Harbor Hills Country Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Lloyd Clifton (1989)

Single Allowed No

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Available Activities

Swimming, Fishing, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Great round

Tee boxes were a little fuzzy, however, everything else was perfect. Greens were in great shape. Speed of play was 3 hours. Temperature was low nineties with a heat index of 105. Love this course and every time my best friend comes down from Atlanta, we always try to play at least one round at Harbor Hills.

Great course. Friendly staff and members

I just finished my 20th round at Harbor Hills, first as a guest, more recently as a non-resident member. What prompted me to join was a combination of things, primarily how friendly the members are, even to “outsiders” like me. Likewise, the staff, from the pro shop to the restaurant, the cart barn guys, the starters...are all great.

The course is beautiful, with some elevation changes and an equitable mix of challenging and tough holes. It’s a fun course to play, even for a 16 handicapper like me. They have sets of tees to accommodate golfers of every skill level. The view from the 10th tee box is breathtaking with a panoramic view of Lake Griffin. The clubhouse is beautiful, with the same view of the lake from the screened patio and expansive pool deck as from the 10th tee. Their other golf facilities...driving range, putting green, chipping green, and club building/repair shop are a nice bonuses.

In spite of all of the COVID-19 restrictions the course and facilities have been well maintained. I saw prior negative comments about the condition of the greens. They are all MUCH better now.

Awesome Deal - Great after work Treat!!

Booked on TeeOff App, couldn’t beat the price, Course was in good shape, loved the layout!

Highly recommend this course, greens are in great shape. Tee’d off at 5:20pm as a Single, pulled out of the Parking Lot @ 7:40pm.

Was hoping for better

Played in January (not May as listed above, browser will not let me adjust months) with my dad in order to get offsite from The Villages. Was very disappointed with the condition of the course. Greens were rough, rolled unevenly and had many dead patches - they were soft, though. Fairways weren't in the best shape and the sand was lacking. Decent enough layout but the condition really needs work.

Nice day at Harbor Hills

Played early Sunday. Just 2 of us behind a group of 4. Still played in 3.5 hours. Love the layout of Harbor Hills. Staff was very friendly at every point. Greens had a couple bad spots but did not impact. For $30 a great value. Will come again.

What a shame

Haven't played here since last fall, what a disappointment. I know we haven't had rain in a long time but the greens are one of the worse around. Made for a bad day on the course. Love the layout , clubhouse and staff but the greens make a golf course won't be back until greens are fixed.

Commented on 04/13/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. If you could please contact us at info@hampton.golf with more details on your recent experience so that we may correct the situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Greens

The course is beautiful. But 5 or 6 greens were in rough shape. I know the Head Greenskeeper knows. Just a little TLC. I think by mid-May I can give a 5 Star rating. Just a little green work.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Best,

Horrible Greens

Would be a great golf course if kept up, the greens were hideous, awful, sand used a filler, not even close to being in fair shape and overpriced for the product.

Greens Bad

Worst greens I have played on since I moved to Florida. It was the worst golf experience in some time. We had 13 people. All were disappointed.

Over priced

This is a wonderful course with fantastic potential. However at this time the greens are horrible, bunkers not maintained and no rakes on carts or around bunkers. Easy to say don't hit in the bunker but reality is different. I don't like to complain about courses but the course is charging way to much for conditions. I hope they can get it back in shape.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Horrible greens

Have played this course several times and enjoyed it until recently. Played about a month ago and the greens were in poor shape. Tried it again today and they were in worse shape. It will definitely be awhile before I return.

Greens Bad Sand Traps not manicured

I paid $48 for a $28 to $30 golf course.... If the golf course is having difficulties it should honestly lower there rates. A lot of golf courses do that. Not Harbor Hills. The putting was terrible. The greens had some sort of disease or something. 16 out of the 18 holes sand traps were not manicured.. My group will not go back to Harbor Hills for golf....

Not worth the $$

Read the reviews before heading to the golf course. Was a bit pessimistic as several reviews mentioned the bad shape of the greens. Well..... they were all true. Majority of the greens are in horrible shape. Definitely not worth the overprices amout of $50+. I will NOT go back unless theyre charging $ 10 for it.

Great Layout, brutal greens

This is a great layout with varied holes and a lot of elevation changes for a Florida course. It’s a shame that it is not in better shape. Overall the course is in a condition somewhat aligned with the price,, But the greens leave a lot to be desired.. If you like making well struck 10 foot putts you may want to steer clear.

Commented on 03/11/2020

Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Great Layout

My wife & I really like this course. Great value for the money. Nice layout and fantastic views. We played in mid February and there was definitelly something wrong with the greens. We were told that they would be in better sahpe in 2 weeks????

Commented on 03/11/2020

Good morning,

Disappointing Greens

Not sure what has happened here, maybe a freeze damaged the greens, but they were way below par, very little grass in many places, causing bumpy putts and inconsistent speeds. These are tough greens to putt when they are good due to the slopes, it was really difficult the way they are now. The rest of the course was fine, no other issues that I saw. Hopefully they can get the greens back quickly as I always enjoy this layout.

Commented on 02/13/2020

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Don’t trust map it

Map it sent me to the wrong course was 15 minutes late for my tee time stuck in between a very slow playing group don’t trust the map it option

Great course, excellent staff. Greens aren't perfect but all else is. Best bunkers I've seen in a long while. I reside in Tampa, so it's a long trip but well worth it.

Lady Lake, Florida