BlackHorse Golf Club - North Course

BlackHorse Golf Club - North
Big Jake 72 7301 yards 75.0 135
Scorecard for North
Big Jake M: 75.0/135 465 211 548 420 419 179 413 522 425 3602 457 545 441 436 159 462 214 439 546 3699 7301
Black M: 74.0/131 437 192 525 409 419 173 379 522 425 3481 439 545 433 399 159 456 206 429 528 3594 7075
Blue M: 72.0/128 400 175 499 381 392 160 360 503 407 3277 413 510 410 373 137 436 186 396 477 3338 6615
White M: 69.8/121 395 145 488 352 377 147 343 462 371 3080 392 463 365 359 137 417 162 385 439 3119 6199
Red M: 67.2/115 W: 72.7/132 343 117 439 321 349 138 311 423 326 2767 377 430 347 316 107 383 140 348 425 2873 5640
Green W: 69.6/121 322 93 400 284 302 99 282 391 314 2487 349 420 291 283 72 349 98 316 400 2578 5065

Year Built 2000
Fairways TifSport
Greens TifEagle
Architect Jacobsen Hardy (2000)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Texas (2015 #24)

Windy Day at BlackHorse

A lot of good things, my review observation would be if I was paying full price - the course is over priced and many areas of the course need ground work.

Black horse golf course

I love this course- it’s always in good condition and the staff are so friendly..

Practice

Very nice course some nice challenges on the front nine then get a break on back nine. Enjoyed the day

Jan. 11 golf

The course was in excellent shape, greens well managed and fast. This made for a wonderful day of golf for a novice golfer.

Blackhourse

I played the north side today. The course is finally off cart paths except for 3 holes. The course is very wet from all the rain we have had in Houston. The course needs a lot of dry out time. But other than that, the course is in good shape.

Visit

2nd time for me - just passing through Houston. Fairway has too many soggy patches.

to Wet to play!

I love this course ! Today was cart path and a few hole was a 150 yard mark as it was to wet..should have played $30 to play.”(

Lost

Course in good winter condition. Just wish my game was. Club house & driving range well stocked. Greens little bumpy but in good condition. Will play again when I find some control of my ball again.

My first time player

Course was fun to play but I have never played in wind like that.....and I just got back from playing in Scotland....

Played in a tournament so pace of play was slower then usual. North course is nice but not as challenging as the South. Front nice is the better and more scenic of the two. Course was in good shape but they are starting to price themselves out play for the average golfer. Need to rethink their green fees.

Disappointed

Golfed Friday morning the day after thanksgiving. Course was soaked and it was cart path only but when I made my reservation which was $109/person there was no mention of this being cart path only, if there was I would have booked elsewhere because I was with my grandpa and it is hard for him to walk all around the course. As course was soaked, you would think $109 would at least get you a towel and some ice.. we didn’t get either and had to deal with dirty clubs and balls. Very disappointed in Black Horse

Response from BlackHorse Golf Club on 01/02/2019:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, BlackHorse Golf Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we sincerely apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements in the course and your overall experience the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, we hope to earn your business again soon.

Overcrowded golf course

The Hott deal I purchased online was worth the value to play the course but I will not be paying full price $85+ for this course. Let me first say that the staff is extremely amazing and great customer service. Tough was thick and very hard to play or just lose a ball. I went the day 2 tournaments were playing so the entire course was backed up. Then the staff let four twosomes tee off which backed up the course even more. The staff tried to accomidate and let us play the south course to finish out back nine but caught even more traffic. Almost a 6 hour round. Not sure if it was the tournament or the regular crowd but all greens had I repaired divot marks and players dragging their feet.

Response from BlackHorse Golf Club - North on 10/24/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at BlackHorse Golf Club - North. We appreciate the 3 star review but are sorry to see that pace of play may have been slow due to the tournament during your round with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we hope to see you again soon.

Nice course, but pace of play was terrible.

Course was in good shape, but the pace of play pretty much ruined the experience. We ended up skipping a hole and going around one group only to get behind another slow group. Definitely not worth the price when you have to wait 5 minutes before every shot.

Response from BlackHorse Golf Club - North on 10/24/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, BlackHorse Golf Club - North. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to pace of play. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards making the necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Play south course if you can .

Nice day of golf . This was my second time on blackhorse golf course and my first time on the north course . I definitely prefer the south course , no sand in the bunkers , quiet noisy due to the main road close by .

But the course in general is nice to play . I’ll come back !

Excellent course!

The course is in excellent shape. Very challenging. This would be very tough for a beginner.

Rain

Rain before play and still 90 degree. Course in best shape ever!!! Perfect day of golf especially with the GN hot deal.

Challenging course, never pushed by players behind us, wish my score was a little better.

Both the north and south courses are great. It’s a good test of your game for sure. The back 9 of the south course is one of the best in houston.

I’m

Excellent player's course

A course with a few challenges without being overly difficult. Positioning is key to lower scoring. North Course is less challenging than the South Course. Great practice areas, with putting areas next to the 1st tees on both courses.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019