View of the 16th green at Waterlefe Golf & River Club

Inspired by the backdrop of the Manatee River, Ted McAnlis has created the ultimate golf experience with the perfect combination of beauty and challenge. Waterlefe Golf & River Club is built along a particularly beautiful section of the Manatee River, complete with wide expanses of pristine marshes and pleasant coves. Don't be surprised if on the 15th tee you spot a family of manatees poking noses up for a breath of air. The golf course was designed with a great deal of time, effort and expense going toward protecting and resorting the natural environment that gives the course it unique character. The gently sloped greens with the newest Tifteagle Bermuda offer the ultimate in putting. From a lazy start on the par-5 first hole to the big finish on the 18th hole island green, golfers love Waterlefe Golf & River Club!

Waterlefe Golf and River Club

Year Built 2000
Architect Ted McAnlis (2000)

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.
Dress code Proper golf attire required

Bar, Grill, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

19th Hole Specials 15

Favorite course in Florida!

Love the course. Beautiful course that is always in great shape. Staff is amazing!
The course is very challenging but no matter your handicap or how long/short you are off the tee you will find the right set of tees to play from.
Wish I could play there 5 days a week - It would never get old!

Good

Excellent and good I like to play anytime again. Hanging

Waterlefe is a great layout with wonderful facilities. The greens and fairways were recently aerified, but you can tell they pride themselves in taking great care of this course. I will return to play the course when the conditions are more like the norm.

Vince

This is one of the best courses in Bradenton. Course is always in perfect condition. Entire staff is extremely friendly. Never over booked pace is good. Overall excellent.
My only issue is Waterlefe will NEVER close the course regardless of how bad the weather conditions are.The last time I played Waterlefe there was an intense lightning rain storm. Other golfers came in due to torrential downpour and intense lightning. It was so bad we watched from inside the cart barn a tornado dipped down up rooted an oak tree.all across from pro shop. Several greens were under water. Fairways flooded. Did they close the course No...instead “cart path only” This is typical for many courses to avoid “rain checks” very unsafe considering Florida is #1 in not only people killed by lightning but more than the remaining 49 states combined..

Pleasurable

Beautiful course, fun holes. Really have to think off the tee. Greens are very fast. Love the layout. Staff was very friendly. They even brought a cart out to my car. Nice touch. Will be playing again soon.

Always love it

On vacation so drove here. Best condition course has been in that I’ve ever played it. Always one of the memorable rounds I get to play when the chance comes along. Superb job!

Gorgeous and challenging course

Nearly in perfect condition, even after all the recent rain. Greens were super fast so beware. Amazing design and views. Really an epic course all around. Bring your A game. Can’t wait to play it again. Super fun course. You won’t be disappointed!!

Worth Every Bit of It

Waterlefe is probably my favorite course, at the moment. It's a bit of a drive for me, from St. Pete, but well worth the trip, and every penny of the greens fees. It is a serene and scenic track, and always in terrific condition.

Five sets of tees, for any skill level. Wide, plush fairways, with not many obstructions, but still present a challenging approach, most of the time. Large, receptive, sloping greens, with sensible undulations. Greens were punched recently, but still slippery as can be, and rolled very well. Fairways, always immaculate. Tee boxes, mostly in great shape, with a few exceptions, but nothing egregious.

Carts are pretty new, with comfortable, stitched leather seats, and equipped with GPS, but no Bluetooth, sadly. Normally equipped with coolers, too, but not right now, with the COVID situation. I'd also like to see a ball wash/club wash on the carts, but that's a minor gripe.

You can still get a yardage book, in the Pro Shop, despite the GPS on the carts. I like having a yardage book, when I play, but they seem to be getting more scarce these days, for whatever reason.

Overall, I love Waterlefe. I recommend it to everyone new that I meet, at other courses. If you haven't played there, you definitely should.

Beautiful course.

This is one of my favorite courses in Bradenton / Sarasota area. Always in great shape. Always a challenge. Always a beautiful 4 hours.

Very scenic course, a lot of trouble.

First time going out to Waterlefe on our annual vacation to Siesta Key. Was pleasantly surprised. Very nice layout, greens rolled well. Fairways were a little rough but got tons of rain, August in FL. Back nine is very scenic. There is quite a bit of trouble on the course so hit em straight or bring a box a balls. Staff was very nice, carts are nice with GPS, water stations on course. Highly recommend.

Great layout, great conditions

Thoroughly enjoyed my round. It is a picturesque course in a nice neighborhood. bordering the Manatee River. A testy par 3 with a healthy carry borders the river. Most every hole comes in contact with water--use your range finder and choose your clubs wisely (my GPS was off by 10 yards on one approach shot), Bring your A game and some extra balls--mis-hits are costly. I played on a Tuesday, after two days of heavy rain cells. The course drained relatively well--fairways were soft but the course allowed carts on the fairways. Overall course conditions were very good. Greens were a bit "grainy" (Bermuda) but the balls rolled true (speed control is important and adjust for the influence of the grain). The pace of play was excellent (foursome finished in 3-1/2 hours). The snack bar was closed due to COVID-19 precautions but there were several shelters/restrooms on the course that had vending machines for drinks. The club staff was very friendly (the bag drop, pro shop check-in and starter were very helpful and pleasant). I highly recommend the course if you're in the area (about a half-hour inland from the barrier islands. I'll be back on our next visit.

Plenty for everyone

While staying the property at my brother-in-law I played Tributary and Sanctuary nines. I was paired with three members and opted to play “combo” white/green tees with member named Steve. Our tees were at 5500 and the others range from 6655 down to 3851.

It was good to have been set up with members as just finding the first and ninth tees was a challenge. I followed the others to the first tee but at the turn I stopped for a snack and a beer (fairly priced) but by the time I paid my partners had headed to the next tee. I had no idea where to go so I took a shot and headed out to find them. I made a wrong turn into the parking lot and it took me about five minutes to back out to the carts that after the cart shut off. I knew there were signs to the next tee but they were near very clear.

I really liked the course and the combo tees we played were a good length for me. The conditions were excellent although the tees and fairways were a bit hairy. I thought that the greens were really great. They putted true and fast. There were a few bunkers that had water or wet areas due to daily rains but the two that I were in were fine. A little local knowledge goes a long ways and I flew a couple of greens from inside 100 yards because I didn’t know the design of the greens. Two of the greens were unexpectedly small compared to the rest.

I had a couple of three putts that were equaled out by a couple of nice birdies. I saw people walking the course but there are some awfully long distances between several of the holes. The ONLY negative I can mention had nothing to do with the course. It was with member Steve. He was pretty snooty about my playing under my brother’s name. Steve scoffed at him living “renting” in the apartments and was not an equity member nor a home owner. . My brother is living in this community temporarily until his house in a far more exclusive community with a brand new Arnold Palmer course is built.

The course was awesome. Second time playing here.

Great Experience

Excellent course in great shape. Take lots of ammo, you will lose balls unless you are ready for the tour.

played well. Very challenging greens rolled true! Fun coarse