A view from a green at Atlantic National Golf Club

Formerly known as Grand Lacuna Golf Club, this par-71 championship course now goes by the name Atlantic National Golf Club. Designed in the late 1980s by Joe Lee, the course was designated one of the 50 best public courses in Florida. The challenging layout has plenty of variety that will require all different types of shots. Golfers will find that they need to use every club in their bag. Water hazards come into play on several holes but the strategically placed bunkers that lurk along the greensides and fairways are particularly tricky. There are some tough holes but it is an accommodating layout for all skill levels, especially since it has four diverse sets of tees. In addition to the golf course, Atlantic National offers a grass driving range, two putting greens, and a chipping area with a practice bunker.

Atlantic National Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Fairways Celebration Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Joe Lee (1988)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code No jeans. No tennis shorts. No halter tops. No sleeveless shirts.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

19th Hole Specials 19

Course closed

When I got to the gate I was informed that the course was closed by the gate keeper. I had booked this round days in advance, pre paid! But no one contacted me to inform me of the closure. Waste my time driving !! Next time send a notice...please

Good track

Challenging. Good course condition. Great pace of play.

Commented on 05/25/2020

Thank you U533896362 for the GREAT review! We're pleased you had a great experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

One of my favorite coarses

I've played this coarse many times. It is one of my favorite. The fairways are in great condition as are the greens. Water comes into play on many holes. The coarse in moderately challenging. The staff were all wearing facemasks and the golf carts were being sanitized after each round. The bunkers were in good condition although some of the sand was firm due to recent rain. The GPS's on the carts are very useful as are the electronic scoring feature. Rangers were out on the coarse and will say something to players if not keeping pace. Highly recommend this course.

Commented on 05/25/2020

Thank you STANJORDAN for the GREAT review! Thank you for taking the time to leave a few comments about your recent visit. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Outstanding course

Outstanding course .The layout is very interesting and challenging. One of my top places to play in Palm Beach County

Commented on 05/21/2020

Thank you VODKA for the GREAT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Nice outing

The course is in good shape and the greens are well maintained. I was paired with three women who hit from the red tees. They moved the ball along and maintain a good pace of play. We finished in 4 hours. Vey hot & humid day.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Thank you JERRY4297691 for the EXCELLENT review! We appreciate you taking the time for leaving some comments about your recent experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Atlantic National nice course but stingy rain policy

I have really enjoyed playing this golf course, it is a nice layout and well maintained but I have learned the hard way that they have by far the stingiest rain check policy I have ever witnessed in all my years of golf. I recently played there and on the 4th hole it started raining. It rained hard off and on through the next 5 holes and was pretty soaked by the turn. I went into the pro shop and asked for a rain check and was told they wouldn’t allow it unless the superintendent “closed” the golf course. I decided to continue to play instead of forfeiting my greens fee and again on the 10th hole it started raining very hard for about 10 minutes with heavy wind soaking me. Once the rain stopped I tried to continue but was soaked head to toe and could not hold my clubs. The greens had puddles on them and the fairways were soaked to the extent that not only were my feet soaked but I had to move my ball to out of puddles. I eventually gave up and went home with wet clubs, clothes and shoes. This turned into a very unenjoyable experience that could have been handled by the pro shop at the turn. This was very disappointing that they force you to play in terrible conditions instead of allowing you to come back in more favorable conditions. Many golfers went home mad because they too were denied a rain check. I learned a valuable lesson which is do NOT play this golf course or even book a tee time if rain is even remotely forecast for that day. I hope the management will rethink their excessively stingy rain policy to show they actually care about their players, and that they want their golfers to have an enjoyable experience.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Thank you SKLIGHTS for the GOOD review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave comments about your recent experience. Unfortunately, nobody is in control of the weather. Management acknowledges that intermittent rainfall may disrupt play on any given day. You came to play golf and it is our objective to provide everyone every opportunity to do so. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced due to the inclement weather last week. We hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Atlantic Golf Course Review

First time playing the course, nice layout and good condition.
I will be back again as I thoroughly enjoyed the day.
I hear the food is amazing also!!
Thanks to the staff, it was great to get out and play again !

Commented on 05/21/2020

Thank you PAULECCLESTON for the EXCELLENT review! We're pleased you had a great experience! We anticipate welcoming you back soon! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Covid-19 reveiw

Starting from the pro shop you have to wear a mask upon entering the pro shop...totally agree.
Staff very friendly and welcoming, carts waiting for you and sanitized, hopefully?
Tee times are spread out and I love that!
Course in fairly good shape considering the drought conditions so maybe role it over to some green grass!
Good track of golf and usually always in good shape!

Commented on 05/21/2020

Thank you RCOTT22 for the EXCELLENT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some comments about your recent visit. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Even with being aerated recently, course was in good shape. Less than 4hr round which is a plus. As always staff was great

Commented on 05/21/2020

Thank you U732563082 for the GREAT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 05/04/2020

Thank you U31459458627 for the EXCELLENT review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a few comments about your experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Very bad customer service to many other nice places to play, don't waste your time here

No Empathy or Concern about making sure I come back.

They opened the course after the Corona scare and after I made a confirmed TeeTime Thursday or Friday morning on Golfnow, I am angry because they told me Golfnow opened their tee times too early and all the early reservations made through Golfnow did not count. They said I should have been sent an email. Meanwhile, if you were wondering who “they” are, it is the golf pro at Atlantic National checking me in; he is the one telling me this because I am at the course and of course, I received no such email and Me and my three friends are told to leave. The Golfnow rep called them only to be told they couldn’t and wouldn’t do anything for us, it was not a hot deal so the rep told me the course should have excepted the reservation. The rep tried to give me some $40 coupon which was the only thing that was nice about the day. The golf pro said he had a couple earlier that it had happened to. So that is 6 people including our 4 that you refused the whole day until our 11:48 tee timer And you couldn’t squeeze us out?? Scum bag service and course for that. They didn’t offer another tee time in the future or attempt at saving the relationship. I was a member 2 years ago for the summer and they didn’t even mention that, the place is a joke and one of the Slowest golf courses in South Florida. Now I can’t play golf for the first time in 2 months because there are no tee times left. Thanks a lot I am going to tell everyone I know not to play there.

Great to be back

Course had some bare spots and had some issue spots on a couple of greens, but otherwise it was a great round. The staff was great and had all aspects planned out from time to get there to how to leave tips. Very enjoyable course and the bad spots were from the work they did while shut down. Course will only get better.

A Gem

This golf course was relaxing yet challenging. The carts worked well, it was easy to do course management and it was fair. The conditions were very good and the staff was professional and friendly..
I highly recommend this course!

Commented on 03/25/2020

Thank you SUSANLIPKINS17 for the EXCELLENT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a few comments about your recent visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Beautiful Course

This was my third time playing this course in a month, and it has always been a really enjoyable experience!

Commented on 03/25/2020

Thank you MARYDALE for the EXCELLENT review! We thank you for taking the time to leave us a few comments about your recent experience. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 03/25/2020

Thank you U000001149168 for the GREAT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

One of the best courses in the area..great layout. Challenging but very fair also. Good practice facilities and pleasant staff. It’s a must play.

Commented on 03/25/2020

Thank you U000007995179 for the EXCELLENT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a few comments about your visit. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 03/25/2020

Thank you U5695677 for the EXCELLENT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review after your recent visit. Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Excellent course

Found the course in great shape and challenging . Nice layout. Conditions are very good the greens are very nice and roll well Staff is friendly and accommodating

Commented on 03/25/2020

Thank you U00000808126 for the EXCELLENT review! We're pleased you had a great experience! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Commented on 03/17/2020

Thank you ANN1744138 for the GREAT review! Thank you for choosing ANGC!

Boynton Beach, Florida