Formerly known as Grand Lacuna Golf Club, this par-71 championship course now goes by the name Atlantic National Golf Club. Designed in the late 1980s by Joe Lee, the course was designated one of the 50 best public courses in Florida. The challenging layout has plenty of variety that will require all different types of shots. Golfers will find that they need to use every club in their bag. Water hazards come into play on several holes but the strategically placed bunkers that lurk along the greensides and fairways are particularly tricky. There are some tough holes but it is an accommodating layout for all skill levels, especially since it has four diverse sets of tees. In addition to the golf course, Atlantic National offers a grass driving range, two putting greens, and a chipping area with a practice bunker.

Atlantic National Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Fairways Celebration Bermuda
Greens TifEagle Bermuda
Architect Joe Lee (1988)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code No jeans. No tennis shorts. No halter tops. No sleeveless shirts.

19th Hole Specials 19

Good day

First time I played here. It was a fun time. Lots of sand and water to make it interesting

Havent played in awhile here, and I almost forgot how great this course is. Fairways were very soft, as it allowed the ball to sit up high, and hit easily. Would give the greens 8/10, as a few of the greens had sand in some spots.

Overall, great value for the price, along with the GPS carts..

Worth the time

This is a really nice course, friendly staff, some of the greens needed more TLC, but didn't hamper my game. Fairways go from wide open to very narrow at times. Carts have GPS which is good and bad. The governor will slow you down at times when you are trying to cover more ground to locate errand shot balls. Not a deal breaker.

Commented on 09/21/2019

Thank you SINTAG3 for the EXCELLENT review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a few comments about your recent experience. We look forward to your next round!

Commented on 09/21/2019

Thank you TROTMANK14 for the GOOD review! We anticipate your next visit!

Commented on 08/29/2019

Thank you U000005652538 for the GREAT review! We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review from your recent experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Course was is in great shape. Greens rolled true. Got rained out after 11th. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Commented on 08/21/2019

Thank you MSIMM for the EXCELLENT review! Thank you for providing us with a few comments about your experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Horrible way to do business.

FYI, if you make multiple tee time reservations and 1 player doesn't show up, they will charge you if not cancelled more then 24 hours in advance, no questions asked. If you make one foursome reservation and no one shows up, you won't get charged. Interesting way to do business.

I run a golf league and 11 of 12 players showed up and they charged me for the 12th. "Per management policy" no refunds are given. Apparently they rather lose business than not charge one player's fees. Must be struggling for cash.

Has never happened to me in any other course. Needless to say, I will never bring any business to Atlantic National.

Commented on 08/21/2019

Thank you R12FURBINO for leave us a review about your recent experience. We hope you enjoyed your experience utilizing what our facility has to offer. As we understand it by your comments, you received a no-show penalty due to our cancellation policy. We anticipate the opportunity to provide you with a great golfing experience again in the future.

Course upgrades, excellent condition, give it a try.

The course has undergone upgrades and is in great condition. Not a bad lie all day. Unfortunately, thunderstorms made for an early exit. 2nd time playing since "re-opened" with upgrades. Both were fun. Staff were all great. Greens are a bit on the fast side-which I prefer.

Commented on 08/21/2019

Thank you PARTHUR for the EXCELLENT review! We thank you for providing us with some comments about your experience and look forward to your next visit.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Thank you PAULKIM430 for the GREAT review! We thank you for recommending our facility! We look forward to your next visit; Thank you for playing!

Commented on 08/01/2019

Thank you U9241896 for the GOOD review! We look forward to your next visit!

Good value, no question.

Nice course and a good rate of play. I like this course especially the Back Nine where you don’t hear/see the freeway. Good value on Golf Now.

Commented on 08/01/2019

Thank you U000005530572 for the EXCELLENT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a few comments about your recent visit. We look forward to your next round!

Nice place

This is the one of the better public places to play in Palm Beach county. Good value with hot deal summertime

Commented on 08/01/2019

Thank you Marc7854224 for the GOOD review! We appreciate your comments and are pleased to read you had an enjoyable experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Commented on 08/01/2019

Thank you kookie99 for providing us a GOOD review! We look forward to your next visit!

What a joke!

This isn’t the first time this has happened with Golfnow, but it was an extremely disappointing experience playing this round today. The course had just been punched both greens and fairways along with may tee boxes being closed for repairs. There was no advanced knowledge of these issues when booking this tee time and the round gave me zero opportunity to get any positive experience. This will likely be the last time that I play at this course as I believe the course should have been closed to the public in the condition that it was in.

Good value and fun!

I really enjoyed playing Atlantic today. Good pace of play, nice fairways and greens. A couple of tee boxes are under renovation but otherwise, great conditions. I’ll definitely play there again.

Commented on 05/31/2019

Thank you U000005530572 for the GREAT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a few comments about your recent experience. We look forward to your next round!

Great course but remodeling now

This is an excellent course to play right now for the money. Keep in mind that about 4 tee boxes are being redone. It is still a great value, but understand that 3 of the par 3s are at about 100-120 yds. It was fun and fast and we enjoyed the couple we played with!

Commented on 05/31/2019

Thank you BIRDYGOLFER23 for the GREAT review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a few comments about your recent experience. We look forward to your next round!

Don’t play here!!

Upon arrival at the course we noticed a lot of construction going on which was surprising, because NOTHING was mentioned about this on GolfNow. The fairways were all tore up because they shut down a week prior to take care of the nematodes. All the greens were sanded and covered in little pebbles. 80 percent of the bunkers were filled with water. 3 of the 4 par 3s had mats to hit from because the tee boxes were gone and they all played around 70 yards from all the tees. I understand courses get renovated but not telling the public before you take there money is fraud and a misrepresentation. There are way too many nice courses around to waste your time here, I will never play this course again and i recommend anyone reading this does the same.

Commented on 05/18/2019

Thank you JUSTIN3230754 for your review. We acknowledge that our renovation to five tee boxes is currently in progress. However, the golf course, fairways and greens are in excellent playable condition. We appreciate you informing others about your experience.

The course was ok

It would have been nice to know that they are working on all greens and fairways. Some of the tee markers were right next to each other. and pthe fairways were aerated. I understand the need th do the work but it would have nice that we were told beforehand.

Commented on 05/11/2019

Thank you U0000058321 for the GOOD review! We appreciate your comments and you taking the time to review your recent experience. We have yet to do any aerification to the golf course. Tuesday, May 7th we had a soil fumigant application which created the scoring lines you saw on the fairways. These preventative maintenance procedures are a necessary evil to maintain the desired course conditions. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boynton Beach, Florida