Style Links
Timacuan Golf Club

Year Built 1987
Architect Ron Garl (1987) Bobby Weed (1996)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Foley Performance Academy at EaglesDream"

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

19th Hole Specials 11

Mediocre conditions

This is a great layout, plays tough, conditions didn’t help. Not unplayable but sparse grass and difficult rough. Very displeased with the greens, very hard and dry and therefore quite fast and inconsistent. Pro shop insisted we play two in a cart due to phase 3 but somehow my buddy and I were the only cart with two players. If you insist on mask wearing in the pro shop and restaurant, you’re not putting out ball washers and water fountains then you should still be one in a cart. Plus there were very few players there, plenty of carts available.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Hi, u7060203. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Timacuan Golf Club!

Very bad staffs very unprofessional. We have twosome and staff won’t let us have two golf carts they want $25 more to get another cart. Outside staff ask for $10 tips to give you another cart key. I never go play there again very unprofessional. The manager tell to leave or pay $25 then I left I don’t even play.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Timacuan Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

First time I went back after the COVID. I booked for twosome and they won’t let us had two golf carts and I went back to pro shop talked to the manager. He told me I have to pay $25 to get another golf cart. I asked him why? Then he told me. He say a government Said no more social distancing you can share a same cart with someone you don’t even know them. I asked him to show me letter. He can’t show me. Then he tells me either I have pay $25 extra or leave. Then I left I never go back there again.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Hi, Dannytran2818. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Timacuan Golf Club.

Normally Enjoyable

The course is in good condition. It was really wet when we played. The greens are currently rolling really nice. They can be somewhat inconsistent from time to time but they are currently very enjoyable. The fairways are tees are in good shape. The rough can be brutal but it is fair. The staff are excellent. My only complaint is that on occasion the membership can be flat out rude. They act as if they own the course and treat the public like a nuisance. They will not let a twosome play through even if there are multiple holes open in front of them and even if you ask after you patiently watching them tee off on every hole (including number 1 and both par 3s on the front side.) This definitely does not apply to all of the members and it does not always happen however it has happened more than once at this course. The mounting frustration actually ruined what should have been an enjoyable outing for my father-in-law and my self. After we watched them tee off on number 10 we ended up skipping ahead a couple of holes and did not encounter another group the entire back 9. Very frustrating. Would loved to have been able to play and enjoy all 18.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi u1927427832. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Timacuan Golf Club!

Commented on 10/08/2020

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, u314159569012. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Timacuan Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Commented on 10/08/2020

bammq58, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (407) 321-0010. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ehh!

I've heard for years that I needed to play Timacuan, and I was finally able to get out to the track. The course wasn't too wet which was nice, but there were areas in duress. What seemed odd to me was the lacking of cart paths. There were areas where it was like four wheeling in a golf cart, not fun. Would play again but only for $29.99, not $49.99

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi u000005887806. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Timacuan Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mpmurphy718! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Timacuan Golf Club!

Timacuan experience

Course has a great design, needed cleanup of branches and leaves from recent TS (sat). Love the variety, great way to sharpen skill.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for your review, u314159980825. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Timacuan Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Its been awhile

I haven't played Timacuan in a couple of years. The course is in really great shape. The greens are a little fast but in get shape. The fairways are good and even the rough isn't too bad. This was my Sisters first time and she enjoyed it very much. The Men's Group I am a member of is holding our tournament there and I am well pleased with the conditions the course is in. Thank you timacuan.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Jkairis, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (407) 321-0010. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Getting Better

The course was in good shape in all areas. The previous bad course conditions seem to have been remedied and the course was fair and consistent. This course has one of the best layouts and is a good challenge. Hopefully the improving course upkeep continues.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi u860042524. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Timacuan Golf Club.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi Pat63048. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Timacuan Golf Club!

Commented on 09/14/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, mobi71. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 09/14/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u000005957689. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Timacuan Golf Club.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi Lincolnlog1313. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (407) 321-0010 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Timacuan Golf Club!

Challenging layout

Lots of water to keep em straight. Some tee markers need color refresh, not sure which were which. Tee boxes, fairways and greens excellent. Maybe the regulars could be a bit more mindful of ball dents on the greens.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, tleewade! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Timacuan Golf Club!

Sanford, Florida