Style Links

The Cinnamon Hill Course at the Rose Hall Resort and Spa is situated on what used to be a large sugar plantation. Jamaica's past history is still present throughout the golf course in the form of graveyards and ruins of old homes. One of these homes, which can be seen from the second hole of the golf course, is the historic former house of Annie Palmer who was called the "White Witch of Rose Hall." The golf course's layout begins fairly open but gradually moves into the lower elevations of the Blue Mountains, where there is dense foliage guarding the fairways. The Cinnamon Hill Course at Rose Hall is not only popular for its lush landscape filled with historical sights, but also for its challenging game.

Year Built 1969
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) H. C. Smedley (1969)

Caddies Yes - included

Credit Cards Accepted Most credit cards accepted
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Walking Allowed No

Beautiful course! Excellent caddie!!

Course is beautiful with awesome views of the ocean! We did get a discount rate with Teeoff, but I do believe there were a few available on Golf Now my usual choice! The normal rate is pricey and they do require a caddie for a fee of $30 for the two of us. Of course a tip is given as well as much as you feel is appropriate for the service you received. I had never played with a caddie before and I was pleasantly surprised! We were lucky to get Mario and I would highly recommend him!!!! He not only told us all the required distances and where to aim on the greens, but he hustled to get to our balls, retrieve lost balls if he could, wipe down our clubs and balls as needed and he was even handing me club recommendations based on how he saw me playing with other tips as well. First time out since November and I got my best score ever!! We played the course next door, White Witch, two days later, also really beautiful course (a little harder) but caddie experience was not as excellent as Mario!!

Tougher than it looks

So I played the course in July which is probably not the best time of year. It was somewhat burnt conditions, the greens looked slow but definitely are not, they are fast.
When I drove up the course looks wide open and easy, I was wrong on that too. The front is quite open but 20mph winds make it much more difficult. The back is super hard! 10 is an easy down hill, 11 is one of the most difficult greens you will putt. You are dead if you are above the hole.
Significant elevation changes on all holes on the back except 18 which is an easier par 5. Johnny Cash has a house on 14, it’s a museum now which is quite cool.
This course is much better that I initially thought. I played it 4 days in a row and really enjoyed it. A couple points.
- I got a tee time at 11, I was early (945) and the clubhouse guy said, pay me $35 and you can go now or you will wait until 11. The course was empty, that was really not cool.
- My caddie was named Garnett and he was excellent. I had him all 3 days and I would highly recommend.
- I’m typically quite straight with my shots and I lost a couple balls on the back. Be prepared.
Liked the course a lot.

Amazing Course!

I played Cinnamon Hill and two other rose hall courses with some friends while on vacation at Half Moon in Montego Bay.

This is one of the best courses that I have ever played. By far the best course that we played while in Jamaica. It was very clear that the course was dry as many spots were turning or had already turned brown. But it was the best playing course that we played during the trip.

The greens were the truest of the 3 courses we played. They were visibly dry in some areas which was no problem for us since they were the smoothest, fastest and truest of the 3 golf courses. When you hit the putt on the caddie line it went exactly where it should. Only course in jamaica we can say that for. Our caddies were amazing which helped out a lot.

The front 9 has some beautiful holes that take you right up to the ocean and along some old ruins. The back nine takes you in to the hills and mountains and has many breathtaking views. There is even a house that was owned by Johnny Cash on the property and a beautiful great house of the white witch right beside it.

The only down side to the day was the lady at the bar was a little bit rude and snappy with our group.

If anyone is going to be in Montego Bay Jamaica and wants to golf you should definitely play this course. Best in Jamaica.

Thank you to everyone at cinnamon hill for a great trip and great golf.

Just ok, and not worth it

Course conditions are average, greens are slow, and spotty. Also, pro shop tries banging you an extra $50 if you book online. Just not worth the money, especially when you have several better options right down the street

Two beautiful but different nine's

This course was awesome. The front nine runs alongside the beach with a couple holes right on the water, while the back side is like playing in a rain forest. Some amazing views, loved our caddie. Would definitely play again!

Play Cinnamon Hill twice to appreciate it

Back-to-back days of playing Cinnamon Hill gave me a deep appreciation for what a shot-maker's course this is. Playing in the "Annie's Revenge" Pro-Am, I had a front row seat to how a club pro, a five-handicap birdie machine, a 10-handicap (me and my other partner) and a woman navigate the course. The low handicappers would attack the really cool finishing par 5s at no. 17 and no. 18, while the rest of us struggled to handle their hazards. The par 3s over the ponds (no. 4 and no. 15) are scarier than they look. The two ocean holes, the tough par-4 fifth and the par-3 sixth, add beauty and variety to the hilly jungle holes of the back nine. Golfers in the pro-am were torn about which course is better: Cinnamon Hill or White Witch. After struggling badly on Cinnamon Hill the first day, the White Witch was my undisputed king. After the second round, where I played better because I better understood how to play each hole, it's now almost too close to call. Both are a Caribbean treat.

Montego Bay, Saint James
Montego Bay, Saint James

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.