Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

From CT

Love this course. Very challenging and well kept. Pace of play is always slow but I still love it. The entire staff are amazing

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Fun Layout Summer has been brutal

After a rain, the course was still extremely wet. Drainage should have been better, not slushing all over the fairways. To hard to get true shots when you're hitting out of a mud bath.

Tees in good shape, greens inconsistent, some fast some slow.

Fun layout, nice people, good price

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Rough around the edges

Been a couple months since I play ed here, obvious the course has had a lot of play. Most of the fee boxes are chewed up and sparse. The fairways are fair with lots of ruts and old divot holes. The greens, which is this courses best attribute were also more dinged up then I have experienced in the past. I hope they start working on smoothing the fairways and getting the fee boxes back. This is a nice layout, but overpriced for this time of year and conditions especially during a weekday.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Greens in great shape, which is all you really need for an enjoyable round. Fairways are spotty, rough is quite tough, and the course has lots of areas where it’s gotten away from the greens keeper. Nothing that would prevent you from playing an enjoyable round and putting on some smooth greens. It would require some serious investment to get this course to a condition where you wouldn’t have to play it “up” in the fairways and rough both.

I was pretty disappointed with the pro shop attendant. I booked a 6:56am tee time, first tee time of the day. They bumped us back to 7:12 and let a handful of groups go ahead of us. I expressed my disappointment and the attendant flatly said “I don’t have time to argue with you”. Odd experience, for sure.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Nice greens ... but...

Never seen rough so out of control. Like a French woman on a shaving hiatus. Areas not mowed for weeks. Severely penalized for balls not piped down the fairway. Spotty grass and pot holes throughout course. Greens decent, but otherwise subpar - especially for near $50.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Course in pretty good shape. A couple of greens had a few spots but tgey are trying to repair them. Sprayed for weeds. A goid thing. Most courses cant afford that. This course is doing tge right things. Staff was great.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Fast true greens, great course.

Course in good condition, greens are excellent, no slow play here on mid morning Saturday.!

Commented on 08/31/2020

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Rain Rain Go Away

The rain of late has taken its toll on the course. I saw plenty of work being done today. I will give the corse a month to heal up. The staff at Eagle Dunes is top notch. I can’t blame them for what rain can do to the course. I’ll be back.

Commented on 08/26/2020

We appreciate you leaving us with your feedback! Our staff thanks you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Eagle Dunes

Second time I played this course. I enjoyed it much more this time being more familiar with ball placement: The layout is great with elevation changes , good rewards for placing shots . Plenty of no mans land waste bunkers, very little water on course. Speaking of water there are a few low lying areas that were soft probably recent rains, but also watering. Greens in great shape, tee boxes mostly good looked like a busy weekend on the course. Fairways have some rough areas on almost all of them. That was the only negative of the round. Played as a single didn’t run into anyone until the 15 th hole Played in about two and half hours to beat a storm. Course is about 45 minutes from home but well worth the trip.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sweet Greens

Tee to green the course is in great shape. Zipped round i n 2 hours nd 30 minutes.. cn’t complain bout a thing. The staff is excellent and always accommodating. Improvements are always being made to to course. I will be back soon!

Commented on 08/18/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Don't waste your money.

Was charged $28.00 for golf and $18.00 cart fee in the middle of August for a course that is in awful condition. Don’t waste that kind of money on this garbage course. There were Mushrooms in the fairways and areas that were total washed out. Forget about the bunkers that have not been maintained in what looks like forever Much better golf courses around including Black Bear, Red Tail, Zellwood Station, Mount Dora Country Club and Mount Dora Golf Club. Again do not waste your money in this very poorly kept course

Don't waste your money.

Commented on 08/31/2020

HORRIBLE

this course is the worst in the area. horrible course conditions. this place should close today. should not be allowed to be open. it's even dangerous to transition the fairways on the cart. very disappointed. much better golf courses around including black bear and red tail. Mount dora country club and golf club much better. do not waste your money in this very poorly kept course. I hope they close soon

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you give us another try in the future.

Commented on 08/15/2020

Shame on you. Management is deaf and dumb. They have never been told anything Is wrong with the course and they always want to know who you are so be sure and stop by the trailer on your next visit. But do not expect any improvements - guaranteed.

ok

Greens good, fairways very bumpy, get carts with better suspension or softer tires.

Commented on 08/12/2020

In response to the commit to "drive slower" so as not to be as rough a ride, my commit was just a silly tongue n cheek commit not a serious remark. But driving slower is not a problem at ED because of the number of slow players that won't let you play through, just about every time I've played there have gone around slow players like you to find an empty course the rest of the way in.

Commented on 08/10/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Commented on 08/07/2020

You could drive slower. Carts with better suspension????SMH

Not my first time

Have played this course several times in a league but my wife had never played there. Wide open course so it works for her as she isn't always straight. Overall I always like it & she enjoyed it

Commented on 08/17/2020

Good Times Roll

The staff is SUPERIOR to all the clubs I play every where else.. The greens were in great shape, slick and rolling true. Keep the ball in the fairway, get the speed of the greens down and you will be fine. The waste areas just take your lumps and dig it out. Otherwise we will need a search party to find you. I will be coming back soon.

Commented on 08/11/2020