Type Public/Municipal
Plantation Preserve Golf Course
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 2006
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2006)

Snacks

Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

Great private course

STAY AWAY beautiful wonderful course dont play here MO I want to keep this one a secret
Members only

Bad Customer Service

PLAYED WITH GROUP OF 16, SENT OUT BEHIND GROUP OF COURSE MEMBERS PLAYING A TOURNAMENT. FRONT 9 WAS THREE HOURS WAITED ON EVERY HOLE TO HIT TO GREEN AS MEMBERSHIP TOOK FOREVER ON GREEN TO PUTT. THEY SAW US WAITING ON EVERY HOLE AND MADE NO ATTEMPT TO KEEP UP WITH GROUP IN FRONT. PRO SHOP SENT US A BOGUS MESSAGE ON CART GPS ADVISING GROUP WAS ADVISED OF THEIR SLOW PACE AND THAT WE SHOULD CONTINUE TO KEEP UP. AFTER 12 HOLES CALLED PRO SHOP AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND SOMEONE OUT TO TAKE CARE OF SLOWPOKES. SAW THE RANGER ON 13 TEE AND ASKED HIM IF HE ADVISED GROUP TO SPEED UPHIS REPLY WAS, NOTHING SAID TO GROUP BECAUSE THEY WERE MEMBERS PLAYING IN TOURNAMENT. ONE OF THEM WORKED IN PRO SHOP AND THEY ALL SHOULD KNOW BETTER BUT HE WAS NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING
AFTER FINISHING ROUND OUR GROUP OF 16 HAD NO WHERE TO SIT INSIDE CLUB HOUSE BECAUSE SLOWPOKE MEMBERS WERE HAVING AWARDS FUNCTION AND OTHER HALF OF CLUBHOUSE WAS HOSTING PRIVATE PARTY

THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING OUR $1600 GREEN FEE BUT WILL NOT GIVE US ANY ACCOMODATIONS. MANY NICE COURSES IN AREA WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS ILK AGAIN

Would definitely recommend

The course was challenging but fair with multiple tee boxes. The greens were true. Will definitely play again next year.

Great Course - One Blemish: Bunkers

One of my favorite courses in SFL. Beautiful layout, Playable, on the ample side, lots of somewhat challenging water, several nature areas.

Conditions are usually almost excellent, but there were some unusual hiccups: Range hitting area and Tees #2 being rebuilt, Fairways had punches and grooves; both acceptable as it's proper keeping. However there is an out of character problem with the bunkers, they have become hard as concrete, to the point that it's very difficult to impossible to hit under the balls.

This is a situation that requires urgent attention so that this jewel stays as good as we are use to.

Would be great if walking was allowed, even at w/cart rates. Both comparable Miami Beach and Normandy Shores do allow it

1st class

Our foursome loved this course.From the minute we arrived we had a very pleasant experience.,we will be back

Beautiful, fun course

This was our second time playing Plantation. We played the same time last year. This has joined Jacaranda as a must play in the area. The staff are very friendly (they even helped us get coffee before our 7am tee off time). The course is in great condition. The greens were a little sandy and slow. We played in a consistent 35km/h wind and the course was still a lot of fun. We will be back.

Used to be in better shape, still decent

Played this course a lot in the past, but not for a few years. In 2015, when I played it last, I noticed it appeared to be gently going down hill condition wise - it's slightly more downhill since then.

Still a nice layout, still decent shape, but it's not what it once was.

I used to prefer the condition and the test of golf that Jacaranda East provided - but preferred the layout of plantation.

Haven't played Jacaranda in several years either, so can't compare them as they are now.

Plantation still a top course in South Florida, just no longer great - simply good.

If they ever start looking after the course more (which judging by the price of the tee times, and how much play it gets - not sure why they cant) it'll get back to being great.

Think its perhaps being mismanaged currently.

GREAT COURSE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I booked a 10:15 tee time for my usual foursome. We are South Florida Primier Card holders with double digits handicaps so on the average it takes us about 4 hours to complete 18 holes of golf. Considering that, one member of the group is a female 25 handicapper, and we usually playied split tees, I believe we are not doing too badly.

My foursome was on the 4th hole and about 25 minutes into the round when we stopped to get drinks and ice from the beverage cart when the ranger drove up and ordered us to pick up the pace. We pointed out that there was a twosome a hole ahead of us and another 2 holes behind us. Ranger guy said he didn't care the timer on the GPS said we were 5 minutes behind.

Thereafter he kept surveilling us as if he was stalking us. The obvious pressure started taking a toll on our game. Finally on hole number six I walked over to him and started that his attitude on an empty course was overly intimidating and that it made us feelunwelcomed. He said we were behind on the clock and that the pace of play as dictated by the clock was fully enforced. At this point we expressed our displesure and asked if we could be refunded. He radioed the pro shop that we were requesting a refund because we refused to keep pace.

Back at the pro shop we were told by the staff that basically it was a pleasure honoring our request for a refund. We walked outside and the lady on the beverage cart pulled in complaining that it was dead out there. The golf cart attendant chuckled and said well what do you think? The Dolphins are playing and there is a guy named Tiger who is about to win. I shook my head in disbelief at what was happening.

We called Inverrary Golf and Country Club and was told to come on over. We were greeted by a very friendly staff on our arrival and was surprised that he actually called me by my name. We finished the round on the West Course and arrived in the club house inI time to see Tiger playing hole 15.
KUDOS INVERRARY.

overall 2 thumbs up.

It’s a well manicured track. It has a challenging layout. Greens are pretty well kept. Semi private. On the pricier side. Around 30 minutes away from FLL Airport. Overall definitely recommend taking it on.

A must play in this area

Played this course with friends and we really love it here. Friendly staff and very nice conditions on the course. Will be back!

Beautiful course

This was a great course. It had enough to make you think your way around it. A few forced carries, dog legs and tiered greens made a fun challenge. The conditions were pristine and the greens rolled great (if a shade slow). Sitting at the 19th hole watching people attempt to make a second shot to the island green was great. Only complaint was they didn't have somewhere to get a coffee and muffin before our tee off time. A must play in the area.

If you are in this area a great course to play

Wide fairways greens were in good shape. I had no complaints about the course

best public course in FLL

rain delay after 9but great drainage ...well kept ..chill vibe...my local fave!

Although a little wet the course is still in great condition

Staff is very friendly.
Will definitely recommend.

GREAT condtion

Best public course in FLL. Even after Irma, looks and plays great. Lots of sand, but not super long or unfair.

Davie, Florida