Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Commented On 03/25/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Mittworch at Wähle Dunes

A lot of sand especially on par 5s, it even feels like runway lights. Elevation changes near the club house are more pronounced than elsewhere on the course. Greens sloping can be underestimated on the back nine due to their sloping scheme, thus take the time to make a proper assessment or you risk to see your golf ball rollback. New pin rule will not help here! Beside the greens are a bit faster on the back nine.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Commented On 03/22/2019

Poorly maintained

This course has potential but clearly needs help. Very few rakes in bunkers despite very high number of sand traps. Most bunkers full of footprints and divots. Fairways and tee boxes with some bare areas. Greens were ok but slow. Pace of play very slow despite a nice ranger going by telling us he spoke with the slow groups to speed up. Nothing changed. Not sure why it has a 4 star rating but clearly not more than a 3 at this time.

Commented On 03/20/2019

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Our staff is working hard on getting the course conditions back up to par and we hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Please come back and give us another try in the near future.

Play here often

I play Eagle Dunes often in the winter time when I’m in Florida. The course layout is nice and you were never in a shooting gallery. The tee boxes are generally in good shape, the greens are fast. What I like most about Eagle Dunes is that the staff is fabulous. There is a starter available most of the time and keeps things moving right off the first tee. Frequently there is a Ranger that will come around on the course to make sure things are moving and there are no issues. I often play as a solo player and get signed up with other groups and the starter makes sure that I am in a group that is amiable and that I feel safe with being a woman playing with a group of men.

10:40 Tee

Course was overall very good. Fairways were spotty. Greens were nice, normal speed. Very good value. A little out of the way, northwest corner of metropolitan Orlando. If you've been to Orlando it takes an hour to cross town.

Commented On 03/18/2019

Great day

The course was in great shape, very fast greens all in all had a good time.

Commented On 03/15/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

Commented On 03/19/2019

Course is great!

Greens are in great shape and quick! Fairways always need a little work but overall in great shape. It was a little slow but that is too be expected this time of year. Ranger was out making sure things kept moving.

Commented On 03/20/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Commented On 03/05/2019

Highly recommended, generous fairways

Had a very enjoyable day of pick-up golf. Played with some local golfers who helped with course k knowledge. As a Canadian, was my first round of the year and found course very fair with generous fairways. Greens in excellent shape an ran pretty true.

Commented On 02/28/2019

Commented On 02/28/2019

Much improved

The course has made some good improvements since it experienced a rough summer 2018 and seems to be bouncing back with more attention to maintenance.
The greens are pretty good and rolled true. There still are some rough spots around several holes but the fairways are looking much better.

Commented On 02/25/2019

Commented On 02/22/2019

Thanks carlster21 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Not much grass on the fairways

The course was ok - greens were pretty fast, and not much grass on the fairways. It seemed to be well taken care of and the staff was friendly.

Commented On 02/21/2019

Commented On 02/15/2019

Commented On 02/13/2019

Poor course conditions equal poor experience

It was my second time at this course and I only played it because it was a Golf Now "Hot Deal". It was a 2:15p tee time and 4 "solos" got together on the first tee for a round. The good....course layout is fine. Particularly challenging on a damp and windy day when the northbound holes played 100 yds longer due to weather. I played it once before and again, challenging and enjoyable layout.

The bad........

Conditions are horrible. Fairways are like playing on asphalt. Greens are decent. Cart paths and bridges need lots of work. Traps/bunkers are filled with Redi-Mix concrete. You certainly won't need to rake!

We played the front 9 only to find that at 10 we were behind a WALKING tournament of some sort. We could see 10/11/12 from our elevated POV and it looked like a funeral procession. So, we played the front 9 again.

Course needs LOTS of work. The only upside is that it's 10 minutes from me. But this is central Florida so there is a golf course on every corner.

Commented On 02/13/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fairways need a lot of work!

Had a great round of golf however the course itself was in need of a lot of TLC. The fairways were in very rough condition. The greens were not too bad whatsoever. At the end of the round was looking forward to a nice cold one but unfortunately the clubhouse closes quite early, 5:30 p.m., and had to go elsewhere even to have a pit stop! No facilities open to use. I was disappointed however that the smokers on this course did not take the time to pick up their butts and had left them disrespectfully strewn everywhere.

Commented On 02/13/2019

Good course, a bit rough fairways

Course greens are good, t-boxes are ok, but fairways are in need of attention. This day they were aerating so the fairways were pretty rough.
Seems pretty dry and could use some help.
I still like the course.

Surprise Surprise

Haven't played here since they had the attack of the worms and killed the fairways. I was really surprised about the condition of the course after all the reviews. The tee boxes were nice and the greens were nice and fast. The fairways were in pretty good shape as they are coming back. there were a few bare spots but I seemed to never be in them. Same goes for the rough. I don't think I was in the rough all day so I can't comment on them. A great day driving the ball. The front nine went very fast up to seventh hole. I was playing as a single. I had to wait to tee off the rest of the day. Still finished in 3 and a half hours. The group in front of me was a little slow but the two groups in front of them were really slow. The women playing with their husbands couldn't hit the ball more than 75 yards. They played the right tees but slowed everything down. Worth playing regardless

Commented On 02/01/2019

Thank you golf72forpar as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Eagle Dunes Golf Club in Sorrento, Florida.

Eustis, Florida
Grand Island, Florida
Apopka, Florida
Longwood, Florida

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.