Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Greens ARE Terrible, Etc.

Greens have grooves from one end to the other and are sanded. Slow and quirky. Bunkers are awful and totally inconsistent. Some are hard packed, others are deep heavy sand. There was no advance notification of these conditions period. SO - consider yourself warned and do yourself a favor - stay far away.

5 plus hour round

Pace of play is always an issue. We feed off at 1115 and finished at 430.. the weather was perfect. Problem is there is no one pushing hackers on the course to move. This ALWAYS happens out there and has become accepted. It’s a shame. Great course, great layout, but pace of play is frequently awful. Also, if hungry go somewhere else first. The food they offer is terrible.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club! We hope to see you again soon!

Good shape

Course in good shape overall, greens very good. Rolled true and pretty quick. Had to play front twice due to back up of three groups on 10. No ranger on Saturday seems odd. Will play again.

Commented on 10/15/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Excellent place to play for the money, greens where in good shape.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club! Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Fun course in Sorrento!

I had a good time playing here and I would come back! Greens were beautiful looking and were some of the fastest I have played on. The greens are also large and several have 2 tiers. Fairways and tee boxes were also maintained. No too much water to worry about, but the rough was thick so easy to lose a ball. All of the staff was friendly and welcoming. They have a ranger who keeps up with the pace of play which was nice to see. We saw the beverage cart several times. There is a port a potty on each 9-- For how nice the course and surrounding area is, it is surprising they do not have a permanent bathroom.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars and also for providing us with your feedback! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always appreciate it! Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Outstanding Layout and conditions

For the life of me, I cannot understand why they course isn't full every day. Yes it has its rough spots (leftover from a turf condition a year or so ago) but highly playable and well well maintained by the new super. Greens are near perfect and rival resort style greens (without the price). Great layout and elevation changes. And the staff members are great. I play here several times a week and it has become my go-to course because of the conditions and price. If you love resort courses and want the same experience at half the price, come play Eagle Dunes. If is well worth the drive.

Commented on 09/26/2019

Thank you for your kinds words and for your review! We are thrilled you enjoy the course so much that you've become a regular! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another great round!

Really like this course.

The layout is a lot of fun and is pretty challenging on several holes. There are a couple of "drive the green" holes if you are a long hitter. The weather and price were perfect. Great day.

Commented on 09/24/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement if you wish to tell us how we can earn that extra star! Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Worth the Drive

If you like greens that roll true with a consistency that is a little quick, go play Eagle Dunes! If this course was in Orlando you'd be hard pressed to find a tee time.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us and thank you for the 5-star rating! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Eagle Dunes Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Hi, Glen! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Excellent

The course was in very good condition considering the amount of rain they've had (10"+). The greens were rolling very nice. The staff were very friendly (as always).

Commented on 08/19/2019

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Fun Course

Starts off with a good warm up par 5. Fun layout with a mix of hard and easy holes. Finishes up with a long par 5 with an elevated green. Lots of roll. Tough greens. Love this course, play it often when in the area. Good value for the money.

A lot better shape!

The course has come a long way in the past year. The fairways, greens, and tee boxes were in great shape. The sand traps still need some work, but most of the issues with them is due to the rain.
Glad it is back in the shape that it is, and will include on our playing rotation more!

Commented on 08/02/2019

Hi DLTarqytek. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Awesome greens

Fairways are back. Still spotty in areas. Greens are immaculate!!!!!

Commented on 07/29/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Morning play is old guys

Morning play is great. Get there before 730 n get off before all the older guys. I absolutely love this course the layout the greens the different tees. Not to mention Shawn and Roy are great guys in the shop. Greens anyways in great condition. A few run offs because of the rain we’ve had but course is in great shape. Make sure you get a fresh cart. Great course always fairly priced. Can’t say enough this much I love this place I play it at least 2 times a month.

Commented on 07/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable and we will escalate your comments back to the team! We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Eagle Dunes Golf Club thanks you!

Course in great shape

Course is looking very good. Tees, fairways, and greens are all in great shape. Greens are rolling nice and true.

I just wish people would learn to fix their divot marks on the green.

Pace of play was great and our group was able to play at our own pace without ever catching up to the group in front of us or having a group catch up behind us.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Thank you for your review, slice213. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

My best. Round ever

I’ve always loved this course, the greens were in amazing shape and rolled extremely well. Had my best round of -1 under 71 and could of been better if the group behind us would of not been up our butts throwing their arms up at us trying to finish in record time, btw we had 4 people in our group and we finished in 4 hours and 5 minutes. I don’t understand why people take pride in finishing a round in super lightning speed. I like to enjoy my round since I paid for it. The guy throwing his hands up at us got to me on the 12th hole and i chunked a easy shot from the fairway so it could of been better but not the courses fault.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thank you for your review, Casey. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Eagle dunes

Really enjoyed course. Me and my wife are 23 handicapers Front nine tight back nine open. Really fun golf. Plenty of bunkers to get you in trouble. Friendly helpful staff. Will definitely play again when I visit USA again. Thanks from sunny Blackpool golfers

Commented on 07/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Eagle Dunes Golf Club thanks you!

Be back in the future

Mark in the pro shop was nice and friendly. The golf course was in awesome shape, greens were true and rolled nice. First time at Eagle Dunes and was impressed . Will be back to play this track in the near future!

Pleasant Surprise

I live close by and have played Eagle Dunes many times. I must say the course was in the best condition I have ever seen it. Greens were fast and clean, tee boxes were tight, and the fairways were neat and clean with plenty of turf under the ball. I sure hope it stays this way because it’s a fun track. Pace of play was awesome. Water jugs every few holes is also real nice.

please get some decent range balls

Commented on 07/15/2019

John, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Eustis, Florida