Lexington Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Architect Gordon Lewis (2000)

Carts Yes - $15

Golf School Academy Yes - "Lexington Oaks Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper attire is required. No denim allowed.

great day

HAD A GREAT DAY new greens that have been reshaped course is in outstanding condition best in years good challenge and a friendly staff

Great Course! Will definitely be back!

Great course, very friendly staff!
The oourse is in great shape and the greens are awesome!
Stayed for dinner and had the Salmon salad! Best I have ever had!

Beautiful Course and Excellent Food

I really enjoyed playing this course, The greens are brand new and in great shape. Had dinner after round of golf and the Salmon Salad is the best I've had!!

It was my first time playing and will play again to determine if areas of concern were temporary. Great service and very friendly staff. Each hole was unique and distance was fair for all levels.

Lexington Oaks

First time playing since all of the course renovations were done. Was thoroughly disappointed!!!! Fairways were the worse I have seen at Lexington Oaks in the 15 years that I have been in Florida. Counter staff was excellent but there was no starter to control grouping of players. Can’t believe they were closed all summer for the course to be in this condition. Hopefully they will get it back to the level it was.

Raw review

I live in Tampa play all around , never play here, so let’s do the normal check list.
Golf range. Check
Putting green: check

Golf course:
Fairways, they need to cut the grass, you are in the middle of the fairway and your ball is either in the clump if not grass, or half way down in the grass, is as if they just let anything grow in the fairways, I get it is not TPC Tampa , but common!

Greens: are great..! Do not get fooled, if you go at the flag you would be over the green, so choose your shot correctly.

Tee boxes, over grown, just like the fairways just mow then.

Water hazards:
Yes there are but unless you flip the score card, or look in the tee box, they are there, on the total yards indicator., that is on me I should have pay attention.

Pace of play:
Wasn’t so good, the course is short so the driver only came out twice, since there were people waiting behind us to tee off and the hole is only 280yards, so I had to use my 5 and 3 iron most of the round.
Not fun to play when you feel as if you are rush off the tee.

Look these is my opinion and experience yours might be a better one .

I ask my group if it was worthy going back, it was a solid NO., thus very sure we are not going back.

I personally like to give a place a golf course a few more chances, so I might find my way back in the near future..

Not disappointed

First, was happy to see that the new cards were all in use. The tease fairways and greens are all in great shape, although the greens were a little slow.

Very happy to see Lexington Oaks back in the shape are used to be. A fun round Had a great price, hot deal, and will definitely play again

Four Stars? NO WAY!

This is definitely not a 4 star course! Fairways loaded with goose grass so high you couldn't find your ball.
Calling the fairways rough would be a compliment.
My son and I are both single digit handicappers and we never had to fix a ball mark on the greens? They somehow were extremely hard and very difficult to hold
although every tee shot plugged or ended up as a mud ball! Very disappointed! We will not play this course again.

Leagues more important to them

Played there three times tried to get on four other times for 9 and have been turned out three times and the office had closed by 5 on the other
Not for anyone but the locals and the leagues
In fact family members and myself have been verbally accosted by league members
I understand the financial impact but when all you want to do is get in 9 holes this is just not worth the frustration

Keeps getting better

This is one of our favorite courses in the area. We play here about once a week and always enjoy our round. Each week we see improvement in the course conditions. The fairways are filling in nicely and the greens are getting faster. Pace of play was great as we never saw anyone else on the course.

Potential is There to be GREAT

We were long awaiting the reopening of Lexington Oaks and we were not disappointed! The new greens are gorgeous but 'bounce
y' and the pace of play quite slow when we got to about the 7th hole. While there was no one behind us the entire round, the big group ahead of us caused us and the 3-some ahead of us quite a delay. This was likely a product of scheduling. Had we started a half hour later all would have been fine.

WoWzer.....Great day of golf

A group of 11 golfers played with 3 early Tee Times. Booked directly w/Norm ? Over the phone,very courteous

This course has some real interesting holes. All 4 par 3's are a challenge. There are 5 doglegs that are both interesting as well as decieving. One must position your drive just right. All tees and fairways were well groomed. The bunkers were all raked and sufficient sand.
But it was the Greens that impressed all of us. They were flawless and cut properly.. There were several tiered greens on the back 9 that posed additional challenges. The course was busy. We finished I 4 hours & 5 minutes
Most of the group had lunch that was far better than one expects at a golf course. The menu choices was vast. The presentation of food was over the top. Sandwiches and Fry's arrived HOT along with cloth napkins and real silverware.

The group intends to return again soon.

Awesome Course , greater Staff

Played course on Friday for practice for a tournament on Sat. Course was in great shape. Greens are very healthy and overall so is the entire course. Best I have seen the course in many years. I do want to take a minute and thank that staff. We have a tournament there on Sat afternoon and the staff went above and beyond with everything. Had a great time. Cannot wait to go back and play the course again.

Slow Play

Play was very slow with a threesome & foursome of ladies in front of me. Although they could see that I was a single player, playing quicker than them & was asked if I could play through, they refused. On the back nine, it became worse...they combined their groups...no Starter/Marshall on course to monitor play.
Greens are in excellent condition, all tee boxes except three were in good shape, some fairways were sparse in places due to the drainage work that was done in the past but overall they were good.
Enjoyed the course, just not the inconsiderate players on this day .

One of favorite courses in the area. Greens rolling nice and fairways improving. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Always a fun round!

Great Local Course

This course was in excellent condition compared to other courses in the area. Finished the round in under 3 hours.

Love The Course

Nice wide fairways. Greens are true. Fairways good. What’s not to like? Pick your tees and Grip it & Rip it!

Land O Lakes, Florida
San Antonio, Florida
Land O Lakes, Florida
Tampa, Florida
Tampa, Florida
Zephyrhills, Florida
Lutz, Florida

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.