Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Fun course to play

Great course, good condition, friendly staff
Well worth playing you won’t be disappointed

Surprised!!

The last time I played this course Fairways were bad, greens were slow, bunker were not well maintained. To my surprise the fairways looked healthier, bunkers were a little better maintained, but the greens were rolling great!! I was shocked, the greens keeper is definitely earning his money!!

Commented on 06/04/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

outing at eagle dunes

enjoyed the round, tough course, long course, greens were outstanding super fast. we will be coming back.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

What fairways?

Let me start with the positive. The greens are rolling just fine. So much for that. The "fairways" are a disaster. Grass is thin and barely there. Little islands of grass. Looks like like a cow pasture. You have to roll the ball to get a decent lie. Owner doesn't care. Stacks up tee times. Can often see 2-3 groups on a tee box, especially #10. The are other courses in better shape nearby, like Black Bear. Old Mount Dora is in better shape. So sad. Would like to add photo but size too big, weeds in middle of fairway.

Always Fun

Always fun to play here. You have to place your shots carefully. Don’t stray off the fairway much because you will pay. They call it “the rough” for a reason. You have scoring opportunities and knowledge of the layout is very helpful. Elevated greens force you to carry so club selection is imperative. Played here since they opened and have well over a hundred rounds played. The staff is super. I will come back.

Disappointed

I have played this course frequently since it first opened.
The overall condition continues to decline year after year. I have several friends that live year round at Eagle Dunes and they too agree, it appears to be getting ready for more housing development on the course layout. Not unusual for the Orlando golfing community. For several years, there was an absence of grass on the fairways due to an untreated fungus, over the last 10 years the rutts in the fairways go unaddressed and continue to worsen, the green fees don't reflect the poor quality of the course. The club house that was promised when the development opened has never been built, it is a portable trailer. Try Red Tail or Black Bear in this same area for a premium experience.

Greens were awesome, fast,pace of play,even though quit busy very good ,staff excellent very enjoyable

Making progress

The course is recovering after its horrendous fungus problem months ago. The green were largely in good shape, rolling true other than #1 which had a bout a 10' patch still recovering. The fairways are in need of continuing attention, because they are still quite rutted and in need of repair. (Chunk at a time, plow, level, seed, and mark as ground under repair)

Commented on 05/22/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Ted! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to having you back again in the future. Eagle Dunes Golf Club thanks you!

Fun round

Course is a little rough but weather has been extremely dry here in CFL. Overall it was fun

Commented on 05/19/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Needs attention

Love the layout. Fairways in need of aeration and proper cart traffic. First green had the only issue. Rest were on track after aeration about 10 days ago. Always a fun course to play.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Play During COVID-19

The round went well. Course in decent condition. The golf was good. No social distancing and only a couple of patrons wore a mask. Noticed the starter touching the hands of one of the golfers. Unless they were related I don’t think the starter should touch anyone on the hands when getting ready to tee off. Not sure of the Covid, but I do believe in earring on the side of caution. Or, wear gloves and keep the distance.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Stay home if you are that worried.

Rough fairways and rough greens

Went out to play 18 in the afternoon and the course showed signs of it not being taken care of. In the middle of the first Green there was a huge spot that was being repaired. The fairways and roughs had spots very similar that it looked like the they haven’t been watered in many days. This course used to be one of the better courses in the area and we always love to play it but now I think I’m gonna have to give it some time to be repaired and see what it looks like in a few months.

this course has seen better days!!

The course was in the worst shape i've ever seen it! I played it a year ago and it wasn't this bad. fairways are horrible, greens were slow and bumpy. bunkers were terrible, I understand situation with players not having a rake, it looks like there maintenance hasn't bothered to rake or edge around the bunkers in weeks. I will not be back at eagle dunes!!

Commented on 05/06/2020

Thank you for leaving us a review and for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. Unfortunately our irrigation system broke down over the weekend and our course was without water during that period of time. We are happy to inform you that the system was fixed on Sunday evening. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hello, Tony. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Downhill

The course has taken a turn for the worse. It was in the worst condition that i've ever seen it. Very little grass on the fairways and fringes. The tee boxes were terrible. I know that they just punched the greens a few weeks back, but there are bare spots on several of the greens.

We paid $30 for an afternoon round and when I booked I thought that was a steal. I am highly dissatisfied with my recent experience at the course. The only positive I would say is that the staff are always great there.

I would NOT recommend the course at this time. It's ashamed because its such a fun layout.

Cutting Edge

The course has really come around the last month. New drainage put in and the greens healed well after being punched two weeks ago. Such a great layout and beautiful scenery. Brought a friend out today that had never played at Eagle Dunes. He complimented the course from the first hole until we finished on eighteen. He can’t wait to get back out here. My wife loves the place because of the superior sanitation practices in place. Thanks for all your hard work and for keeping us healthy. See you soon!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for your kind words and for leaving us with your feedback! We are thrilled to hear how much you all enjoyed your time here with us. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Commented on 05/02/2020

Totally ridiculous.. This course is fair- good at best.

Barely Average

Greens usually are v. good. Today far below average. Holes punched in all greens and covered in sand. Sand flies in a trail behind a putt. Fairways are average at best. Sanded in many places and dirt only in many places. Turf is below average for their above average green fees. Better conditions at other courses for the high costs. Overall not too awful, but well below expectations.

A lost gem

I have been playing Eagle Dunes since the beginning. It used to be one of the best tracks in central Florida! the greens rolled like pool tables and the fairways were great. Today was an embarrassment. Greens had been punched last week they were aweful. The fairways , no, the rough that they called fairways were barely playable. Some were sand tracks!! To pay $39 for this goat ranch is ridiculous. Even a hacker would be ashamed! Not going back

Commented on 06/02/2020

Unfortunate, but an accurate and honest review. This course is in really terrible shape and getting worse.

Rough course

I understand the course was just aerated but it was in really rough shape. The greens were covered in sand, it was hard to tell them apart from the sand traps.

Good value

I always enjoy playing this course. I hit it long so I like the freedom to be able smack it and not get into too much trouble. The staff there is always friendly and the course layout is great. I will definitely keep coming back.

Commented on 04/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Eagle Dunes Golf Club thanks you!

Eustis, Florida