Surrounded by 200 acres of carefully preserved wetlands, the Groves Golf & Country Club offers championship golf in a spectacular setting. It sits conveniently just 20 minutes north of Tampa in Land O Lakes. Maintaining the natural beauty of the landscape was a top priority when designing the golf course, which is why the layout manages to seamlessly blend into the surroundings. The course, which measures 4,019 yards, offers all of the challenging qualities of a championship-length course but can be played in four hours or less. The player-friendly golf course offers something for all skill levels whether you are a scratch golfer looking for a quick round, or a beginner looking for some challenging practice. In addition to the course, The Groves also boasts a unique aqua driving range as well as putting and chipping greens.

The Groves Golf & Country Club
Scorecard for Groves
Gold M: 60.0/103 318 125 301 375 153 284 172 134 273 2135 260 153 205 233 168 105 292 161 307 1884 4019
Blue M: 58.0/95 303 115 273 362 135 254 163 106 252 1963 249 138 185 226 145 98 260 149 300 1750 3713
White M: 58.0/95 276 104 262 347 122 242 128 88 240 1809 234 133 180 170 121 82 250 144 278 1592 3401
Red W: 58.0/95 245 73 219 316 106 226 111 73 225 1594 210 125 153 152 95 68 226 122 256 1407 3001

Year Built 2000
Architect Gary Koch (2000)

Great round

This is a great short course. Challenging layout that makes you think of club selection. It is a great confidence builder for those of us that don’t hit very long. The course was in great condition and we basically had the course to ourselves. Will definitely keep on our rotation.

Enjoyed maiden voyage

My wife and I played The Groves for the first time in preparation for a scramble there later in the week. We enjoyed the experience. Pro shop staff was very helpful and friendly. Course conditions were excellent. The only par 5 was a challenge, particularly because it was difficult to locate the flagstick until we cleared over the swamp hiding the green. Look forward to playing The Groves much more.

AlwaysaPleasuretoPlay be

Playing The Groves is always a great time. The course layout is ideal and staff couldn't be friendlier!

Very enjoyable

After a week of heavy rains, the course had no cart restrictions as the course was dry after 1 day of no rain. Course conditions were as good as I've seen them at The Groves, from tee to green. As usual, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Always in Great Shape

Greens rolled smooth and above average speed. Fairways were great and tees were fine. Course was considerably dry compared to most in the area with so much rain lately. Designed to always make you place your shots which makes it challenging. Always a great experience at The Groves!

Great short course.

I have played this course many times over the years and I have always enjoyed it. Short course, only 4019 yards from the tips but a really fun course. Greens were in great shape and the fairways were very good. Well worth the cost.

Florida Advisor

Great Course. Great fun.

I booked a round on Golfnow today to play the course. I called the course before hand to request if I could walk instead of use a cart. Normally the course would not allow this, as well as many other courses around the area, but with the tee sheet being empty they allowed it. The course opened up with many great holes with lots of twists and turns. Greens rolled a bit slow but nothing that changed my enjoyment of the round. The Marshall, pro shop attendant, and PGA professional I encountered were all very friendly and made me feel welcome to the course. I like the mixture of par threes and fours. Also, there were quite a few short confidence building par fours that made the round that much more fun. Perhaps the most exciting hole is 18 that features a narrow fairway surround with trees and a green tucked away from civilization. Very serene. Overall I had a fantastic time and will definitely be back.

Great condition

Recent rains = lush, soft turf. Few small spots around bunkers that are still recovering from May’s long hot/dry spell. Holes 3 & 4 cart path only, some standing water on a couple cart paths. It’s such a fun short course. Accurate tee shots are definitely necessary as most OOB areas fall off into the wetlands, and errant balls never to be recovered. Pace of play, essentially as fast as you can play; midday heat seems to keep the course very open between 11-2.

Nice course!

Nice layout. Course is kept nice.
A little wet from the rain to be expected..
Several bathrooms and water on the course, A++

Wonderful experience great round of golf with friends

Great little course short well-manicured with trouble all around.

Great short course

We play here often. The greens were rebuilt last year and are in great condition. Leave your driver in the car and have fun.

Nice place to play golf.

Played here several times. Very nice course with great greens. Not a very long course but has its challenges. Very well kept and staff is great. Looking forward to coming back soon.

4 out of 5

Solid course all around. Challenging lay out that plays small with winding fairways. Precision is key here, leave the driver in the bag - you won’t need it. Opportunities to lose balls are everywhere, as a miss hit is rarely able for punch out. It’s simply gone into the wetlands for all of time.
I like to arrive 30/40 minutes early to get loose and sink some putts, however the club pro sent me out immediately which I wasn’t keen on. He partnered me up, no big deal, but said we “have to” share a cart. I thought the price I paid included a cart, but apparently not.
Whatever, I’ll be back. I recommend you do as well.

The fairways are really in bad shape as well as around the greens

PerfectDayOnTheCourse

Our chilly, rainy day on the course was perfect! The greens were in excellent condition, sand traps had nice sand and even though the fairways we're a bit hard, the course played true to form.

PerfectDayOnTheCourse

We hadn't been to this course in several years are we're thrilled with everything about today's round. We will absolutely be back...soon!

I always enjoy playing here. Great place to work on your irons and wedges The greens are in excellent shape, the fairways are nice. Wish there was a first cut, but still a great place to have an enjoyable day of golf, and then great food and cocktails after.

Slow pace on a weekend

We were following a 16 x foursome tournament who took a lot of time to play
Would not go back on the weekend when we have a choice to play on a week day

The Groves Golf and Country Club
Commented On 03/25/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, The Groves Golf and Country Club, in the Land O Lakes area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the foursome tournament so we may work towards any necessary improvements. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Aug 15, 2019 - Aug 31, 2020