Winston Trails Golf Club

3.7208588235 3.7 stars from 5 (58)

Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Designed by Joe Lee this 18-hole semi-private course has beautifully contoured wide fairways . Sparkling lakes are abundant and the bunkers are strategically positioned on the open fairways and around the greens.

The low-cut rough and tiered greens make it player-friendly and fun.

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards plays long   Great for drinks

"Winston Trails"

aLb0t's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

i thought the conditions could have been better. Fairways were beat up in lots of areas. Rough was often dead/mud patches.

greens were rolling fast.

The layout here has lots of doglegs. Need to be able to work the ball both ways off the tee here to score well.

for 55$ the price was about right. If they improved course conditions, they could get away with 75$ easy.

"Winston Trails a fine Golf course"

Sklights's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

I have played this course several times in the last few months as I live nearby. This course is a fine layout with greens that are fabulous. It is a challenging golf course that is set up to be fair to higher handicap players hitting from the shorter tees and difficult for the lower handicap players hitting from the back. The greens are very fast and always in great condition.

"Mediocre Course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2016
First time playing Used cart Average weather

Nothing special here. Fairways are ok; they should be cut much more and therefore the ball doesn't roll as far as it should. I'm not a big hitter and don't need an extra 5-15 yards taken off my drive due to poorly cut fairways. They're certainly not the quality of a better course. Layout is fine but nothing special. Tee boxes were not in best shape, also need to be cut better. Greens are the best part of the course - in good shape and moderately fast. This is just a mediocre course although not a bad value as I only paid about $32.

"Not your typical Florida course."

SgtBocaBob's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The course plays ;longer than the yardage indicates. Factor in the wind and humidity and every shot played a club longer. The greens were in good condition and rolled true. The fairways and traps were in good shape considering the amount of rain south Florida has gotten of late.

"Great Experience Will Be Coming Back!"

jones7296's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2014
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I played at Winston Trails just last month and the course was great. I spoke with Justin from the proshop and he did tell me that they had top dressed the greens that particular day. I was already having a bad day before even getting to the course and unfortunately took out my frustration out on Justin and the course afterwards with my reviews. The greens weren't actually that sandy and rolled very true even with the little sand from the top dress. I left the same review on their Facebook page and the administration quickly responded to my complaint inviting me back over. I played again on the 29th of October and it was great. The greens rolled great, fairways were excellent and I'll definitely be coming back. Sorry for the misleading review earlier!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"This course is not as good as it use to be."

jones7269's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I was very disappointed. When I made the tee time I asked the pro shop how the greens were and if they did anything to them. Their response, greens are great and no we haven't done anything to them. So I was very surprised when I got to the first green and it was full of sand. Thanks winston trails for lying to me and not telling me you sanded your greens! The greens were awful and way to sandy for a true putt. Fairways are in bad shape also in my opinion. I've played here many times in the past and enjoyed the course. I thought with season coming up the course would be in excellent shape. Seems like the course is going downhill instead of improving. With all the rain we've had I just can't understand what they're doing. Needless to say I won't be playing here in the future.

"Awesome Driving Range/Course"

FloridaGolferGuy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I played at Winston Trails as a single and was paired up with a twosome that I luckily had a lot in common with. The driving range was huge with two different practice chipping greens, putting green as well. The course in awesome shape and the greens some of the faster ones I've played at a public golf course in south Florida. They have an awesome winter/summer membership where they throw in the summer free of charge...think I might have found my new home course!

"Great course and conditions"

adamr415's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2014

Winston Trails is a course that you can call your own. It is not too tough, well laid out and not too close to homes. If you play it smart, the course is very manageable. Course conditions are always great and the practice facility is the best I have seen in the area.

"Great Course"

Baudy3969301's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Love this course. One of my favorites. Similar to Westchester.

"Relatively Easy and good course to play in the area"

Leo2putts's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Here is another quality course to play in the area. It's a relatively easy course without a lot of hazards. Most fairways are straight and wide open. The greens are at its best. Anyway, it's one of the best deals that you can get at its summer rates.

"Aerated greens very disappointing"

Di1128's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course should adjust pricing when there are aerated greens, and post this fact on golf now so that people can make an informed decision, as a player I typically choose to stay away from courses that are aerated. Greens also had several areas cut improperly which created a separation of more than a ball width between green an collar. Very poor greens, will call prior to playing again.

"big disappointment"

philstopfan's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This is what happens at a good golf course when everything is cut to the bone during off-season. I actually liked the course, but between the conditions, lack of signage/yard markers, and terrible customer service, it was a big disappointment. From the get-go it was like the place had been abandoned. I looked around the bag drop for somebody, but after ten minutes I just humped my bag into the pro shop. I made light of it, but the counter guy seemed irritated to be there and was rude and standoffish. After the round, again there was no one around, so I just policed up my cart and left.<br/> Now everyone's maintenance budget is cut during the summer, but here it was so evident, again it looked abandoned. Unkempt areas around the clubhouse, landscaping clearly not done in a while, bumpy (not punched, which I can live with; it's that time of year)greens scalped with debris strewn over them, carry your own rake (what if you are in a group and both of you are in bunkers on opposite sides of the fairway?). The range was tiny, had clearly not been picked in a long time, and was missing both flags and yardages.<br/> The course is long (6500 from the whites) but not hard...except there is no signage, no schematics, not even a stick figure to include hole direction. If you look around for a few minutes, you might find an overgrown brick with a "150" on it, but without a laser finder you are on your own. One par three the yardage was clearly at least thirty yards off. The lack of signage made it difficult to get around.<br/> Was looking forward to playing here and wish I could report otherwise, but it's a real shame to see a good golf course neglected.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Very good-Nice enjoyable course"

daninboca's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2014

This course is consistently in good shape. Nice variety of holes. I rate it in the the top 25% of PBCounty public courses.

"Like Playing on a private course"

Jeffrey1855449's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2014

Winston Trails was highly recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. We were paired with two others whose company we enjoyed. I played from the white tees and my wife from the red. I found the length long but not excessively and so long as you are not a slicer the water should not be a problem. 11 of the holes have water hazards. The course was in very good condition and the greens were fine except around the apron which might be from the summer heat. The pathways between holes were pretty and the summer rates make this affordable.

"Where Is Everyone???"

uJBEH4043JB's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice course in excellent condition for this time of year!!!<br/> Greens were edged in but in good shape. Balls ran true. Fairways in good condition. The bunkers I ended up in were in decent to good condition. Course offered some challenge but was no back breaker. It is a fairly long course though. Probably great for the bomb and gouge set, which I'm not part of.<br/> What really amazed me was that the course was practically deserted! I was told that wasn't unusual for late morning early afternoon during the week. That's fine with me. Didn't have to wait one time!<br/> My friend and I will be back and play here again.<br/> ( Late morning / early afternoon during the week. :) )

"Perfect Father's Day"

brucecanes's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Went with son and wanted to play on a nice course and we did. It was a holiday so it was crowded and we got paired with another father and son witch was fine. Most importantly the course was in great shape and was challenging with hazards and some of the pin placements. Beverage cart stopped by five times during our round which was perfect since we teed of at 9:35am

"Great Once You Tee Off"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

I booked the tee time on line. As I walked up to the counter in the pro shop with the reservation in hand, I was greeted with “Oh, you booked on line” with no attempt to hide, for the lack of a better word, contempt. If the course does not like to share greens fees with booking services, don’t participate. You only risk a bad review and undesired word of mouth descriptions. I was early and hit a bucket and went over to the putting green 10 minutes before my tee time. They called three twosomes to the tee, then I was called and paired with a threesome, only for our foursome to be followed by two more twosomes. I do not believe this is a private course, but unless you are a regular do not expect any decent treatment by the employees. However, once I teed off, I enjoyed a challenging course that was in very good shape. Unfortunately, thunderstorms moved in and we were not able to complete the back nine. I would really like to go back, but the lack of staff friendliness will not let me. There are enough choices that you do not have to put up with rude employees.

"A pleasure to play here"

LGS737's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2014

Very nice & enjoyable. (All the people left) Harrah

"This course in great shape"

robb1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2014
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were in terrific shape. Not too fast or slow. The fairways need a little more water to plush them up.

"Pleasantly Surprised!"

hspitz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

First time I played at Winston Trails and it won't be my last!