Type Public/Resort
The Champion Turf Club at St. James

Year Built 2000

Golf School Academy Yes - "St. James Golf Academy"

Bar

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #23)

Getting Better

Haven't played here for +/- one year, work is being done on the course, the sand traps are now have sufficient sand, the fairways are in need of TLC but with the excess rain we have received recently it is expected. Overall the golf course is headed in the right direction and we will soon visit here again.

Very nice course

I enjoy playing this course. Nice layout and greens roll nice

This course has great sand traps

Despite being wet for months in the area, the course is in pretty good condition. The layout is interesting and challenging as is the variety of tee boxes available. The practice facility is excellent and large. The greens are in great shape too. We had a great day today.

Drainage problems

They need to address the drainages in several areas. They can be helped. The course has been somewhat neglected

Lay out

The course is in very good shape , the green are fast . Love to play there

Plays Twice a year
Commented on 11/10/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, John2632840. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hi u246061897. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Champion Turf Club at St. James. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/28/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, dman1. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

MUDDY

They did alot of work to the course and looks like they did more damage than good. Should have spent the time repairing obvious drainage issues to this course. Tee boxes are a mess as well as the putting greens. Should have remained closed until ALL repairs were made or simply never had done anything in the first place. Course should rebound hopefully in a month as long as they keep golf carts off of it.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. We do want to point out that all golfers were notified with a warning prior to their bookings, as well as any golfer calling into the pro shop. Unfortunately, we dealt with torrential rains prior to the cleanup of a construction site which led to delays in the cleanup process. We are scheduled to be open and in excellent shape in the coming weeks as the weather allows. Thank you for playing The Champion Turf Club at St. James. We hope to see you again soon!

Give it time to dry.

Way to wet to be open, should’ve kept it closed and waited. The tee boxes were not trimmed and saturated. Basically teeing off in mud. In fact all parts of the course were saturated, lost more balls then I expected due to being plugged and not able to find even in the fairway. I’ll definitely return but not right now.

Needs more time

Looks like they might have done more damage than good since being closed. Probably should have remained closed until repairs could have been completed. Once its all completed then it will be a good course again.

Hut Down

Set the tee time up 3 days in advance. We arrived to find the course was closed. Could have told us on the phone before we took a 40 minute drive to get there.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Hello, u270751268. Thanks for the review. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (772) 336-4653. Thank you for playing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Closed for renovations

My wife and I have played this course before and it’s a great course! However, we booked a tee time on GolfNow, drove 45 minutes, and it was closed for renovations

Commented on 10/08/2020

Hi georgeperlin. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (772) 336-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

Not open

I booked the tee time the night before and when I came in the course was closed. Called the pro shop and no answer.

Commented on 10/08/2020

Hi, u000004588341. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Commented on 10/08/2020

nelson428, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (772) 336-4653. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Inviting staff

I really have a lot of fun at this course. It is affordable and the course layout is not intimidating even though it is challenging for my game. The staff is always friendly, especially the lady who checks me in. She always greets me with a welcoming hello, which sets me off on the right foot to have a good day on the course. I will recommend playing here to my friends.
-B.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi u314160651827. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (772) 336-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

Commented on 08/19/2020

I tell it like it is. If you don't like it tough. A review is a review good or bad. I play there sometimes 3 times a week and feel free to say hi when I'm there. I can give you my next review straight to you

Fort Pierce, Florida