Scorecard for Stoneybrook West Golf Club
Black M: 74.3/133 408 578 212 329 527 466 410 177 404 3511 435 219 434 353 605 404 167 451 522 3590 7101
Blue M: 71.1/131 382 550 191 303 501 441 383 158 382 3291 388 205 419 332 577 389 147 426 497 3380 6671
White M: 68.0/121 W: 73.7/135 341 497 160 267 458 402 340 135 328 2928 351 181 378 288 553 360 127 390 461 3089 6017
Red W: 70.2/125 295 432 114 217 407 355 293 96 281 2490 309 147 325 241 495 320 94 344 408 2683 5173

Year Built 2000
Fairways Tif Eagle Grass
Greens Tif Eagle Grass
Architect Arthur Hills (2000) Drew Rogers (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Winter Garden Golf Academy"

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #18)

19th Hole Specials 18

Could have been better!

They warned me they had aerated the course but I thought they and done it before this year so how bad could it be? Well, it was REALLY BAD. Nickel sized holes in every green, some filled with sand and some not filled. Sand that had been brushed off the greens was left around the greens in the fringe making approaches very difficult. They should have discounted the greens fees just for how bad the course was. I'll be back but not for at least two weeks due to the bad job they did.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 06/04/2018:
We're sorry to hear the greens were not up to par during your round. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!

Bad experience at a nice course

Paid for 18 holes & was told by the kid in the pro shop that tees had been punched which is no big deal. However he failed to mention that the greens had been punched & sanded. Again no big deal. The kicker is that after 9 holes & making the turn there are at least 6 groups on the 10th tee box. I go to the pro shop to ask what was going on & the answer I recieved was that's our 5 pm league doing a shot gun start. He explained to me that he mentioned this to me before my companions and I teed off. When he clearly did not & if he had I would have gone elsewhere. I did get my money back for nice holes back. But this kid's customer service skills absolutely sucked. I've played here many times & I felt that it was rude not to mention the course conditions & league play before I paid for my round!

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 06/04/2018:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear about your poor customer service in the pro shop. Looking forward to seeing you again!

The course greens

The course greens are very lush,, no weeds or cup placement scars. In total, the greens allow for better putting, improving your short game.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 06/04/2018:
Thank you for playing SBW and sharing your 5-star experience!

Back at Stoneybrook

Every time we are on vacation we play Stoneybrook and what a great course it is
We had a bad expierience with the starter who was not at his place as we pulled up to the first tee, but were yelled back once the starter was at his position
Start yelling to us altough he was not at his place, but beside this expierence the course was great and the greens fabulous, come again for sure (hopefully a different starter)

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/22/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and will be returning. See you soon!

Greens were flawless just as we were told.

As a professional tennis coach and trainer, iI worked at Stonybrook West for four years. Never ever playing this course I found it delightful. The water never really challenge me but being aware if the hidden points helps avoid the hazard. I wish I had played the course before the reduced sand traps but I honestly think I did not change the course dynamic. All in all a great course. To play. My opinion is play the blues once and the tackle the black tee box. Without doing this you may never fully appreciate the lengthy beauty if this course.

Coach Nate

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/22/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! Your feedback on course conditions is greatly appreciated. See you soon!

Enjoyable round

This was our first time playing this course and we were not disappointed.
The staff were very friendly on arrival. The starter went to great lengths to give us advice on how to play certain holes.
In one or two places the fairways were a little wet, but given the recent rain they played well. The greens were superb. Very true and flat a real pleasure to putt on.
The holes were a good challenge with a nice variety of different challenges.
A very good day and it will now be added to our regular courses we play when in Orlando.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/22/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review and course recommendation! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the course conditions. See you soon!

Nice Comeback

This course has had good times and bad. This is again, a really good time! Go play.

The greens are excellent. Mid-afternoon and they still rolled around 8.5-9.0. Rolled very smoothly. Fairways are in vg shape and for a dry Winter and early Spring drought, the parts of the course which need to be green, are just that.

I was lucky because people thought it was going to rain, but it not only never did, but the sun came out several times, but it only took me 2 hr and 15 minutes to play!!!!

Pro Shop guy was really nice got me out quickly as there was a foursome getting ready to go, he suggested I get out there and tee off. Did that and never saw another human the rest of the round.

T he pace also led to me posting one of the lowest scores of the year for me. LIKE THAT.

Go play and support these guys. They have spent money. Look as if they will continue to and the course should be back on "Need to play" list.

Thanx

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/16/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you shot one of your best rounds of the year at SBW. See you soon!

Great greens nice layout

Course had great greens but the course could use some TLC. Some bare spots in fairways but not to bad and great greens and great course layout.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/16/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!

One of My Favorites

Friendly, welcoming staff; challenging course; good fairways; excellent greens; marshals checking the pace of play; faster play with fewer bunkers; terrific restaurant.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/16/2018:
Thank you for playing SBW and sharing your recommendation!

Fantastic Greens!!

I played this course for the first time since March 2016. Another course ruined by the former Integrity/Celebration Golf Management company, this course is now back in great shape. Fairways and the areas surrounding the tee boxes and greens are still in the recovery stage, but the greens are fantastic! Every green on the course is perfect. Few marks, if any, and they all run true and moderate to fast. I remember years ago when the greens here were the best around, and they are now almost at that level. As good as, but not as fast as Disney, Waldorf Astoria and Tranquillo, but better than OCN. And, many, if not all of the old fairway bunkers have been removed. And those giant, intimidating green side bunkers have been scaled down to user-friendly, yet still challenging sand boxes!. The course is much more fun to play. Shouldn't be long before this course is back to its original, excellent condition. Well worth the price!!

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/16/2018:
Thank you for sharing feedback on all fo the course improvements! Our staff is proud of new course layout and excellent greens conditions. See you soon!

Solo return visit

Returned solo to use my ‘group golfer’ voucher. First visit with my wife, they wanted to charge $15 for ‘ride fee’ which we declined to pay. My second visit only lasted 10 holes due to ‘lightning’ but I had seen enough in that time to come to the opinion that the course was a ‘mess’. The greens were OK although slow pace, but some of the tees and most of the fairways were in a very sparse condition.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/22/2018:
We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Your feedback on course conditions is greatly appreciated.

I forgot how nice the layout is.

Played Stoneybrook West after not playing the course for about 5 years. I forgot how nice the layout is. Starter told us they removed about 60% of the sand traps, so it made the game much easier. The fairways were a bit dry, but the greens were near perfect. I highly recommend playing this course.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/08/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed the course layout. Thank you for the 4-star review!

Great day

Enjoyed the course and condition of course was very good considering how dry it has been.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/08/2018:
Our staff has been working hard to maintain the course! Your feedback on conditions is greatly appreciated. See you soon!
Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!
Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/08/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round at Stoneybrook West. See you soon!

Great Value - Fairways need attention

The course is very challenging. The greens are very challenging. The Fairways are horrible and need a lot of work.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/08/2018:
Thank you for playing SBW and sharing your recommendation!
Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 04/30/2018:
Thank you for playing Stoneybrook West!
Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 04/30/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!

Improving

This course is improving all the time.
Bunkers,fairways and greens very good and the removal of a significant number of bunkers has made the course much more playable though still a challenge.
Excellent progress

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 04/30/2018:
Your feedback on improvement is greatly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again.

Stoneybrook West

One of my go to courses. Great layout with challenging holes. Kudos to staff for improving condition. Close to Disney with easy access off of 429.

Response from Stoneybrook West Management on 05/08/2018:
Thank you for playing SBW and sharing your course recommendation!
Winter Garden, Florida