Type Resort/Private
Style Links

The Superclubs Golf Club at the Runaway Bay Resort features a convenient tunnel that leads from the resort to the 18-hole, championship course. The golf course is a formidable challenge with long rolling fairways and large greens that are both guarded by sand bunkers and grassy mounds. Winds are definitely a factor, sometimes reaching speeds of up to 35 miles an hour. Players of all skill levels and abilities can enjoy this golf course and its scenic views. The Superclubs Golf Club at Runaway Bay is also home to a golf school with a 10-bay golf range, large practice green, and chipping area.

Year Built 1960
Architect John Harris (1960)

Carts Yes - $25, 1 person/$35, 2 persons on cart
Clubs Yes - $40

Caddies Yes - $17, per person walking/$25, 2 persons on cart
Golf School Academy Yes - Monday to Saturday, 9 am - 12 pm

Credit Cards Accepted Most credit cards accepted
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Good Design

I played with my Dad as our family was vacationing at the resort across the street. We were there in the middle of August so the course was all burnt out, but I think that if I played again in the winter when it is nice down there, it would have been much more enjoyable. The course had a very interesting design with the challengeing dog-legs both left and right and the positioning of the sand traps. I rented clubs but didn't get to choose which ones I wanted, when returning the clubs I noticed that they had two types of clubs, Titleist and Cobra. I would have preferred to bring my own, because I like using clubs I am use to, so I think I will bring my own next time I go golfing at a resort. The caddy was incredibly kind and seemed to know the course really well, he knew the distance from the whole off the top of his head and told us the exact spot to aim our putt on the green. One other little thing I wanted to mention was that the carts were not electronic, but gas powered. This bothered me just a little bit, because I am use to electric carts, so the noise bothered me a little bit. Overall I recommend this course for anyone out there thinking of coming to Jamaica and wanting to play golf, but I suggest playing in the winter over the summer.

Rio Bueno, Trelawny
Ocho Rios, Saint Ann

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900