Skyview at Terra Vista

Scorecard for Skyview
Gold M: 73.4/129 464 426 553 384 208 522 162 375 442 3536 601 436 382 181 543 456 210 433 364 3606 7142
Blue M: 71.1/123 444 406 518 360 198 500 156 347 413 3342 563 377 363 159 508 427 191 412 323 3323 6665
White M: 68.5/117 410 369 481 324 189 468 123 312 386 3062 532 349 333 151 475 398 165 386 304 3093 6155
Red W: 70.8/117 358 317 428 290 137 430 99 283 342 2684 472 329 282 135 436 340 132 344 263 2733 5417

Year Built 1999
Architect Terry LaGree (2001)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2015 #16)

Sky High @ Skyview

This was our 2nd time back in 2017, and the place is always fun to play. Everyone is so friendly and the golf can't be beat. Except for it being 90+ degrees you would not think you are in Florida with all the elevation changes.

Well worth it and my group will be back

Road trip

First time playing won't be the last. Course was in excellent conditions. Greens were fast but true.

Poor weather

A Little Far but we will be Back

I run a group of golfers from the North Tampa area. Always looking for new courses and we found a gem. Elevation changes were amazing, and the course conditions were excellent. They are punching greens next week. I don't know why. They were perfect! Had lunch afterwards and food was good. The only downside was we had to stop for 30 min half way through due to a storm coming through. Oh and it was an 1hr plus drive. BUT WELL WORTH IT!

NO Beauty-NoPrivacy

Yuck--When I go to play golf- I want to enjoy the setting- it should be park like -with nice views-Geez this was the worst ,terrible feel to it- main reason ,I felt like I was in

someones yard or pool area all the time-you drive on the cart part on almost every hole ,and your 5 feet away from their pool,the condition of the course was -ok-even for the 25 bucks it wasnt worth it to me. as a developer myself- he did a great job maxing out profits,or the homes there,pinning them on top of each other,right on the course line-but for a golf course-I would pass on it-Go play Julitte Falls or Black Diamond-cause if you play bad there, at least you have something nice to look at.

Good course with excellent facilities

Really enjoyed playing here, course was in good shape, greens rolling well and fairways in very good condition.

Staff are friendly and welcoming. Restaurant is excellent, we had lunch there my wife ordered a 'PAR3" see photo great quality and value. This is a great place to enjoy a days golf.

good course

tough course to play if you are a beginner. Very nice surroundings.

Course exceeded expectations

The photos on the course website did not do this course justice. My golf buddy and I were amazed at how beautiful each hole was and how well it was maintained. This course exceeded all our expectations. The layout was interesting and well thought out. There was nothing about the course we didn't thoroughly enjoy. The only detraction was the staff, they could use a class in customer care. They were unfriendly at best. The course was empty, you would have thought the staff would have been more happy to have patrons. But, putting up with a grouchy staff is well worth it for this course, so was the long drive.

Best public course in the area.

Have played here many times. The course is in great condition for the amount of play it receives. This time of the year with (snowbirds) play becomes very slow. I guess they don't get to play often and want to make the experience last as long as possible.

A Nice Find

We were looking for a second course to play after Juliette Falls in Dunnellon. A friend recommended this course and I am glad he did. Very playable, very friendly staff.

Course is somewhat wide-open and very playable. Greens were in good shape, the fairways seemed to be transferring from winter-rye to Bermuda grass so they were a little rough.

All in all I would come back. The restaurant closed at 5:00 so we couldn't get a drink after, that was why the low rating for amenities.

Great course Horrible Pace

course was in very good shape, very fast greens. course was very crowded,Group in front of us was 1;26 we were 1:30 not much time in between. we waited on almost every shot. group behind us stopped at turn to eat and caught us by the 11th tee. never saw a ranger once. you expect this at local muni not at high end club. incredibly disappointing day.

course is ok.

The lady (with glasses) on the reception desk was awfull!! When she saw that we have booked by Golfnow she was very inpolite nearly agrressiv! i find it very bad when you booked by Golfnow they are not polite!!

Great round

We started early so we could get ahead of 3 foursomes. We caught 2 more foursomes that let us play through. We have had problems this winter with snowbirds who play really slow and won't let a 2 some play through. We caught a couple of gentlemen on hole 11 who invited us to join them. It turned out one of the guys was stationed at the same army post I was at the same time. Great guys ,my wife and I enjoyed their company. Good conditions great weather! Great round of golf.

green not good need work

I like the course, the green were not good

Play Skyview

Skyview is a beautiful course and it's in great condition!

great views

this course meanders through a neighborhood but the fairways were still very generous and in great condition.the elevation changes made for some interesting lies.most of the greens were in perfect condition, but a few had been scalped on the outer perimeter.the clubhouse was beautiful and the pro shop was fully stocked.the employees were very helpful and courteous. this course is well maintained and a must play for the views alone. it will become one of my go to courses in the future. p.s. nice touch to have the yardage markers on all the sprinkler heads.

Grate course

Course in good condition- phantastic greens - had a lot of fun - we enjoy the day very much

Skyview (on your list of must play)

Great track, No weak Holes. very fun course to play

Great Layout

Course will demand every club in your bag. Greens were a bit bumpy, perhaps from amount of play. Pin positions were challenging.

Florida Advisor

Beautiful, immaculate, fun, & challenging course.

1:10 tee time w/ wife for $26.75/ea thru GN.com. Teamed up w/ nice couple from Ocala, Louis & Celia. Best price I've ever seen for this course. Similar to Candler Hills G& CC, Venetian Golf & River Club, & Eagle Ridge GC. Set in subdivision setting. Was probably private club once. Well stocked pro shop in huge, gorgeous clubhouse. Has nice practice areas. Front nine has elevations. Back nine no elevations. Water in play on 3 holes only. Generous tee shot landing areas. Tee boxes, fairways & greens plush. Huge elevated greens running fast & true. Battery powered carts w/ winshield & rain cover in back. Would love to come back & play this course.

Great day at Skyview!

Skyview is a strong course. You get multiple looks of the tee. It does not favor any type of shot. The day was cool (mid 50's) and breezy. I judge a course on how I remember after and they were several memorable holes. I loved the par 3's and the 9th and 10th holes are scenic. Friendly staff all around. The only down side was due some wet conditions a dew fairways were in need of mowing but it did not take away from the experience. I will come back.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018