2.3

Style Executive

Year Built 2003
Architect David Pfaff (2003)

Practice Hole Yes

Clubhouse

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Surprisingly good!

I chose this course for 2 reasons, it’s the only 9 hole course I haven’t walked in San Diego County. (I had a weight loss inspired goal of walking every 9 hole course in SD.) 2nd reason is it was the only golf course open on my birthday during a pandemic. Well it was well worth the 1 hr 45 minute drive. The fairways and greens were in immaculate shape. Green but firm. Even if you miss the fairway the “rough” was pretty well manicured. I like a 9 hole course that allows you to use every club and even though it’s 9 holes you only have two that are Par 3’s. On one par 5 I was rewarded with my longest drive ever. 312 yards! The staff was friendly if not knowledgeable. I was pleased to see a SCGA terminal there to enter your score and maintain my handicap but when I asked the woman at the counter where the keyboard or mouse was she said she had no idea what that was for. I’m going to assume the key board and mouse were hidden due to safety concerns just as the cups were upside down and the bunkers were missing rakes. But that actually made me feel safer. My only complaint is the only food seems limited to a fridge at the tiny pro shop and an assortment of snacks. Never saw a cart lady but the layout of the course made up for that. Had doglegs right, doglegs left. And straight ahead shots. The 18th has a water hazard so all in all a good variety of holes. I highly recommend it and plan to come back with an RV one day and spend the weekend.

Good deal from SCGA

It was a long adventurous drive over the mountains from Temecula but definitely worth it. Used $45 deal through SCGA. I was travelling from Vancouver, Canada with my wife to San Diego area to watch UW Huskies softball and decided to use offer for a round of golf. The course looked green and in fantastic shape driving in after playing 3 SD courses hit by winter storms which left the SD courses soft and wet.
I walked on as a single after the pro shop said come any time, we get you on. Very hospitable and friendly words from the pro.I joined a couple from NoCal who were a delight to play with, good players and very friendly.
The courses was in fantastic shape, fairways, greens, rough and sand traps. Some of the tee boxes needed additional cutting.
Pace of play was excellent 3 1/2 hrs for our threesome. I was glad that I joined them so that they could provide hints and directions for some of the holes.
Overall, it was a wonderful day of golf on a course which I played for the 1st time and meeting two new players who my friends for the afternoon. Definitely, I would recommend Borrego Springs and hope to return there soon.

Semi-Private/Resort