Bella Collina Golf Club

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Bella Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.

Green (W) 72 6021 yards 75.3 136

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Nice course, excellent facility"

Terence3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Challenging course with sand everywhere. It will make you hit good shots or pay the price. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

roverbaugh1414's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2018

"Best course I have ever played to date"

William1253688's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018

This course is a must play for alny serious golfer visiting Florida. The staff is top notch and very helpful with anything you may need. The course layout is superb with world class bunkers , greens and fairways. We had the pleasure to meet Hideki Matsuyama on the practice range and then watch him tee off in front of us for a few holes. There was 4 of us and his twosome was soon out of site. I have played golf all over the world and this course just pasted wolfs creek on my favourites list to take the top spot.

"Yes, pony u the cash for this one"

seit1234's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018

Even if you play it once, pay up and play this one. It may be a little pricey, but the cost keeps the traffic down I think.

BEAUTIFUL! The bathrooms are nicer than most clubs.

Plenty of challenge and fair as long as you choose the right tees (put the ego away).

Incredible staff.

rickvonta's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

"Great facility but slow play"

lawnut's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/26/2018

I would rate the course all 5 stars but the pace of play was very poor. On a course where it is all but impossible to lose balls, 5 hours where we waited on every shot is inexcusable. I would still come back.

"Lots of Bunkers!"

smileray's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2018
First time playing Walked Cold weather

A good test of bunker play. Greens roll true. Conditions were good for winter golf when we played. Challenging layout. Surprisingly elevation changes on the course were greater then we played anywhere in the Orlando area. Greens had a good deal of undulations to them. Barely saw a cart girl and she didn't have anything in her cart other then snacks. Played with a twosome who played there before and they found that as great a course as this is, the services being lacking was a common refrain. Amazing clubhouse.

"Nice round on a foggy day"

jbgregg1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017

The round started with heavy fog. Got better on every hole. Good drink cart , course in great shape with a great deal of elevation change. Not pushed or held up

jeffreyedavis's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

"Expensive, poorly staffed, nice elevations"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

This course is beautiful and fun due to elevations etc. well kept for now. Under staffed and little help in the club and cart location. It seems that they are getting financially strained since on 50 houses in a location they expected 800 so would not be surprised if they are going broke so. Hope not but the signs are there that they are cost saving on staff.

Both Carts run out of battery during the round...

"A hilly course in Central Florida!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Once you get over the amazing clubhouse at Bella Collina, the first thing that you will notice is how hilly it is. This course is the only course in Central Florida that I have played that has blind shots!

The fairways and greens were in great shape. On the greens, the putts rolled true but were a little slow. The greens have significant slopes and tiers, where if you missed from the fairway on the wrong side, a three putt became very likely.

Off the tee, the holes are wide open, but be warned that an errant tee shot can make your approach shot very difficult. For being our first time on the course (playing the white tees - 6500 yards) and not knowing the lines to take on the blind holes, our group found the second shots to be quite challenging.

The course plays much longer than the yardage, especially if the fairways aren't running out. My dad (10 handicap off the senior tees) had trouble carrying the hills off the tee, so the second shots played extremely long for him (mainly hybrids and long irons). On top of that our whole group had trouble knowing the best angle to take.

A couple of additional notes: The par 3s vary in length but all require a mid to long iron, depending on the wind. Each side has a driveable par 4 with deep bunkers, while short, these holes can make for a quick bogey if not played correctly off the tee. These two holes also average out with two long par 4s (both over 440 yards from the middle set of tees).

Overall, a great course that is absolutely worth the drive from Orlando. The conditions are fantastic and each hole is a challenge. While the course plays long, it offers a good mix of holes to keep things interesting. A different course that low handicappers will like but may be a little too difficult for the higher handicappers that don't hit the ball very long off the tee. I would definitely recommend this course if you can catch a lower rate in the late morning.

"Great Layout and Ammenities"

Stuart9265995's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

Fun course to play. Very challenging from the tips. Course was in mediocre shape for the green fee. If you're going to play, book the afternoon tee time for $60 and save a little.

"Unique Florida course"

Dan7434849's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

If you like elevation changes and a country feel this course is great for you I loved it course was in good shape for summertime

"Aerated and sanded"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017

Outstanding layout and great fun to play but with aeration and sanding it wasn't worth even the reduced rate. I will play it again when in better condition though.

Commented on 08/22/2017

We apologize for our appearance during your round. The golf course has since fully healed and is in great shape as we begin to head into the season. We hope to see you again soon to experience us at our best!

"Too Much Hype!!!!!!!!"

yngwie27's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Greens where in pretty good condition, but the fairways is not the best you can find a lot of spots missing grass. The thing this course has is the 19th hole, excellent Buffalo Chicken Wrap!!!!!!!!!

Commented on 07/06/2017

We thank you for choosing to play out at Bella Collina. Unfortunately this time of year the transition of the grasses can be an issue going from the Rye to Bermuda. We hope you decide to come back and play as our fairways are typically in great shape.

"Come here to golf like a golfer"

John3831932's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

On our annual trip to Orlando, we decided to include Bella Collina this year. I'm so glad we did. This is a jewel of a golf course.

Here are a few things to be aware of, it's only about 30 minutes from Orlando. You might think, with all of the choices in the area, why drive that distance. 1) It's only 30 minutes. 2) It is beautiful. 3) it is not flat and boring like most courses in the Orlando area.

You need to know how to golf from uneven lies here. The ball is either above your feet or below your feet on the fairway. So if you have a hard time adjusting for this, you'll see your score a little higher than usual.

I also enjoyed the fact you need to place your drive well. You have options to place your drive safe, or risk it. The greens are true and quick.

At the turn, we ordered 4 sandwiches and this is the only complaint I have..it took about 20 minutes to get them together. They were terrific...but too slow.

The grounds are gorgeous! The men's locker room is over the top! And the lounge is just tremendous.

Come here to golf like a golfer, prove that you can do it!

"Best course I played this trip"

robset's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

If your looking for a course with something different. Hills and elevation changes. This is the course for you. Most of the courses around Orlando are relatively flat. This course will challenge all the aspects of your game. I didn't score well this round but if I played it anouther time I could. Greens were perfect. As good as Saw Grass. In the off season when I played. Fairways tee boxes are good for this time of year with a lack of rain. Bunkers. Just stay away from them the 12 foot face of the one I found was impressive and brutal, but when do you really get to try those shots. Great vacation golf course. Take a mulligan. Use your foot wedge. Enjoy what this course offers that most in the area don't. Variety and imagination to use every club in your bag. Can't wait to go back!!! the property and staff are 5 stars+. Wonderful.

Commented on 07/06/2017

We are very happy to hear that this was your favorite course you played on your trip! We hope you come back for the same experience very soon.

Alberto3000791's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

Beautiful coarse, the greens are fast and the pin placement are challenging.

The entire play is in mountain setting and the clubhouse is first rated verry up scale

With Tuscany design

Commented on 07/06/2017

Thank you for coming to play Bella Collina. We are very happy to hear that you had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the golf course from start to finish.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

"Overpriced and silly layout with no bailout"

HZ's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Firstly, I am glad we went "once" because the facility with the Tuscan motif perched up on the bluff is beautiful. Golfers beware though because it's always windy at Bella Collina and lots and lots of sand. The course layout is silly and I think they will need to revise the course to make it more enjoyable. You would definitely not want to be a member here and play it every day and this comes from a member of a hard but fair Country Club. The first hole is a 5 Par that slants dramatically left to right. Silly from the get go. For me, any course where a good shot does not get rewarded is not a great course layout. The starter said, if you hit it in the middle of the fairway, it will roll into the bunker. Maybe if one or two holes are that way to protect the hole, well OK, but there's too many very silly "let's make it impossible to hit a good tee ball" architecture without threading the needle. The rock hard sloping greens are enough protection for a hole much less fairway bunkers right and left to shrink the fairway and greens with collars that fall off quickly so you're hitting up onto a narrow green. For a semi-private membership course, the conditions were only OK. Some of the tee boxes were not mowed, but in fairness the greens were in good shape, but not receptive at all. Rock hard. Probably because the wind dries it out as the day progresses. Finally, the maintenance crew started plugging the rough, but after 3 holes we got ahead of the plugging machine so no issue. All in all, probably a good beautiful site to visit once, if you can get a good deal (well under $100), but I would not come back. The course just isn't enjoyable.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 07/06/2017

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than desirable. Bella Collina is regarded as one of the more difficult courses in the area, and we always recommend to play up a tee if you are unsure. We also take pride in all the amenities here at the golf course/club and the membership comes with great value as you get access to all areas of the beautiful club. We hope you decide to come join us again if not to play golf, but to experience our spa or dining before we transition to fully private.