Lexington Oaks Golf Club

Lexington Oaks Golf Club
Scorecard for Lexington Oaks
Black M: 72.5/136 383 226 381 539 211 534 369 374 369 3386 354 425 297 134 592 393 367 208 490 3260 6646
Blue M: 69.6/126 374 203 341 503 167 490 336 356 313 3083 334 403 273 123 511 351 343 189 463 2990 6073
White M: 67.2/123 325 161 318 484 153 457 304 329 287 2818 308 370 246 111 502 328 325 166 443 2799 5617
Gold M: 64.4/111 W: 69.8/114 309 148 298 428 128 406 273 265 256 2511 285 337 224 101 479 299 287 147 391 2550 5061
Red W: 66.1/104 286 127 268 403 100 401 249 248 242 2324 262 312 193 93 350 245 265 110 271 2101 4425

Year Built 2000
Architect Gordon Lewis (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Lexington Oaks Golf Academy"

perfect day

everything was great from the first moment we got there till we left !!!!!!

Poor service.

The course is under new management and had a difficult time keeping up with the golf cart demand. By noon they were having carts run out of power and had to be replaced on the course. They also had no control over the pace of play. There was a twosome playing in front of us and they always hit 2 balls each, off the tee, on the fairway and even on the green. We called the pro-shop twice and they never sent a ranger out. We finally spoke to the two-some in a professional manner and they became agitated and verbally abusive. We called the pro-shop again to advise that the situation was escalating and they finally sent someone out to speak to the twosome. To no avail since they went right back to what they were doing as soon as the ranger left. The ranger also never came back out to see if the situation was resolved. Will never play here again. It took us, also a twosome, 5 hours to finish the 18 holes. Due to the lack of control of the pace of play and equipment failures I have no choice but to rate this course as poor.

Commented On 11/13/2018

Hi Franklin8900389, You are correct Lexington Oaks is under new ownership, the change was made roughly about 7 weeks ago. We are sorry to hear that you had unpleasant round at our course. The owner is aware of the cart situation, and as soon as he was made aware he placed an order for an entire new fleet. They should be arriving sometime this week. In regards to pace of play and the twosome. We apologize that we didn't handle that situation better, but I can let you know that since we will no longer be having any cart issues our ranger/starter can be more attentive to the pace play on the course rather than helping swap out malfunctioning carts. We would love to have you back out to the course. Just email our Head of Golf Operations Lewis McIntosh (ltm5893@gmail.com) or call and ask for him and he will take care of you.

Hidden Gems

Very interesting course. Not particularly long but still required a good short game to score well. It was in very good shape for this time of year; greens were firm but fair and putts ran true. Back nine had some truly challenging holes, especially 17 and 18 where accuracy off the tee was essential. Enjoyed being able to play quickly. Very good value for the price. Will definitely play here again.

Nice course. Need new carts!

Played the course for the first time. Course was in good shape overall. It does have some challenging and interesting holes, but also has quite a few holes with very generous landing areas off the tee. The greens were in decent shape, but had a lot of debris on them, and the guy blowing them stayed behind us instead of going through us and cleaning them ahead of us.

The biggest negative was their carts. The first cart we had started losing power around the 7th hole. We limped in on it at the turn, told the cart guy about the problem, and he told us which other cart to swap it for. That cart started balking by the time we got to the #10 green. On the approach to #14 we called the pro shop and the girl who answered said that they would send another one out to us. We drove up to the #14 green, putted out, and waited. No one showed. So we decided to go on to #15, thinking they would catch up to us and give us a fully juiced cart. No one came...ever. We were able to keep going, but sometimes had to push the cart on uphill runs. Somehow we managed to finish the round, and the cart totally died when we got it back to the cart return line.

They need to either get new carts, or make sure the carts are fully charged before they’re sent out. Also, if they tell you they’re going to bring a fresh cart out to you, they need to do it, and whoever is in charge at the pro shop should make sure it gets done.

The cart issue put a big damper on an otherwise pleasant round of golf. We will probably go back sometime (it was a 70 mile drive for me), but Incant recommend the course until they resolve their cart issues.

Commented On 11/13/2018

We apologize about the cart issues. We are in a change of ownership, and as soon as the new owner was aware of the cart situation, he placed an order for a new fleet of EZGO carts. We are expecting the carts to arrive sometime this week.

Greens are perfect!

First time playing this track. Stayed away because of poor reviews from earlier this year. Whatever was wrong before certainly didn’t show today. Tee boxes good, fairways great, greens perfect. Interesting layout with some very tough holes and very easy, somewhat boring ones as well. But nothing unfair. The only complaint I have and why it’s 4 stars is because of the ancient carts. Apparently they have voltage problems (staff is aware, they say it’s not a charging issue) where they have trouble going uphill. Had to switch out after 9 because we literally had to push it up the hill on #9. Fix the cart issues and it’s a 5 star review.

Commented On 10/20/2018

We want to thank you for coming out and glad you enjoyed the course. We are under new ownership/

management so there has been a lot of changes for better out here. We do apologize for the cart issue, we have been having issues with the majority of the carts but we will have a brand new fleet of carts here in the upcoming weeks. Hope to see you out!

L Oaks

Not a bad typical community course with some fun holes. Greens rolled well and the staff are all nice.

Commented On 10/20/2018

We want to thank you for coming out and hope to see you back out here so you can check out your newly renovated dining area and kitchen

Very surprised

Did not play this course for some time. I was pleasantly surprised at the overall conditions.

I understand tat the course in under new ownership and there were many workers on the course during the ate morning round.

Made another tee time for next week.

Commented On 10/20/2018

We are under new ownership/management and we are only going to get better. Glad to hear you had a pleasant time out here.

What Happened to the GREENS??????

This was and is still my favorite course to play in Wesley Chapel but what happened to the GREENS? They were in awful shape to point that it looked like they were losing them. I have never seen the course in this shape in all the years that I have played it.. The staff is still top notch and the pace of play is without a doubt the best BUTTTTTT THE GREENS...I wish someone had told us they were having a problem or working on them.....

Greens are back!

I played Lexington for the first time today on 1.15.17. I read previous reviews and was worried about what kind of greens we would see. They are in great shape. I only saw two greens that had any remnants of burn out. And those spots were on the outskirts of the green and less than a football size blemish. Course has a challenging layout from the blue tees with some long carries. Lots of water and sand to dance around. Cart girl came around at least 5 times while we played and the course wasn't empty. We only had to wait at par 3's and one driveable par4. So pace of play was just about the posted pace today. Great place, we will definitely be back.

Another Great Day at the Oaks

Lexington Oaks is a regular stop for my golf group as we tour the greater Tampa Bay area. We keep coming back because they do a tremendous job from the time you arrive to the time you leave. Course is always in great shape, and the people are top notch. We were 10 golfers today and everyone had great time

Thanks again Lex Oaks staff.

Ummmm

Had not played here for a while and got the Pardise Special Double Eagle and while the price was definitely right the greens were not. Appeared to be having a problem with over 90 percent of the greens they were hard, bumpy and spotty. Ball did not roll true at all. This was totally unchariteristic of this golf course as normally the greens are near perfect. The customer service provided by Rachel and the dinning facility staff more than made up for the greens shortcomings...Will not keep us from returning as we did have great time out there as we always do. Pace of play was fantastic and we had the course to ourselves as we let a 2 some through and did not see the next group behind us until we got to 18.

Poor weather

Never have I seen worse greens.

I played here yesterday and the Greens are in absolute horrible conditions. Not sure what happened but I would fire the greenskeeper immediately. There is hardly any grass left, looks like the greens were either overly fertilized and burnt up or they were cut too low and resulted in a catastrophe. Do not play here until they fix the greens, really no reason to unless you want to be very disappointed.

Keep Coming Back.

I moved to the Tampa Bay area about 12 years ago. I probably played every course within 50 miles of Wesley Chapel. For the overall value this course is my favorite The staff is always extremely friendly, course is in good shape. I had a golf outing there in April and have played the course 3 times since. Try it you will be hooked!

OK but not exceptional

We played this as one of 7 courses over the week. Probably ranked 5th of the 7. Greens were slow, quite a challenge off the Blue Tees - some big carries. Staff were friendly and helpful, overall course condition OK.

Greens are Dead Right Now

I called on a Wednesday to book a Sunday tee-time. No notice was given to me that the greens were nearly dead and undergoing extensive aeration. It was like putting on bumpy concrete. Extremely fast an unresponsive for all the wrong reasons. Of all the greens we hit, we couldn't create a single pitch mark because it was so compacted. Chipping and pitching was unenjoyable. I'm sure this course is fun when it's in good shape but I'm disappointed the staff didn't speak up when I called in advance and spoke to them. There was no rate reduction due to aeration either. Likely won't be back until I can confirm the greens are alive. Do a drive-by before paying.

Great course for the money!

A buddy and I teed off at 9 am this morning. It was my first time playing the course and I had only heard very little about it. We thoroughly enjoyed our round today. Pace was slow as there were 44 golfers before us. This slowed play a little but the foursomes in front of and behind us were extremely friendly and we were able to take our time on each shot without feeling rushed. The best part was the condition of the course. I would put the condition and quality of the grass at this course up there with Innisbrook North, which I played a few months ago. The greens were in great shape! I am current about a 20 handicap and I would say the course is not terribly challenging. Wide fairways and large greens. Very few doglegs and a lot of straight away shots to the green. Highly recommended course.

In My Top Ten

I have played this course for years and while I cringe at their summer rates they remain in my top ten list of courses to play and courses that I take my out of town guests to. Staff highly professional and friendly. Course is always in good condition. Pace of play has never been a problem. Rollback Thursday "great idea" like the price.

Florida Advisor

Similar to Alaqua Country Club, Deer Island Country Club, & Saddlebrook Resort - Saddlebrook Course

4:30pm tee time w/wife for $17/ea direct thru course. Course is tight tree/water lined course. Lots of water. Is very well maintained course, almost pristine. Fairways well carpeted. Greens rolling true & fast except for 4-5 greens that were re-aerated & sanded. Fairways well carpeted but you can tell that drainage systems isn't best. Some areas mushy & damp. Some tee boxes needing TLC. Carts battery powered w/ windshield & rain cover in back for golf club bag. Bathrooms & water accessible on course. A fun & challenging course. Will play again when in area.

Land O Lakes, Florida