Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Florida Advisor

Some Accurate Past Reviews But Course Is Well Worth The Play

Having never played Eagle Dunes and knowing that it would be a long drive and longer day I read the past reviews with some interest. As I do agree with most of the reviews regarding the ruts in the course I fully enjoyed my experience and would fully recommend this course to all golfers interested in a fun day of golf. The elevation changes were a nice change of pace and the course was in great shape. The challenge would be navigating your golf cart in and around the numerous ruts in the fairways. My advice, just slow down and pay attention to the "road". They really didn't have much effect on the shots as the fairways were in good shape and the greens, although very quick, were receptive to your approach shots and ran true. The staff was great from desk to starter. They could have used a ranger on the course as we were a twosome stuck behind a very slow and ball hawking foursome. I guess this poor golf etiquette will never change with some people. It probably cost us 45 mins-hour extra time on our round and got us home after dark. Not appreciated. Go enjoy Eagle Dunes as I will gather some of my buddies and make the trip back there in the future.

Commented on 11/18/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience and your feedback to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club so that they can work to make improvements before your next round! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

ok condition/good layout

I like the layout. I play there 4 to 5 x /yr. The greens are good and quick and have character. The tees are subpar and the fairways are mostly good except for frequent potholes. My complaint comes with the rough. While it is only in the 3-4in high range you can lose a ball very easily. The fringes of some fairway bunkers are down right hairy....as in deep grass. Needs more attention.

Smooth greens

Always enjoy Eagle Dunes. Great fairways and greens. Rough hadn’t been mowed so finding balls was a bit of a problem. Lots of erosion in bunkers needs to be addressed. Played very fast and really enjoyed the course. Highly recommend!

Commented on 11/18/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we will pass along your feedback to the teams in charge. Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club! We hope to see you back at the course again soon!

Very nice course and layout. Best greens i haved played in central Florida. Keep ball in playing area and conditions are great. Stray off and you woll be punished. Course in great shape and very good value.

Commented on 11/12/2019

Wow! Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience! Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Staff

Greens Roll Fantastic

Early morning tee time, got out even earlier. Pace of play was amazing and the greens were rolling fantastic. There are some areas of the course marked as ground under repair where they had some washouts but those didn't impact play. I always love playing this course and will certainly be back. AND..just like the name, we saw a Bald Eagle!

Commented on 11/07/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Good layout, fair challenge, great price, good experience

My primary partner and I have played this course 10+ times over the last several years. The condition is not always perfect but in fairness, I don't expect perfection for sub $35 (or even for $50!).
The layout is interesting.
The course is adequately challenging with multiple tees for golfers better or shorter than me.
The pace of play is usually good since the layout and hole order is well designed.
This is a very good course that we all need to get out and support as we are losing even very good golf courses.
We will be back again, and again.

Great Conditions

Course was great from tee to green. Greens super slick. Just a few water logged areas on the periphery that were sloshed from the recent rain. Will play again soon!

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Eve! Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your kind words! We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Eagle Dunes Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 10/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Starting to fall apart

While the greens were nearly up to the usual high standard, the rest of the course is falling apart. Any loose fillings will fall out while driving to your ball. The fairways are horribly bumpy, with bare patches scattered everywhere.There is no evidence that any effort is being made to repair the ruts.

My friends and I will be looking elsewhere to play until we learn that care is being taken to bring the course up to its prior standard.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Accurate and Honest review.

I simply cannot understand why this course is getting 4 and 5 star reviews, compared to other courses. I guess the people playing there have no idea what a well maintained course looks like.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Hi, Ted! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Commented on 10/31/2019

I have to agree. The course is falling apart.

Add to this 6 year old driving cracked, horrible range balls, and you can see how much they care about the golfer experience...

Nice people, but the course is essentially dead..

Thank god for half decent greens...

Good day for golf

the course was in very good condition, greens were in excellent condition for me... I really like the new carts with the automatic hill braking system...

Commented on 11/04/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we appreciate you leaving us with feedback! Please feel free to let us know how we can earn that extra star next time! Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club! We hope to see you back for another round soon!

Great course ruined by overbooking

Greens in great shape and a fun track, but 9 holes shouldn’t take 3 hours; even on a Saturday

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you for your review, Will. We will pass along your positive experience and your feedback to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club so that they can work to make changes before your next round. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Eagle Dunes

A fun track with challenging holes. Quick greens. Played after heavy rain storm and the course was very playable.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Eagle Dunes

What a pleasant surprise after not playing this course for over a year. The course has improved significantly from fairways to greens. The work being done is definitely showing results. Kudos to the entire Course Management team and Staff. And the new Golf carts were a definite treat.

Commented on 10/21/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Dunes Golf Club!

Greens ARE Terrible, Etc.

Greens have grooves from one end to the other and are sanded. Slow and quirky. Bunkers are awful and totally inconsistent. Some are hard packed, others are deep heavy sand. There was no advance notification of these conditions period. SO - consider yourself warned and do yourself a favor - stay far away.

Commented on 10/21/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

5 plus hour round

Pace of play is always an issue. We feed off at 1115 and finished at 430.. the weather was perfect. Problem is there is no one pushing hackers on the course to move. This ALWAYS happens out there and has become accepted. It’s a shame. Great course, great layout, but pace of play is frequently awful. Also, if hungry go somewhere else first. The food they offer is terrible.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club! We hope to see you again soon!

Good shape

Course in good shape overall, greens very good. Rolled true and pretty quick. Had to play front twice due to back up of three groups on 10. No ranger on Saturday seems odd. Will play again.

Commented on 10/15/2019

Excellent place to play for the money, greens where in good shape.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Dunes Golf Club! Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Fun course in Sorrento!

I had a good time playing here and I would come back! Greens were beautiful looking and were some of the fastest I have played on. The greens are also large and several have 2 tiers. Fairways and tee boxes were also maintained. No too much water to worry about, but the rough was thick so easy to lose a ball. All of the staff was friendly and welcoming. They have a ranger who keeps up with the pace of play which was nice to see. We saw the beverage cart several times. There is a port a potty on each 9-- For how nice the course and surrounding area is, it is surprising they do not have a permanent bathroom.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars and also for providing us with your feedback! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always appreciate it! Thank you for playing Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Outstanding Layout and conditions

For the life of me, I cannot understand why they course isn't full every day. Yes it has its rough spots (leftover from a turf condition a year or so ago) but highly playable and well well maintained by the new super. Greens are near perfect and rival resort style greens (without the price). Great layout and elevation changes. And the staff members are great. I play here several times a week and it has become my go-to course because of the conditions and price. If you love resort courses and want the same experience at half the price, come play Eagle Dunes. If is well worth the drive.

Commented on 09/26/2019

Thank you for your kinds words and for your review! We are thrilled you enjoy the course so much that you've become a regular! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Dunes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another great round!

Eustis, Florida
Grand Island, Florida
Apopka, Florida
Longwood, Florida

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.