worth the drive"

jfriendly12's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

Nice layout but very dry. Greens were not good at all

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 04/25/2018:

starapple's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Mostly good"

gerrysurprenant's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

The course was OK but you’re airaeting greens that morning no warning they shut down the back nine so people were coming off nine in going to one in mixing in with the other teetimes no starter not a good way to run a golf course other than that one problem things are OK went off half hour late ——had a foursome and twosome join up for a sixome for the last four holes of their day unfortunately our 6 thru 9.

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 04/16/2018:

Hello Gerry, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Swiss Fairways Golf Course, in the Clermont, FL area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bowlingball's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

uRNHW6983RN's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 04/16/2018:

Hello,

We thank you for providing your feedback. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Review"

u645819292's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Absolutely terrific course, a pleasure and challenge to play!

Is it perfect, no... but they are working on making it that way.

You will certainly enjoy the course!

uUWGI8010UW's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 04/10/2018:

"Bunkers were the best feature"

John5777459's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

Nice layout but course is not in good condition...very little grass,could not tell where fairway ended and rough started....weeds everywhere,even on greens. Two water stations,1 one on each nine,but NO WATER! Would be a very good course if managed better. Will not play again.

Response from Swiss Fairways on 04/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Swiss Fairways. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.<br/>

RandallBMoore's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

"Great Layout"

Soupytoo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

The course reminds me of New England course as there are rolling hills and fairways. No two holes are the same and on two of the par 3's there is a warning to to allow the ski-towing boats to pass before teeing off.Quite unusual and very interesting.

The course itself was in very good shape;, however the greens were in poor condition with many bare spots. My rating would have been better were it not for the poor condition of the greens.

"Greens need redone."

Nasht003's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Some improvements have been made and the condition of the Tee boxes and Fairways have improved in the last year, but the Greens are still not good and really need to be replaced or the owners need to find an expert who can fix them. To charge $30 for the regular morning rate, most golfers are not going to expect 5 Star conditions but they will expect average to decent greens and unfortunately this is not the case here. My golf buddy said he will not play here again, nor will I for the near future. Hopefully in a year or two I will hear that the greens and the rest of the course are greatly improved as the lay out of the course is nice. Best of luck!

"Still the same....."

SHASHI60's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Some reviews say the course is improving......some greens were nice, others were dry with brown spots. Between the 14th & 16th holes and behind them they are plowing.....found out that Swiss sold some property and now there will be houses ON the course and beind it - that would seem kind of distracting/annoying. Oh well, progress. I do like that they finally put up the trailer house so that players can eventually check in by the 1st hole instead of walking down to the "club house" .

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

RandySV's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018

Response from Swiss Fairways Golf Course on 03/30/2018:

Hello Randy, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Swiss Fairways Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Clermont area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.