Miami Springs Golf & Country Club

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Roger Piermarini School of Golf"

Blue 71 6785 yards N/A N/A
White 71 6455 yards N/A N/A
Red (W) 72 5664 yards N/A N/A

Location is near the airport convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals beginners walkers   Challenges include bunkers plays long thick rough   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Very playable"

davefarrington's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

Really enjoyed this course. Not too difficult and no hidden surprises. Bunkers in great shape. Greens had been sanded but still playable. Warning signs for alligators but disappointed not to see any. Hope to play again before going home. Great value for money.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the kind feedback and 4-stars, Dave. Your comments will be shared with our staff and we hope to have you back at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club again soon.

"Great experience"

penachristian's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

My friends and I really enjoyed playing at Miami Springs. The course is very forgiving, with wide fairways and plenty of opportunities to make shots. The driving range is grass. I would highly recommend the course.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the kind feedback and 5-stars! Your comments will be shared with our staff and we hope to have you back at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club again soon.

argraham's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018

Extremely friendly staff from arrival to leaving. Course was very well laid out and offered a good test if you wanted to play from back tees. Will definitely play again when I am next in Miami area. Genuinely enjoyable mornings golf prior to getting the flight home to UK.

Thank you.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/16/2018:

"The best golf value for the money in Miami!"

simvin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

I've played Springs over the years since I moved back to Miami from College in 1974. I've given up golf for over 10 years on and off since then. In 2008 I retired and began playing twice a week. My handicap has dropped to single digit 9 and I have seen this course go from very bad to almost great. Over the last 3 - 4 years a new commitment to a great course superintendent has brought Springs back to life where I can safely say it is the best course for your money in Greater Miami. The Staff is great and knowledgeable and the clubhouse keeps improving. I continue to play it every week.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the kind feedback and 5-stars! We truly value your dedication to playing our course over the years. All of your comments will be shared with our staff and we hope to have you back at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club again soon.

"Great course"

bman305's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Very relax place 2 play very peaceful love it can play there every day and will never get bored highly recommended

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the kind recommendation and 4-stars! All of your comments will be shared with our staff and we hope to have you back at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club again soon.

schneider1976's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2018

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/02/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars! Come back to Miami Springs Golf & Country Club for another great round soon.

moskowic's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/27/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! Come back to Miami Springs Golf & Country Club for another great round soon.

"Same Old, Same Old"

lannertcito's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

When I played this old-school gem 16 days ago, it was in surprisingly mediocre shape, but I thought that round was an outlier. No such luck. The greens, in large part, were still bumpy, brown and slow, while the fairways remained thin in many spots. Conversely, the rough was a bit thick. Bunkers were playable where they had been raked. The sloth-like pace of play on a rainy, humid Saturday was exacerbated on the back nine as three foursomes were stacked up at No. 10. The attentive beverage cart service mysteriously disappeared after the front nine. Still, after a nearly five-hour round, the snack bar and its efficient staff offered a welcome reprieve. The pro shop staff and starter were polite and helpful. Given its dishearteningly, sub-par state, MS is currently best suited for practice rounds on weekdays.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/27/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, are sorry to hear that your recent round may not have met your expectations. Your comments regarding course conditions will be shared with our staff as work on any necessary improvements, but we hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us. We're glad you had a positive experience with our staff, and we hope we can welcome you back to Miami Springs Golf & Country Club for an improved golf experience soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/28/2018:

Thanks for the 5-star review! Come back to Miami Springs Golf & Country Club for another great round soon.

"Very convenient."

uVKUJ8099VK's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I play there often and it's good for the money, I get good deals thru golfnow hot deals. The t times are not that good for the summer but all in all its a good course to play.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/27/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We appreciate your comments as they will be shared with our staff. Book another round at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club again soon!

fbaroja's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/22/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and kind feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course and we can't wait to have you back again soon. Thank you for choosing Miami Springs Golf & Country Club!

"Historic course at a fair price"

Joe8488220's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Miami Springs was home to the Miami Open for 30 years. Palmer and Snead are among the illustrious former winners.

Played from the (Blue) back tees, it is a fair test for mid to low handicappers and is in good nick for a course at this price-point.

The greens had recently been sanded but were still quite true. I would definitely visit again the next time I'm in America.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/19/2018:

Joe, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. We truly value your feedback regarding our course and are glad to hear we could provide you with a valuable golf experience. We look forward to having you back at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club next time you're in town!

fbaroja's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review! We hope you enjoyed your recent round at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club, and we look forward to having you back again soon.

"What Happened?"

lannertcito's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Six weeks ago, Miami Springs closed a week for renovation that more closely resembled a shocking demolition. The usually smooth-putting greens were spongy, with some sporting ugly brown patches and unevenly-cut surfaces that made putting a pointless exercise. While the fairways were thin and brown in many spots, the bunkers were in good shape. The shockingly poor course conditions were exacerbated by the dreadful pace of play. The starter nonchalantly placed my friend and I behind a foursome, a couple of walkers and a pair playing painfully slow. Neither the foursome nor the walkers would let us play through, so we went around them and played behind the pokey pair until they finally allowed us to play through after the 13th hole. As usual, there was no beverage cart service, but the reliably cheerful and professional service rendered by Anais in the snack bar was the lone bright spot of a dark day at the Springs.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we are sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. During the time of your round, our course had been affected by the heavy amount of rain which also tends to affect the pace of play if you are not part of the first groups out. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any specific concerns and we would be happy to address them with you. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding, and we hope that we can have you back out for an improved experience soon.

pinillo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 3-stars. We hope you enjoyed your day with us, but value any additional feedback for your future experience with us. We hope to have you back at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club again soon!

"good course for average golfers"

mlrathome's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in good shape considering all the rain we have had recently.

There is not too much trouble, making it a good course for those if us who are not highly skilled.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/03/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review and sharing your feedback with us. We hope you enjoyed your recent experience with us at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club, and we look forward to having you back for another round soon.<br/>

"Old course/New Life"

luisluacesgolf2017's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Miami Springs was the home of the Miami Open until 1955. A course where Palmer, Nicklaus, Sarazen, Snead and many other stars of the past played, it still maintains its love me/love me not face. The course has been in remodeling mode since last year and the city has input many $ to renew the bunkers, greens and common areas. The club house is also getting remodeled to a sports bar feeling, with all the amenities, refreshments and great food. Chicken wings are really good and the Philly steak sandwich good as well.

The greens run true, not that speedy like other courses to the north of Miami but true. Fairways are ample and almost from anywhere you could get on the greens. Springs has some of the most challenging par threes in all of Miami, (#4, #8, #12, #16) be cause of distance or elevation. Back nine has three par fours that could be for any average player a par five due to its distance, dog leg angles and green protection. Overall a great course design, wide fairways and difficult greens make Miami Springs one of my favorites of S. Florida.

Response from #MiamiSpringsCC on 07/03/2018:

Luis, thank you for the 4-star review! On behalf of our staff, we truly value your kind feedback and dedication to playing our course and are glad to hear you are enjoying our course improvements. We hope you had a great round with us recently and can make it back to Miami Springs Golf & Country Club or another one soon.<br/>

cduggan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

StephenKelly92's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

Response from Miami Springs Golf & Country Club on 05/21/2018:

We truly appreciate the 5-star review, Stephen! We hope you had a great day with us at Miami Springs Golf & Country Club. Come back again soon.

ManuelCorao's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

Response from Miami Springs Golf & Country Club on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for your kind review, as well as the 3-stars, Manuel! We're glad to hear you enjoy playing our course, and we hope you had a great round with us recently. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami Springs Golf & Country Club again soon!