Hombre Golf Club - The Good Course

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Tees

Bad Hombre 35 3129 yards N/A N/A
Blue 35 3061 yards N/A N/A
White 35 2927 yards N/A N/A
Yellow 35 2757 yards N/A N/A
Red 35 2505 yards N/A N/A

Editor's Note: The 'Good' nine closed for business. See Hombre Golf Club listing for current 18 holes open for play.

Hombre Golf Club offers 27 holes that can be played in three different 18-hole combinations. The Bad and the Ugly formed the original course when it opened in 1989, later joined by the Good in 2001. The Good nine is the shortest and most player friendly of the three golf courses. The layout is routed through a scenic landscape of wetlands, marshes, and lakes fringed with a palms trees, towering pines, and colorful azaleas. Water appears on several holes but the nine is overall straightforward and forgiving. With three different courses available and four sets of tees, golfers can play at the level of difficulty that best fits their handicap. Hombre is one of the Panama City Beach area's most popular courses and it also offers one of the best values.

Location is convenient to the city   Challenges include forced carries water hazards

"It was alright"

Headcoach17's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

As the head coach of an unsucessful football team, I need every chance I get to relax a little. At Hombre, it was an okay experience. The staff was eager to help, but I found the course to be in such a shape that it was not beneficial to my game. The sour course water heavily influenced the trajectory of my ball, encouraging more fades. After figuring this out, I was able to compensate. I saw 2 alligators.

"Disappointed"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2016

7/20/16 reconstruction in progress. Was asked to wait 20 minutes past tee time so locals could all start their 2nd round. Group behind us also localshit on top of us continously and we were having to wait as well. Be a good idea to wait till 2017 and give it another try.

"Greens need work"

BarbB59's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2015

We played the good course, I would rename it the bad course! The greens are so beat up we didn't even putt! Hit your long clubs here and forget about putting! Of the 3 golf courses we played in Panama City, this one was in the worst shape! However we did get a good deal on golf now so it was a fair price for a poor course! Don't pay too much here to play!

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 04/28/2015

We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at our course. We're resurfacing one 9 currently, and are working to improve upon the conditions for the entire facility. Please email us at hombreteetimes@outlook.com for a promotional code towards your next online round. Thank you again!

"Great course"

Nick9350173's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2015

The good course at the hombre is pretty difficult and not very forgiving if you have a miss swing on some holes! A couple of the holes are easy as long as you can keep your drives straight, if you have just a little slice you will be in a swamp or lake or thick brush!

Commented on 04/28/2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate all feedback, and look forward to seeing you back at the course!

"Course condition"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2015

Worst course that I played in Panama City Beach area. My wife and I were very disapointed . We were told how good it was supposed to be. Fairways very poor compared to other courses we played and the greens were terrible as they were air rated but we weren't told until we got to the first tee. We would rather play any of the other courses in the area. Holiday course puts hombre too shame.

Commented on 04/28/2015

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We're sorry that your expectations weren't met. We were undergoing some maintenance, and it should have been communicated properly. Please email us at hombreteetimes@outlook.com for a promotional code towards your next round. Thanks and we hope to see you back.

"nice course"

garryhughes's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I would recommend this course as a good place to play. Had fun and was partnered with interesting golfers

Commented on 03/18/2015

We're so glad you had a great time at our course! Please do visit us again this Spring and we can assure another great round! Thank you for your review.

"Played all three goo,bad and ugly not really impressed."

buddyourdog12345678's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2015

Very challenging course but way too expensive unless booking through golf now. Regular price should be not more than $35 including cart. Have played many much better courses in southern Texas and in Canada for less than $40 dollars at prime times. After 1PM in Texas prices drop to close to half regular price for 18 holes plus with a cart. Other than ponds and bunkers there are no other challenges, course is very flat and most times wet because it has poor drainage.

Commented on 03/01/2015

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We're sorry that the course did not meet you expectations. We're utilizing demand based pricing moving forward, so hope to provide greater value to our golfers. Please feel free to e-mail me at hombreteetimes@outlook.com to further discuss.

"Cannot Recommend"

jwmcc44's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

With the advertising I have seen for this course and the fact PGA qualifying has been held at Hombre I expected a great deal more from this course. I can understand no clubhouse due to renovations but I did not base my review on that factor.<br/> I have played many of courses and have yet to provide a negative feedback and not recommend a course as I take what one is getting for the dollar amount paid...this course was the poorest value I have played. $40 for a round here on this day can only be not recommended. it rained the night before which created a course that should not have even been open. We could not even ride up to 2 of the greens as the entire area, along with much of the course, was under 2-6 inches of water ---they have a serious drainage issue.<br/> Even the driving range was closed and after having played the course Good-Bad I cannot see it being in much better condition when dry. I felt the greens were not in great condition either.<br/> I can see how it could be a very nice test of golf if in top condition but I will not play this course again... there are much better values out there.<br/> I really wanted to like the course but the conditions really dissapointed me. The staff were very friendly and helpful

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Always a challenge. Loved it! Will definately play again."

Haweater's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Being Thanksgiving the course wasn't too busy....a great time to take one's time & concentrate. Fairways were good, water always a challenge and greens nice and short.

"This was my first time playing this course."

missionary's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

I had a great time on this course, everything from the staff's friendliness to course conditions. this was the first time i played here and used my golf now app. I probably would not have been able to play had it not been for the special deal on the app. I will recommend this course to anyone and will be back to play again.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Stay out of the sand. (lacking)"

steverk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Great place to play and if you have never played it try it for sure.

"Heat was the biggest problem"

KJSherry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2014

I am a very new golfer, only been playing for one year. Previous reviewer commented on the poor greens condition and I can see what he was talking about, the first three or four holes were in rough shape but the rest seemed fine. I played the Good course. In my limited experience I found the course very challenging but not so difficult as to not be very enjoyable. Biggest obstacle was the 90+ temperature and humidity and the course was a bit soggy from morning thunderstorms. I plan to play again today!

"Rough winter"

jackthegolfnut1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2014

Fairways just ok. Greens bad. Not much grass on greens

"Real UGLY"

Psanderson1865's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2014

Don't normally post but the review previous to mine 2 weeks ago onJune 3rd talked about "perfect greens"????? Are you kidding me??. Must have been a employee or owner. Far from perfect. 9:30 tee time for 95.00 on a Tuesday???? Arrived at tee box 1 at 9:15 and waited til 10:15 before we could tee off. It took us 3 hours to play "the bad" and 2 1/2 hours to play "the ugly". Staff and drink girls were great. Greens looked diseased, like a fungus is taking over, grounds crew continued to run weed eaters during play on a par 3, tee boxes were burnt and recently aerated. There are about 3 decent holes out there. Far from the "signature course" advertised. Best part of the day other than the coors lights was the 2 hotdog and a beer special for 5 bucks. If you can get in a Camp Creek, I highly recommend. Worth every penny over there.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Good Course - fun to play at good price"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2014

The course is a fair test for average golfers, at the time we went not many people on this side of the course

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Terrific!"

yooper2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Had a fantastic time. The day, the course, everything was perfect!!

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"A COURSE FOR EVERYONE"

FRANKPOPE's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

MY WIFE AND I PLAY AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. THE COURSE IS ALWAYS IN GREAT CONDITION EVEN AFTER HARD RAINS. USUALLY 90* BUT DOES NOT ADD TO THE DIFFICULTY. SOME OF THE NICEST STAFF YOU WILL EVER SEE. TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT.