Atlantic National Golf Club

Formerly known as Grand Lacuna Golf Club, this par-71 championship course now goes by the name Atlantic National Golf Club. Designed in the late 1980s by Joe Lee, the course was designated one of the 50 best public courses in Florida. The challenging layout has plenty of variety that will require all different types of shots. Golfers will find that they need to use every club in their bag. Water hazards come into play on several holes but the strategically placed bunkers that lurk along the greensides and fairways are particularly tricky. There are some tough holes but it is an accommodating layout for all skill levels, especially since it has four diverse sets of tees. In addition to the golf course, Atlantic National offers a grass driving range, two putting greens, and a chipping area with a practice bunker.
Atlantic National Golf Club
Scorecard for Atlantic National Golf Club
Blue M: 70.6/130 430 377 332 162 540 354 533 180 401 3309 364 196 391 383 568 198 398 177 535 3210 6519
White M: 69.0/127 W: 74.1/137 414 357 310 143 523 314 513 160 381 3115 344 179 376 365 532 181 378 157 515 3027 6142
Green/White M: 67.5/122 414 357 310 143 473 314 440 160 356 2967 344 129 376 365 473 181 378 157 461 2864 5831
Green M: 65.7/115 W: 70.8/129 336 335 291 125 473 294 440 145 356 2795 298 129 349 326 473 162 312 141 461 2651 5446
Red M: 63.6/112 W: 68.5/121 326 273 276 105 423 251 425 135 311 2525 289 117 336 321 462 139 289 125 413 2491 5016

Year Built 1988
Fairways Celebration Bermuda
Greens TifEagle Bermuda
Architect Joe Lee (1988)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code No jeans. No tennis shorts. No halter tops. No sleeveless shirts.

19th Hole Specials 19

Finally Dry and Ready to Play at top Shape again!

I play this course about once a month and it is always in great shape, love this place. Greens are rolling fast and true in great condition. Fairways and tee boxes are great. You cant beat the course conditions for the price. There is some course maintainance going on at one par three (#8) currently but other then that its ready to play. Great practice facilities and the food is good to. Only drawback is if we get some consistent rain, 5-6 fairways get water logged and really soft but they are all good as of today.

Commented On 09/20/2018

Thank you HARDBAL23 for the GREAT review! We appreciate your comments. We're pleased you have enjoyed all of the amenities that we have to offer at Atlantic National. As you noted, we are rebuilding the tee box on hole #8 and have almost concluded our irrigation system overhaul. We anticipate your next visit!

Slow Play

Course of Play was good for the Front 9, with at least a hole between groups probably 8-10 minutes between groups, however during the transition to the back 9, the course of play slowed to the point where on Hole 12-14 your could see 5 groups over two holes. Had to wait 15 minutes for four other groups on Hole 14 (three on the actual hole). Player's Assistant was well you're 7 minutes ahead, but he couldn't explain why he had to pass three other groups on a Par 4 to chat with us about pace of play. During the hotter times of the day these courses need to stack groups 12-15minutes apart, to alleviate groups jamming up.

Commented On 09/20/2018

Thank you Timothy7748939 for the GREAT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a few comments about your recent experience at Atlantic National Golf Club. We do operate at Nine minute tee time intervals which does allow for a smoother pace of play. Your round happened to be on a typical Saturday morning, when the golf course is engrossed with other players. If you're not waiting on the group ahead of you, you've fallen out of position. We can understand that waiting for the group ahead of you is unpleasant in the summer with elevated temperatures. However, it's part of this beautiful game. We look forward to your next visit to our facility!

Course is very well maintained

The entire course is in great condition. Greens are excellent, putts roll true and at good speed. Staff are friendly.

Commented On 09/04/2018

Thank you U738773252 for the GREAT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review about your experience. Thank you for your comments. Our Superintendent and his staff have been working diligently to improve overall course conditions and playability throughout this summer as you noted in your comments about the greens. We look forward to having you return back to Atlantic National Golf Club soon!

Georgia Advisor

Fun Course in O.K. Condition - Good Value

This was my first time playing Atlantic National. I was able to get a great deal on GolfNow.com.

All the people I met and encountered at the golf course were very polite and nice.

I really like their range (plenty of grass area to hit from and in very good condition).

The GPS in the carts was very nice especially for someone like myself who has never played the course before. I really like how the GPS give a "fly over" of each hole when you pull up to the tee box.

For the money this was a very good course. Not an extremely difficult layout but was fun and challenging. Greens had just been sanded (the sand was not watered into the greens) so the greens were EXTREMELY slow. I was not told of the sanding of the greens until I got to the first green and saw it had just been sanded. I wish I would have been told by the pro shop so I would have known what to expect.

Several of the tee boxes were in very poor condition (little grass to hit off of, but lots of sand). It seemed as though half the tee boxes were nice and half were very poor.

I don't know why, but on many of the holes it smelled as though sewage was in the ponds or canals. I could not figure out why, but many of the holes really had an awful stench to them.

Overall, I liked the course and the value you get for the price you pay.

Commented On 07/27/2018

Thank you RETTJ for the Good Review! We thank you for taking the time to leave us some comments about your experience. Upon reading your comments, you played on an afternoon where we performed common maintenance practice of topdressing the greens and applying fertilizer to some "hot spots" around the course. We look forward to your next visit to Atlantic National Golf Club!

Commented On 07/20/2018

Thank you SUPERTIM69 for the EXCELLENT review! We're pleased you had a great experience! We look forward to your next visit!

rain

Began raining at my tee time. Rained for 45-50 minutes. Closed course due to standing water on course which tells me that they take pride in the conditions on the course.

Commented On 07/03/2018

Thank you DPITT001 for leaving us an EXCELLENT review! We hope your next visit won't be affected by inclement weather! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Enjoyable Day

Have played this course for many years from back when it was Grand Lacuna to Atlantic National now. Very playable layout that depending on the tees can make for very challenging to relatively tame. Since it was bought out they renovated the course and it is in excellent condition which makes for good golf. Played on a hot day but pace was great and after the first tee we didn't have to wait but for a few shots here and there. Will definitely be back again.

Commented On 06/19/2018

Thank you U000002703562 for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a few comments about your experience. We're pleased to read that you had an excellent day at Atlantic National Golf Club! Come back soon!

Commented On 06/19/2018

Thank you ROBB1 for the GREAT review! We look forward to your next visit!

Commented On 06/05/2018

Thank you ROBB1 for the GOOD review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience at Atlantic National Golf Club. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

A new favorite course

First time I got to play here and it's already one of my favorites. From the friendly greeting at the pro shop to Bruce the starter guiding you and all the staff helping along the way it was a great experience. The course was in great shape even after all the rain, GPS cart were helpful and the round went at a nice pace. The layout was challenging and gave you an opportunity to use all clubs from the blue tees. I will definitely play here again. Soon. Like this Sunday!

Commented On 05/29/2018

Thank you MATTMANZ for the EXCELLENT review! We're pleased that you enjoyed your experience while at our facility! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and some comments about your visit. Thank you for the recommendation and we anticipate your next round!

Boynton Beach, Florida