Style Links
Timacuan Golf Club

Year Built 1987
Architect Ron Garl (1987) Bobby Weed (1996)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Foley Performance Academy at EaglesDream"

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

19th Hole Specials 10

Nice test, choose tees wisely

Best Hotdeal so far. Played poorly from whites, 3rd rd in 2yrs though so looking fwd to getting back out when I've stronger striking! Based on recent playing habits, this op is skewed.

Great Shape

Fairways are nice and thick, greens are also true and fast

Commented on 07/09/2019

We love to hear your feedback, it's important to us Rick. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Timacuan Golf & Country Club.

Awesome Value!

First time playing this track and wow, it’s awesome. Big ponds to hit over with some narrow landing areas for the risk takers made this course a blast to play. Conditions were pretty good with some slight standing water leftover from the heavy rains, but nothing I’d say is worth less than the 5 star rating. The staff are definitely top notch. There was an issue with my tee time getting moved to a different date and they said no worries and completely helped me out! I can’t wait to go back again! If you’re in the area, I highly recommend it!

Course progressing nicely ....

fairways are excellent - good grass under your ball, very few tight lies. Greens still show signs of 'plugs' from a few weeks ago - should be in great shape in another couple of weeks.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi Rick. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Getting Better

I must say the course was much better than the last time I played it a few months ago. It looks like they are putting some money back into the course. They still have work to do but I enjoyed the day and would recommend the course again. The greens are good (spotty in some areas) the fairways actually had some grass on them as compared to the last time I played it. Go for it you will enjoy.

Commented on 06/28/2019

Hi Stepheno. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented on 06/21/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Timacuan. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hi Dennis. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Timacuan.

Very disappointing

Let me start off by saying I never write reviews and by no means am I a scratch golfer, country club member. I shoot high 80’s. After playing this course yesterday I was so disappointed that I just had to. The staff were very nice and attentive. That was the only good thing about the course. No range balls at the time I showed up. 1:00 pm. How could you not have range balls. The putting green was terrible, which helped for the greens on the course because they were equally as bad. The tee boxes were all long and half of them had pine needs everywhere. I mean it looked like a decent course once upon a time. Nice layout with some challenging holes. But this is a case of an old course left to die. They spend all their money on remodeling their bar area and forgot what actually brings people to to play golf. If you’re just looking to hack it around with some buddies sure I’d waste your money but if you’re actually looking for a decent golf experience stay clear.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Timacuan. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nice course but conditions average at best

I really like Timacuan. The course winds around a lot of water and is beautiful. The bar/lounge is great - it has a modern flair to it. Pro shop is good. Driving range, although never used it, looks quite nice. Golf carts are very good and come with GPS for those that don't use their own.

Now comes the part which brings this review to average. If it wasn't for the things described above, this would have been a 2 star rating. The greens are in bad shape. What really irked me yesterday is that they are lightening fast but the conditions of them are poor. Your ball hops along it's path. I had several puts yesterday putting over crab crass. I actually like fast greens when they are in good shape. These are not. They are bare, bumpy, and crab grass infested.

The fairways are not in any better condition. Many bald spots throughout the fairway and very thin. I had to hit several shots yesterday basically in the dirt - and that's when my ball was right in the middle of the fairway! I like to play my ball usually without touching it or giving it a better lie. However, yesterday was the first time in a long time where I felt okay picking my ball up when it was in the fairway to place it on a decent lie.

I still enjoyed my round but it was quite frustrating at times. My greens in regulation % was lower yesterday - not surprising due to the conditions of the fairways. Also, the tee boxes aren't any better. The disappointing thing is with the conditions as they are, I payed about $12 more than I do at RedTail, Black Bear, Victoria Hills, and others. There is absolutely no reason that Timacuan should be priced where it is. If the condition of the course was much better, then I can see it but not right now. It will be a while until I return. Just can't justify the expense.

Commented on 06/13/2019

Better than Expected

After reading recent reviews I was not expecting a great day at Timacuan. I am not sure why these reviews have been so critical as I really thought the course was great value. It is a very good layout with lush fairways. Greens were not as good as some but were in no way as bad as some have made out. The back 9 plays more tricky as water comes more in to play. Clubhouse facilities are excellent with a nice modern bar area available to watch sports on tv.
I would not hesitate to return for another game so do not be put off by other reviews

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hello Rafascott. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Going downhill

This was a nice course for most of its history but not so much any more. Fees are ridicules, while the course is in disrepair. Got two tee times but couldn't get more than four people from my 24 golfer group to play due to costs and conditions. $49 for a dried out PUNCHED GREEN course. The only players to play all had coupons they were sorry they bought. We won't be back any time soon. What a shame.

It has seen better days

The course maintenance has significantly eroded. What was once a premier golf course is now at best average. Greens badly maintained. Fairways drying out and brown. Me and my three teamates were very disappointed with the conditions. Though we keep a good pace with a foursomes almost all the players behind us were twosome that were pushing us - we let at least five twosome by which caused us to play a slower round waiting for them to pass us - somewhat annoying. Better courses in the area with better pricing.

Commented on 06/07/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

It’s been better!

Having played this course a number of times I was disappointed in its condition. Green were hard and sparse.

Commented on 06/03/2019

Hi Cara. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing with Timacuan Country Club.

Too many other better options...

I hadn't played this course in a while, so we thought we'd give it a try. Greens were horrid to put it mildly. I don't think I had one putt today that didn't hop like the Easter Bunny, We also went 18 holes on a Sunday morning without a single visit from the bev cart. We had lunch in the grill after our round.
Food wasn't bad, wasn't good, but wasn't terrible. Service was top drawer. Might have been the highlight of the round. All in all, I was disappointed.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Hello Scott, thank you for taking the time to review Timacuan Golf & Country Club and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Thank you for rating Timacuan Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an even better 5-star experience!

Declining Conditions

For the past 5 or 6 years Timicuan has had the fastest and probably the best greens of the public courses in the Lake Mary area. No longer. There is a lack of healthy grass on the greens, perhaps caused by a fungus. Someone in the clubhouse blamed the course conditioning problems on an electrical problem, which effected their watering system. Fairways are in the worst condition I have ever seen them at Timicuan.
Greens are still fast but not as true as in the past. I still enjoy playing the course as it has a nice layout, especially the back nine. There is a lot of work to be done to get this formerly nice course into good playing shape again.

Commented on 05/13/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review Timacuan Golf & Country Club and rate us. We are going to pass on your constructive feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. We appreciate the kind words about the layout. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again in the future.

Disappointed!!

We played this course several years ago, we were so disappointed when we returned. Tees poor, fairways poor, greens terrible. Pace of play slow, no staff to monitor tee times 2 groups went off in front of us with tee times after ours. We will never return to this course. On the day of the visit there was a group of lady members in a competition who were rude and arrogant due to the mix up of the reserved tee times. The only redeeming feature was the staff in the clubhouse.

Commented on 05/15/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience at Timacuan Golf & Country Club. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing.

Timacuan draining down.

5 years ago Timacuan got new greens and the course was perfect and value for money. Today it is a trash course. No staff, greens bad an to fast, fairways unacceptable, boxes in big minus. There was one guy offering club cleaning after 18 holes. He should be going around and do some significant job. The grass is terrible and un maintained. Go somewhere else.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Timacuan Golf Club.

Sanford, Florida
Apopka, Florida
DeBary, Florida
Winter Park, Florida

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.