Providence Golf Club

Gift this Course
Write Review

Year built: 2007
Architect(s): Mike Dasher (2007)
Type: Semi-Private
Style: Parkland
Greens: Tifdwarf Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Walking allowed: Yes, members only
Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs near local attractions   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Temp Greens"

CherokeeFlyer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

The course management is reconstructing all 18 greens so there are 18 temp greens for awhile. However, the temps aren't too bad and the overall condition of the course is excellent, as usual.

Response from Providence on 05/14/2018:

Hello CherokeeFlyer, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate the great feedback on the temporary greens. Thank you for playing Providence Golf Club in Davenport and we hope to see you again once our renovation is completed!

"Under Reconstruction"

McPartlk's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

We’ve played here many times before and if the price is right, it’s been good. The course is under major reconstruction so its not fair to judge it as is currently. For $15 its fair value in it’s current condition with temporary greens and oversize holes but it was fun and was decent practice for wverything but putting as the greens are as you would expect for temporary greens. It was quiet so it was a quick but fun, run round the course as it was very quiet. The new GPS on the carts is rendered almost useless as the new greens are not in play but still of use as you can calculate from the info given. I look forward to the finished article later this summer.

Response from Providence on 05/14/2018:

Hello McPartlk, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our temporary greens, our carts, and our rates. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club in Davenport and we hope to see you again once our renovations are completed!

"Norman’s story"

norman6312311's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

We knew that the course was undergoing extensive alteration but the lack of tee choice made the course longer than we could play comfortably.

We have played here many times and enjoy the layout we will return again next year once the work is done.

The green buckets compensated for the quality of the temporary green.

Good luck with the changes

Response from Providence on 05/07/2018:

Hello norman6312311, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback about the tee selection, course layout, and temporary greens. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and we hope to see you again once our renovations are completed.

"Fix the greens"

tigers83's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

I have play Providence Golf Club before however, this is the first time playing it in 1.5 years. The staff is very friendly and professional however, the greens are the worse I have ever seen. It's like spray painted concrete! I hope they get this course back in shape. It's not worth the long drive from Orlando or Apopka to pay 33 bucks for such disappointing greens. Please fix this problem.

Response from Providence on 05/01/2018:

Hello tigers83, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. The golf course is currently under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, to renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

Donmark75's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

Response from Providence on 04/30/2018:

Hello Donmark75, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. The golf course is currently under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, to renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

uYOON9232YO's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Response from Providence on 04/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Providence Golf Club. The golf course is currently under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, to renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

"Renovations underway"

darylmetzger's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

We were only allowed to play to back nine. Greens were dead. But we liked the layout. Can’t wait to see it in six months!!!!!!

Response from Providence on 04/30/2018:

Hello darylmetzger, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens and layout. The golf course is currently under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, to renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

"Only 9 holes open"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

We were looking forward to playing Providence again as it is a while since we played it, when we arrived we were told that the front 9 were closed and the guy in the pro shop said the greens on the back 9 had been "killed". We were very disappointed with this as there was no indication when we booked of this if there had been we would not have played. The greens were slippy with the dressing they had put on them and as everyone was playing the same 9 holes it was quite busy. I wouldn't play this course again until all 18holes are on and that look like it will be a while.

Response from Providence on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry that only 9 holes were open and we appreciate your feedback. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

Response from Providence on 04/26/2018:

Hello ranafamily, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you had a great experience at Providence Golf Club. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

"Greens disease"

wayneat21's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

Front 9 greens in terrible condition one even was unable to put.

Response from Providence on 04/25/2018:

Hello wayneat21, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

"The greens on the front 9 were a complete disaster."

kingsgate's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

I have played this course many times over the past few years. The course & greens are normally in good condition. I played the course a few days ago and the greens on the front nine were a complete disaster. I paid $35.00 and it was not worth $10.00. I know you get what you pay for; but at check in I was never told of these issues. When I finished I went & complained and was told that they are digging up all the greens in May. I was also told that I had to contact GolfNow for a refund as I had booked the round through GolfNow. I should have been told about the condition of the geens before going out on the course.

Response from Providence on 04/25/2018:

Hello kingsgate, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens, we are about to go under renovation to rebuild all of our greens. We also appreciate your feedback on being told of the conditions of the greens before you played, we escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Course is in horrible conditions."

talverio's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

I have played this course many times and have never seen it in these unplayable conditions. I paid $35 and 15 greens were unplayable. They painted course to disguise conditions but all greens had bald spots throughout except for #3 because it was provisional. This course is needing mayor work so don't waste your money and time playing it.

Response from Providence on 04/25/2018:

Hello talverio, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

"Don't Waste Your Time"

patboeckner's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

We were extremely disappointed in our round at Providence and don't recommend playing this course until it has been improved. We weren't told when we booked that only the back 9 was open and had to be played twice. The greens were dead grass painted green and at least two of the tees were also dead. The course looked unkept and there were no workers out doing any work such as trimming. The fairways were hard and dry. Pace was extremely slow. I understand the greens are being redone but this was unacceptable. The course should show on Golf Now these conditions and restrictions.

Response from Providence on 04/30/2018:

Hello patboeckner, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry for your subpar experience. We appreciate your feedback on playing the same 9 twice and on the course conditions. We are making strides to improve the golf course. It is currently under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, to renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

Response from Providence on 04/18/2018:

Hello rcarleski, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Overall the course is in good shape the greens are horrible

Response from Providence on 04/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

Ishamji's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Response from Providence on 04/18/2018:

Hello Ishamji, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

"Green problems"

shekletond's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

Hi have been playing this course for years the greens on front nine are terrible They must have got disease in them back nine not so bad . I would avoid playing here till greens are improved Overall it's a nice course but never find staff very helpful or friendly Desmond

"« Provi »"

Manon1416068's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

I understand that renovations shall be taking place commencing April 30th… I presume the « greens » will be attended to as they do need a lot of love… but despite this the layout is awesome, the fairways really green & this pas Friday we almost had the golf to ourselves… just the two of us & we played in 3 hrs! Hope that when you do renovations you manage to put a washroom facility around the 13-14 hole as the only one on the 2nd nine is after 16 and its a portable.

Going home to Canada but we’ll be back next year!

"Greens are in poor condition"

sarahlar's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Played this course 2 years ago and was so so. Now it is in worst condition. Will not go back .

Response from Providence on 04/18/2018:

Hello sarahlar, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.

"Worst greens in Orlando"

mrpotts33's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were terrible. There was 1 temporary green, 1 that was unputtable and several with major bare spots. The fairways were good, but that doesn't help when the greens are not good. Thar is what you remember when you play a course.

Response from Providence on 04/13/2018:

Hello mrpotts33, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Starting in May, the golf course will go under renovation to rebuild all of the greens, renovate the driving range, and to construct a short game area. Thank you for visiting Providence Golf Club and please check back for updates on our improvements.