Slope N/A
Rating N/A
Schalamar Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Greens Winter Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1986)

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Waitress

The waitress working on 1/12/20 at about 2:15PM what a wonderful personality Pls give her a huge salary increase when COVID 19 is under control she will
Improve your business with that customer friendly
attitude.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, Tampangler. Thank you for visiting us at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

A Little Wet but Good Overall

The course was a little wet but not too bad considering the amount of rain this past week. Still a great course to play...especially for the price.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hi, u692438849. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

Nice, but short

With the course being listed at 6100 from the tips, I figured it would still be a challenge, BUT once I started playing, I realized the black tee boxes were closed so the course became a step above an executive course. For many it won't be a problem, but for me it means having to hit the same clubs repeatedly, there were probably 4 or clubs I didn't use at all. The greens were in very good shape, but they were rolling a bit slow, rolling true but slow.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hi, ocsportsnut. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

Fun time

Greens were great, fairways looked good and dry. Pace of play awesome. Tee time 945am never had to wait on anyone in front of us.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for your review, u160933792. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 11/09/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u692438849. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 10/23/2020

Hi, Lduchien. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

We be bbeter when it dries out

The curse has been extremely wet for some time and is just starting to dry out. The 16th hole, a par 5, is being played as a par 3 since the fairway is so wet the grass hasn't been cut for some time. Give it a week or two and should be in better shape.

Commented on 10/21/2020

Hello, Henry973. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thanks for your patience as we are working to get back into better shape as we have gotten a lot of rain. Thanks for visiting Schalamar Creek Golf Club!

Where did my ball go

I lost a number of balls that I hit in the middle of the fairways. This course is so wet it is unplayable. Worst course I ever played it's a joke, so don't waste your time

Commented on 10/21/2020

Hello, RG7E07F5D52E78023981. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Should be closed

Let me just start with a compliment. The pencils and scorecards were nice. There. As for the rest of the course. Don’t waste your time this course is in such bad shape it should be closed. I play twice a week and have played around 80 different courses in Florida and I have never before considered walking off a course after 3 holes until this one. Wet. I get that there may have been some rain but we are talking about a course that has probably not been mowed properly in over a month. 2 par 4s and a par 5 on the back 9 have been converted to 80 yard par 3’s. None of this is advertised in the clubhouse, their site or on GolfNow. The fact this course is rated what it is given the nearby courses in Lakeland is quite disturbing. Pick one of those and save yourself the hassle. Words cannot describe how horrible the conditions are and it will not be corrected without major renovations. All this club is doing by staying open like this is stealing people’s money. The fairways are like rough and crabgrass everywhere, the rough is mud and knee high and half the greens have large dirt spots and are dying. This place is a dump and the fact it’s back on GolfNow is probably because the members aren’t playing and they need the public’s revenue. I will never play here again. Hope they do something about it or just close it down.

Commented on 10/21/2020

Hello, u8534950. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Conditions awful

Advertised as great greens redone two years ago. Greens are in just awful condition. So poor, you can't get a true roll for the lack of grass. Rain has course in so bad shape, lack of mowing fairways makes them deeper than most courses roughs. Just really poor. Food was great, beer was cold, but I wouldn't waste my money again.

Commented on 10/21/2020

Hello, ArmyNavyDIV. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Staff

Very friendly staff especially the Ranger course was wet so some fairways not mowed understandably also holes 11,13,14 played as par 3. will definitely return when playing conditions are better.

Commented on 10/21/2020

Thank you for your review, LsMgh500xd. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hot Day

Great value for the money, very hot and dry conditions

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Calvelli. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to having you back at the course. Schalamar Creek Golf Club thanks you!

EZ

Kind people, Not an easy course, enough tees to make it fun for all

Commented on 04/07/2020

Hi u018935460. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

Florida Advisor

Rather short but partially tricky…

Were paired with a couple from Canada and had an enjoyable round. The pace was good – 4 hours. Tee boxes and fairways may need some attention, but are playable. Bunkers are mostly OK. Greens are good too, though some places missing a little grass, but have a good speed. Staffs were very cordial and helpful.
Overall it is a good shorter course and worth the drive from Orlando.

Commented on 04/07/2020

Hello tomik17. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 03/17/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u129479313. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 03/17/2020

Here's the Best Review possible...... I am going back tomorrow!!!

Commented on 03/17/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Calvelli. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Schalamar

Very tight. Not too long. Decent greens. Fairways good, rough sparse. Ball washers actually had soap and water. One group waved me through and a second had me join. Nice folks

Commented on 03/17/2020

Thank you for your review, harvfrank. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice short course

Course is in very good shape. Greens are amongst the best around. tee boxes need work. Still a good value for the money.

Commented on 03/11/2020

Thank you for your review, gaudw001. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Auburndale, Florida