Heron Creek Golf and Country Club

Year Built 2003
Architect Arthur Hills (1999) Arthur Hills (2003)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "Heron Creek Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire, Collared or mock shirts required, no jeans and etiquette required at all times

great coursw

This course is one of the best in the area by far. Course is in excellent shape great layout.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hello, Phil. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course!

The best golf course

Best golf course in a 50 mile radius! From the guard at main gate to the waiting staff checking you in. All were very pleasant. The golf course could not have been in better shape, cudo's to the superintendent. Fairways and greens were the best I've ever seen here. What a great improvement. Overall a very enjoyable and fun day for our for some!! Thank you Heron Creek for a great time.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hello, Phil. We are beyond happy to hear that you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers and we look forward to many good times ahead! We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the course. Please book another round with us again soon at Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course!

oaks were a very hilly course for this part of Florida. A challenge to hit shots below or above you foot level. Greens were large and rolling to test your putting skills.
Long drive from green to next tee. Level of difficulty pretty high for mediocre golfers.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate your recent round with us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We always aim for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback to continue to work on making the necessary improvements. Thank you for playing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Rained Out

Very wet course. Cart path only. got 9 holes in and the skies opened up. Pro shop told me to get refund from GolfNow. Golfnow has no phone number listed on their site. Found one searching internet and hold time was over 1 hr. Will be canceling golfnow.
Great course otherwise. Bag drop guy was one of the friendless people i;ve met.

Commented on 07/17/2019

don't fret-same thing happened to me. I was able to find correct # for GN after rain out at Waldorf on 7/7. They were super. Gave multiple $20.00 coupons good for Mon-Thur and good for a yr and Tay,or Made balls on the way for a 9 hole raincheck!

Commented on 07/15/2019

Hi PGIgolfer! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you back with us again soon!

Top condition

I have to say, that as far as local golf courses are concerned Heron Creek is a gem. That practice area is fantastic and so were the course conditions, fairways lush and greens ran true.
Love it, will come back!

Commented on 07/11/2019

Thank you for your review, Dominik. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beautiful Course with very friendly staff

One of the nicest courses I have played in SW Florida. I had a friend play with me that is a beginner. Explained to staff and they worked it out for us to play as a twosome with no one playing behind us. Everyone there was very nice and made him feel very welcome and even talked with him about some different club options and recommendations on where to buy clubs cheap.. Course was immaculate and the staff added to that by being so friendly.

great golf course!

fantastic golf course, beautifully laid out and sublime maintained. just a pity that the marshall wrongly spoke to us about the speed. When you play a golf course for the first time and spend 300 US dollars incl food and golf shop, you expect a different approach.

no further comments; nicest course we played during our vacation here in Florida.

Commented on 07/08/2019

Hi wierdabert. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review!

Very nice course however it rained most of the day

Commented on 06/06/2019

Hi, Thank you for the five-star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

Great courses, all 3 nines. Excellent shape. Tee boxes, fairways, greens, all good. Fantastic price and value as the off season rates begin.

We had lunch ( one of the days specials ) and draft beer and certain drinks were on special as well. Food was fresh and delicious.

The guard at the main gate is friendly and informative. He gave me a tip for getting the lovebugs ( insects) off my car. Dryer sheets in warm water!! Works great. Effortless and no scratches.

My only complaint, and this is with many golf courses, is the guys that swarm over you and the cart motioning that they are cleaning your clubs. A formality that I think should be retired. Most of them are friendly and I know this is part of their compensation. I usually give them $ to let me take care of my own clubs. That aside, everything else was excellent.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Hello, thank you for leaving such a fantastic review! We are glad to hear that the love bug tip help and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your round with us. Come back and see us again soon!

Great layout, awesome condition

This course is great. Always in excellent condition. Very fun layout with just the right amount of challenge. There are some big slopes and different levels to the greens, so hitting the wrong spot is very penalizing on some holes. Greens were perfect. Only downside was they were hosting a tourney that AM and we were forced to play the same 9 twice. Why doesn’t course warn you at booking? That was very disappointing.

Commented on 05/07/2019

Thank you for the fantastic review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such great feedback and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon.

Plays Twice a year
Commented on 05/02/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Heron Creek Golf & Country Club. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for reviewing us!

Constant slow pace of play

We love the course and the staff are typically very friendly. Fairways and Greens are always in good condition. However; the pace of play is the slowest we experience. We would like to play this course more but we do not like sleep w play with no participation by the marshals to move people on. They do drive around the course but never acknowledge pace of play. Members ‘own’ the course.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Thank you for the three star review. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. It was a very busy weekend for us and hope that you can understand that, we are always looking at ways to improve pace of play. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Always good

This course is in great shape now and always. One of the nicest courses you can play in the are.. if you haven't played there, you owe it to yourself to GOP. I wel be back for sure.

Commented on 04/23/2019

Hi, Thank you for the five star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! At Heron Creek Golf & Country Club we pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

The course is in wonderful condition, the bag drop gentlemen, pro shop staff, starter and the lady on the hospitality cart were all very nice. I have and will recommend Heron Creek to all.

Commented on 04/22/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

This course is in amazing condition. We have played other courses in the area and none compare to Heron Creek.

Commented on 04/19/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Top Notch Golf Course

One of my favorite area golf courses. Nice layout with consistent conditions.

Commented on 04/19/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020