View of a green at Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club

Heritage Isles is a scenic course that cut through native cypress heads and natural wetland areas. At 6,976 yards from the tips, it is one of the most demanding public golf courses in the Bay area. While water does come into play on all 18 holes the premium has been put on the short game. With large, meticulously maintained greens, those players who are handy on the putting surface should be able to shave a few strokes off their scores.

Heritage Isles Golf & Country Club

Year Built 2000
Architect Gordon G. Lewis (2000) Jed Azinger (2000)

Pull-carts No

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Traditional golf attire, including collared shirts; no denim or cut-off shorts are allowed

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Sauna, Showers, Locker Rooms

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis, Basketball

19th Hole Specials 12

Always one of the best in Tampa Bay. A few wet spots , but did not affect play.

Solid Course

I have played the course many times. The conditions right now are pretty good. Sand traps need lots of work. Some are unplayable. Greens are slow but true. I played all lies on the fairways. Pace of play is good.

Commented on 09/26/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

TO WET

I don’t know how many inches of rain we’ve had in the last week but I can assure you the course did not need to have the sprinklers on. Yes, the course was being watered when I pulled up. If your inside 60 yards good luck trying to hit a wedge or finding a dry spot on the tee boxes. Not very enjoyable!!!

STOP WATERING THE COURSE!!!!

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hello, Donald2645516. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future when things dry up a bit.

Wet round

The course was very wet from rain the previous day.

Too wet to play

Showed up to play with my two sons today. I did not know They only had the front 9 open. Not noted when booked on GN. It was also cart path only.
The starter was not very nice as his only words were that he would be checking our tires for grass clippings since it was cart path only.
The course was so wet it should have been closed.
We stopped after 9 because conditions were so bad.
The greens had also been aerated this week so very bumpy and slow.
I have played this course many times but it needs to dry out before I will be back.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello, Ronthreadgill. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club!

I like this course, has a lot of fun challenging holes. I like the front better than the back. The conditions were good and however the greens were a little shaggy. We did get rained out after 15 holes as the course lays East if Interstate 75 and is victim to afternoon thunderstorms in the summer months. The ranger was out and checking on phase of play all day. Definitely worth the cost and the challenge. If you haven’t played it give it a whirl.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Hi Scott. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We love the whole course, but we agree the front sure is a blast Thank you for playing Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club.

Very clean. This is definitely a strategy approach golf course. Would be really tough for someone that plays 2-3 times a year. You have to know clubs on this course.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u111726346! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing us. Like you said bring your "A game" when playing Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club!

Great shape

This may be the best shape I’ve ever seen it and I used to live there. Greens were a little slow. Excellent time, played in about 4 hours on a Saturday morning. The ranger came around about 4 times to check on the pace of play with our group.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club.

Nice course good condition

This course is a regular on our rotation. Conditions have never disappointed. They get a lot of play, so pace is sometimes slow, but after a long work week, enjoy a bit of extra time relaxing so no biggie. Not much interaction with staff these days, but all seem friendly and attentive. Need to concentrate on almost all tee shots with approach shots more straightforward. Yardage between blues and whites only noticeable on a few holes. Greens in good shape and roll true and at a good pace. Most holes are lined with homes which takes a bit away from aesthetics.

Commented on 08/05/2020

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club.

I almost hate to say this but the course is in great shape as usual. I hate to say this because more people will golf there! The greens were a little slow but a good golf courses will let them grow a little high in the summer so they will get better for the winter.

Commented on 08/05/2020

Cut the greens and we’d pay double

Great layout and in good shape- Greens are just too slow and hairy.

Always a joy to play

Heritage Isle s is one of my favorite golf courses in the Tampa area. I live in Central New York, but come down to South Tampa to visit my two sons for about a month and a half. Mostly down here to play golf. I come down in the summer because I love the heat and more importantly the cheap summer golf rates. especially in the afternoons. As for heritage Isle, always in great condition from tee through greens. Greens are excellent, but a bit on the slow side. Overall a really fun experience as always. Would easily strongly recommend this course for both conditions and price.

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club!

Great course, slow play.

Not the management’s fault but a ranger would help.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

3.5672058824