2.3
1 reviews

Type Resort/Private

Year Built 1991
Architect Robert Cupp Jr. (2002) Joe Lee (1991) Peter Jacobsen (2014) Jim Hardy (2014)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2016 #9) (2015 #17)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #16)

Entertaining Clients 8
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 7

This course is a challenging but fair course.

The Rookery is a beautiful course with a challenging but fair layout. It is always in very good condition and the staff there is very friendly and helpful. Love playing there.

Outstanding!!

My first visit to the Rookery and I'm Hooked! Challenging but fair if you select the right tees. Fantastic staff and amenities. The most advanced and feature packed GPS units I've seen. The course overall was in spectacular shape. Fast and true greens, great bunkers, wonderful tees, fairways and even the rough was in great shape. I'll be back!

Fun times on a beautiful course

I really enjoyed my round at this course. Was paired with a single from Miami (good comeback on last 2 holes if you read this) and a couple from New Jersey. Fun 4some. We had to wait out a big storm after 12 but just stayed under a shelter until it passed (2 lightning strikes VERY CLOSE) and then finished up. Course was in great shape and was lots of fun. Pretty challenging but fairways were fairly wide so it was pretty playable. Would love to play it again.

Loved this course. Would definitely play again. Only downside nothing to do with the course itself, were the 3 male golfers in front who were extremely slow players and would not let us through, hence the time for playing.

Good course for the money

Condition was above average! Greens rolled well. A fun place to play with lots of water, which takes a lot of concentration off the Tee.

Beautiful surroundings and GREAT golf!

The Rookery is a very challenging golf course with many water hazards severely penalizing the wayward hitter. The environment is breathtaking. Practice areas are very generous in space and maintained. In all a great golfing experience..

Bring your "A" game!

This course was spectacular. One of the most beautifully maintained, high quality facilities I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Staff was very friendly and conditions were incredible. HUGE, fast (10.5-11) greens. Pristine tees and fairways.
Having said that, I didn't enjoy my round nearly as much as I should have. If you're a mid-high handicapper, you're gonna struggle. Play from the golds- or even the reds!- and give yourself a CHANCE to have an enjoyable round. I hate to think how many bunkers (fairway & greenside) I hit out of... the course is littered with them. Not to mention plenty of water, as well. The ninth is the most challenging hole I think I've ever played, anywhere. Granted, it's always tougher playing a course for the first time (the GPS on the carts helps, but no replacement for "knowing" a course). Despite getting what I thought was an excellent deal for a round on a course of this caliber, I don't know if I'll be back enough to get to know this track. Maybe when I get my handicap down to single digits, and am craving a challenge!

Wonderful find.

Beautiful course with challenging holes in a welcoming environment.

It's a pretty good golf course

Very good golf course, it was very windy which made it tougher than what it is and is in very decent shape

Great course and area. From tee to green in excellent shape.

Nicely maintained course. Friendly helpful staff. Played as a single and joined another golfer at first hole. Played extremely fast 3 1/2 hours. Never waited as a few slower groups let us play through without hesitation. Enough water and bunkers to make interesting. Challenging yet ample fairways allow ample use of driver. Bunkers in great shape. Greens a little slower than anticipated but roll true and in great shape. Overall positive experience and would play again.

A hidden gem

My husband I really enjoyed our game at the Rookery. The course is a real hidden gem that we wished we'd played earlier. A good challenge for him (7 handicap) and for me off 19 of a wide variety of tees10/16. Greens in great condition and what fantastic finishing holes to both the front and back nines. We were met with a really friendly welcome that continued in the Pro Shop and in the restaurant.

The Rookery was a very enjoyable round.

One day in May a golfer played through my foursome, a quick chat with him on a tee, and he mentioned playing The Rookery. So thats how I got here, and I can say it was an excellent tip as I have played here twice and never regreted it for a minute. The course is pleasant to look at as the scenery is full of water fowl and various grasses and greenery. A Gator or 2 kept me from any ball tracking along the waters edge. A challenging course asking that some shots be long, and some be acurate. This course took strokes away but it gave an even amount of strokes back. Great water stations and restrooms and the turn at 10 lead to a great sandwich and a quick cool break from the sun. Wow! what a clubhouse, I wanted more time there but there was too much golf to play. The turf quality was Excellent that being from the Fairway to Green and Bunker to Rough. Its a must play for my friends and I on every trip now. Oh yeah, pass this on, its the way I got here to play.

poor management

We only played 6 holes! Bought the round on golfnow for a 1:40 tee time. We showed up at 1:05 and they were just giving instructions to a huge group that was going out for a shotgun start at 1:15. It was a tour bus full of golfers (I assume from the Marriott). Pro shop said, "no worries, at 1:40 you should be good to go". We caught them by the third hole. Took an hour to play the next three holes. Left the course. Utterly ridiculous.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.