Links of Sandpiper

Year Built 1987

Dress code Collared shirt required

Back 9 closed

Played as a single behind a foursome but rate of play was good. Interesting layout with 3 par 3 , par 4, and par 5 holes. Unfortunately the back 9 was closedVery friendly staff on course and in clubhouse.

Getting Better

I know this is being rehabbed on the back 9 and it looks like it is going to be really nice and more challenging
Can't wait!!

A work in progress

Kinda like Atlanta, if they ever get it finished it’s gonna be nice.

Will be back!

Played this course for the first time today. We knew ahead of time that the back 9 is closed due to major renovation. Nice front nine, tee boxes , fairways and greens in good shape . Clubhouse was very nice and clean restrooms! We will be back and looking forward to golfing the renovated back 9!

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you for your review, annlhubbard. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Links of Sandpiper. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

what a change

from two years ago - you would think you were at a new course MUCH BETTER !!

Commented on 11/04/2019

vtcwe, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Links of Sandpiper.

great nine hole course for now

front nine is in mostly great shape some fairways a little shaggy greens and approaches all great

back nine being rebuild was told expected completion date november

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us PMAEGOLFER. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Links of Sandpiper thanks you!

Constantly Improving

Like many Polk Cty golfers, I gave up on Sandpiper a number of years ago. Over the last couple of years, major changes have been taking place: Clubhouse, practice area, practice green, course modifications and improvements. Everything that can be improved is being improved. Much of the renovation is in progress. That shouldn't deter anyone from playing the course (9 holes available currently). Play Sandpiper, watch the course as it is being remodeled and enjoy a fun round. Then every time you go back, something else will have improved. I started playing Sandpiper again when I heard about the changes taking place. For awhile, we could only play the back nine, then only the front. Twice through the same nine holes has not bother me in the least. People are friendly and seem to be happy they are involved in this project. Customer service is superior. Course conditions and playability are good for the average golfer and getting better.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Hi Robert1007488. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Links of Sandpiper!

Risk / Reward

I’ve played this course many times over the past 15 yrs. It has a nice layout but not the best kept. The new owner has dumped a small fortune in the course and has made it a great place to play. Front 9 is available to play while the back side is being developed. Still worth the visit! The Clubhouse is immaculate and the pro shop has much to offer. I understand the back will be opened 9/1. Go Play! You won’t be sorry.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Your feedback is important to us, u163515390. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Links of Sandpiper.

Bob C 5 19 19

The new owners have done amazing improvements to the course and it's amenities. And it is only going to get better.

Although the course has only 9 holes open at the moment, the nine holes are in great shape. Pace of play is naturally a little slow due to having to play the same nine twice. But we still played in a little over 3 hours.

With 4 sets of tees, there is plenty of difference between them to make playing 9 from one tee and 9 from.another challenging and enjoyable. Especially Blue and White.

I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to play a very good conditioned golf course at a good value.

Commented on 05/17/2019

Please let us know how we might improve for the future.

Lots of changes

Back 9 closed till September redoing the layout played front 9 twice it’s in good shape they recently sanded the greens but they rolled just fine but won’t break as much as u think can’t wait to see how it looks when the course gets completed but I’m liking what I see so far so many improvements made to make it a nicer course to play

Commented on 05/10/2019

Hi tk68. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Great deal for the money.

I was very surprised to find the course in the condition it was in. It was great! Although we had to play the front nine twice because the back nine was being re-done I did not mind at all. The clubhouse in restaurant area were in excellent condition. This was a great deal for the money.

Commented on 05/03/2019

Hi u190723239. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Extensive remodel drags on for years

This could be a great course. The land is good. Lots of interesting looks and gentle hills.

However, Sandpiper has been remodeling for well over a year. Apparently, the back nine remodel didn't take, so they are starting from scratch. It's dirt and bulldozers back there, so you have to play the front nine twice to get in 18.

That would be fine if the front nine was an improved treat, but it largely plays like it did pre-remodel. Lots of closely cropped weeds in the fairway; moguls in the fairway causing a perfect drive to dart hard left or right when landing; half of the greens are in pretty bad shape; zero restrooms or water stations.

The crown jewel of the remodel is the clubhouse, where the grill, common areas, and restrooms are spectacular. It's a beautiful place to spend time.

We will continue to support Sandpiper, as they are trying their best to create a great golf experience. We can only hope that that effort includes capable groundskeepers.

Commented on 05/10/2019

Thank you for the helpful feedback! Please let us know how we might improve.

Can’t beat the price

It’s not world class, but it is more than adequate and some really great people play there. Really an enjoyable round.

Commented on 04/22/2019

Thank you for the helpful feedback! Hopefully your next round will be even more impressive!

Great Course But...

The back 9 is undergoing another update!!
Frustrating....I will play here again just wish I knew why the need to do over what was just completed

Commented on 04/22/2019

Thank you for leaving us great feedback! We're very confident that the renovation will make for an amazing golf experience with all finished and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

New owners are going to make this real nice. Off to a good start.

Commented on 04/12/2019

Thank you for leaving us a wonderful four-star review! We're certainly looking forward to a beautiful end result!

Bbbbbb

Nice layout which I understand will get better. Good turf conditions. Backside greens will need to mature. I guess the 12th hole will be changing.. good riddance, it is a crummy hole. All in all a good round

Commented on 04/12/2019

We're so pleased that you liked our layout and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

A great course

Links of Sandpiper has become a fan favorite for us and our friends.
Although they're still working on the course, you can appreciate their process of becoming a great golf course.
We would recommend this course to all our friends.

Commented on 04/12/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us a terrific five-star review! We're certainly hard at work and we hope to see you again soon.

Saturday morning outing

This is the first time I have played the whole course since it was worked on. Beautiful layout. The changes are very nice. The fairways were good the greens were very good. Pace of play was slow but that is how it is this time of the year. I really like the new layout and a good time was had by all

Commented on 04/12/2019

We're thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed our renovations and changes! We're looking forward to your next round with us.

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.