A view of the 13th green from The Club at Venetian Bay.

The Club at Venetian Bay

Year Built 2008
Architect Clifton, Ezell & Clifton (2008) Chris Gray (2013)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Appropriate golf attire required; No tank tops, denim, T-shirts, cut-offs, sweat pants, bathing suits or other athletic shorts are permitted

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Sports

Fitness

Windy / Wet / Excellent Customer service

Was very windy out on the course. Greens were nice and fast but fairways soft. At the turn we got some rain and TStorms. Unable to finish the round Jimmy in the pro shop went above and beyond to make it work to finish the round another day. Always enjoy the course here but customer service has really steeped up.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Hi u000006783371. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Club at Venetian Bay!

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u3263731! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Club at Venetian Bay!

The back nine was closed??

I booked the tee time on GolfNow and there were no restrictions listed when I booked it. When I arrived at the course I was informed the back nine was closed and we had to play the front nine twice. Had they listed the restriction on GolfNow when I was making the tee time, I would have played elsewhere. I could have asked for a refund but I was already there and loaded up to play. Lesson learned on my part to call ahead and ask from now on.

Aside from that, the course was in good shape. They added new sand to the bunkers and it was pretty deep. If you hit your ball in to it, you’re ball would be embedded 4-6 inches.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hello, Kevin8250241. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about the missing tee time info is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are informed about significant changes in course conditions before booking. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements and continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. We hope to see you again soon.

Good course well maintained could only play 9 holes twice no prior notice.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Venetian Bay. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Back 9 Twice

I secured a “hot deal” online to play this course. My goal was to check out the course for when our guests arrive next week. They are a senior golfing couple who are better than me, a life long hacker. The night before I was to play, Jimmy, a course employee, called to let me know that the front nine would be closed, but I could played the back nine twice. I asked if I could play the front nine the following day, and he said okay. When I arrived the second day, I was told the front nine was still closed. So, I played the back nine again. However, the starter was kind enough to let me drive the cart through the front nine, so I could see the layout. The point of all this is that how a business handles these type of situations will go a long way in determining if a customer returns. Our friends and I will be playing there next week.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hi u314160506402. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this situation. We also appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Club at Venetian Bay!

Unfortunately front nine was close due to bunker repairs. Back nine in great shape and no issues playing it twice. Can’t wait until all 18 holes open.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Thank you for your understanding and for visiting us at The Club at Venetian Bay. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi Bell1960. We are glad you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you so much for taking the time leave a positive review. Thanks for choosing The Club at Venetian Bay!

Why is everything so difficult nowadays ? It is not that hard !

Let me start by saying I really love the course at Venetian Bay. In fact so much so that I drive a hour early in the morning to play the course. Our golf group plays all over central Florida every Saturday. Venetian Bay is top 10 to play with us. I booked at 733 am , arrived about 40 minute early, only to be told by the starter when we arrived at the first hole that our tee time was 751 am. When I showed him my confirmation, he said I can only go by what is on the sheet. So basically they let (2) group of members go off in our booked time.
So that was aggravation #1. For some reason they were going off # 10 today, no reason given, then we find out the first four (4) greens have not been cut or whipped at least , aggravation#2. Venetian Bay is not overly expensive to play but not cheap either with the fees and taxes. I am disappointed for the first time with Venetian Bay.
My last comment is a plea for golf course management people to stop making health decisions for their customers . I really don’t want to hear about the Governor says that there can be two people in a cart, just post a single cart rate if you want to take advantage of loyal customers during a pandemic . It is not the extra 5 or 10 dollars . It is the principle, we all have to make our own health decisions ! I will not give up on Venetian Bay but I will not be rushing back for a while.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi, dnaglepsg! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back soon!

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi u314160847521. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Venetian Bay.

Always love playing this course. The place has dried up since we played on Tuesday, so didn,t have to walk as far. Great fun, hooked us up with Patrica and Tom. Great play.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi u5181742. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Venetian Bay.

Played this course several years ago and found the course did not hold water well. The first two holes were really wet and almost unplayable. Played it last year and found it much improved. Had recently aerated the greens, but were rolling nicely, even compared to earlier in the week when we played here.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi u401599264. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Venetian Bay.

Aerated Greens

If you take out the greens the course is beautiful. Tee boxes, fairways and ruff are lush. Used the automatic two putt rule for greens because of aeration. Played too slow today for amount of People on course. It only takes one slow group to back up a quick round. Definitely would recommend you put this on your list to play.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi egiannascoli. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Club at Venetian Bay.

Commented on 10/02/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, egiannascoli. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Club at Venetian Bay!

We hooked up with 2 others and we were pretty much matched. Pleasant day, cool and windy. Nice change. Had to keep carts off fairways as they had so much rain. But overall fun. Then had lunch at the clubhouse. Good food and a lot of it.

Commented on 10/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u5181742. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Club at Venetian Bay thanks you!

Great course!

Only 3 stars for course conditions because of the soggy conditions and the recent aeration. This would be an amazing round if not for that. I will definitely come back!

Commented on 10/05/2020

malvus1980, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (386) 424-5775. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 10/01/2020

Hi malvus1980. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Club at Venetian Bay.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Thank you for reviewing us, u000006355210. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

nice course

Always a pleasant time playing here. Plenty of fairway, well kept. They had a a lot of rain, so the rough was very soggy, but so much fairway it rarely played into. We played knowing they aerated the beginning of the week, but it wasn't an issue, outside of the greens being lightning fast.. Enjoyable course to play.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate us, u5181742. We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Club at Venetian Bay thanks you!

Good Day

It wasn't too bad. The down size is that the greens have been punched so putting will not go well. Sand traps are really bad. They haven't fixed them for a long time.

Commented on 09/25/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, golfonetwo. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/25/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Venetian Bay. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Punched greens

Didn’t know the greens were just aerated or I would have waited a couple of weeks. Fairways and ruff are lush.
For the amount of rain we have gotten, course is looking pretty good. Our group used the automatic two putt rule so our scores didn’t suffer.
Definitely put Venetian Bay on your list to play. Generous fairways and friendly staff.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Hi jspiegel. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Club at Venetian Bay.

4.1220235294