Big Cypress Golf Club is part of a gated golf retirement community called Cypress Lakes. Conveniently located between Orlando and Tampa, the club offers two golf courses, the North and the South. The South Course is a championship layout that is more challenging than the executive-length North Course. Both courses are characterized by the abundance of water and swaying palms, offering the best of Florida golf. The South Course plays a long 6,680 yards from the back tees. The course presents a more demanding test than the North, appealing to more advanced players. Florida Golfer and Senior Golfer have recognized its challenging layout for its excellent conditions and design. Maintenance is a top priority at Big Cypress; on both courses the well manicured fairways and greens are consistently in good shape.

Big Cypress Golf Club - South Championship

Year Built 1987
Greens Diamond Zoysia Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1987)

Carts Yes - Riders not permitted

Walking Allowed No

Restaurant, Beverage Carts

This course is in excellent shape big high five to the ground keepers keep it going professionals.

Course is always in good shape

Greens and fairways very nice we have had lots of rain but only two fairways were closed to cart path only 6 and 10 driving range was closed due to the wet conditions. we played at 1:00pm had the course to ourselfs . love playing here.

Great conditions

Covid precautions are best around. Temperature check upon check in, dividers in the cart to seperate a 2nd rider. Putt up system in the cups so you dont have to touch anything. Greens in great shape, only noticed 2 that had blemishes.
Tees and fairways in great shape. Only 2 cart path only holes. Pace was great, weekday afternoon with golfnow hot deal, only took just over 2 hours. The layout is nice. Range was closed, as it usually is with any rain...Id suggest they just go ahead and make an aqua range there with floaters...
Always a great experience at Big Cypress South.

Great greens

Even though the course was rain soaked, greens keepers did a fantastic job protecting the fairways and the greens were outstanding. Can't wait to play the course again.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing South Course at Big Cypress Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Come with your best game

This course is definitely a players course. Tee shots were amazing and forced you guys to hit it properly or you were in trouble. Definitely going back once the course dries up from all the rain. Staff was excellent and super friendly.

This course is a hidden gem. Players course!

I’m a 3 handicap & pretty critical, but this course is now one of my favorite in the central Florida area. Nothing too flashy but just a great course to play. The greens are fantastic, not super fast but they roll similar to Cheval or World Woods on a slow day. Very smooth and the members obviously take care of the course . Staff was extremely nice and welcoming even with all the COVID precaution. For $38 this is 5 star

Try this one

Nice course in excellent condition!! You get a little bit of everything in the layout , but not too much of anything!!

Great greens!

Great greens. Course is good but a little tight. Beware of soggy Fairways if recent rain the day before. Cart path only and for good reason.

COVID-19

The best Covid-19 Golf course in FL so far great job of science.

Big Cypress Review

Rarely does a course live up to the hype. BC delivered in spades!
From the flocks of Wild Turkey, deer, and gators (Natural FL at it’s best) to the beautiful manicured course
BC was an absolute JOY to experience! Special thanks to Tom (Course Director), Ray (Ranger), and greeter Heidi...
I’m a native Floridian and much more than “the place”, THE PEOPLE make the difference!!!
We will definitely be back...God bless you folks.
Keep up the good work!

Course is in great shape, greens are the best in Lakeland outside of Eaglebrooke. Would absolutely recommend to anyone.

The course had a beautiful layout

Driving up and seeing modular homes didn’t really give me high expectations. As I began to play, I couldn’t believe how nice the course was. It was a amazing layout with great conditions.
I can’t wait to go back.

Was rained out, but it gets better as it was lighting as I stood at the I was told I could not go in to the pro shop because I didn't live in the community, are you kidding me I had my face mask on and the sign on the door said face mask optional? Needless to say I will never go back there

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing South Course at Big Cypress Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction at Big Cypress Golf Club. If you’re open to discussing this further, please call us at (863) 859-6871 and ask to speak with Allen, our Golf Operations Manager or you can mail us at bigcypressproshop@blairflorida.com. We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right and work toward earning back your business.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction at Big Cypress Golf Club. If you’re open to discussing this further, please call us at (863) 859-6871 and ask to speak with Allen, our Golf Operations Manager or you can email us at bigcypressproshop@blairflorida.com. We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right and work toward earning back your business.

Very nice

This course is in fantastic condition.. The greens could be a bit faster, but were very playable. The safety measures in place are the best I've seen since this craziness started. We will play again very soon.

Loved it!

Lakeland native and first time playing the South course. Played from green tees. We had a foursome and pace was great. Beautiful layout and grass was green everywhere. Greens were manicured perfectly. Favorite part was the "fans" under trees spread out on 18th green heckling everyone hilariously. Awesome! Will most def be back.

Zephyrhills, Florida