Fox Hopyard Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Roger Rulewich (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.
Dress code Not permitted: silk screened tee shirts, shirts without sleeves for men, tank tops, tennis lengthed shorts, gym shorts, cut offs, blue jeans and inappropriate footwear.

• Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2018 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Connecticut (2018 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2016 #25)

A terrific course

Pristine conditions, Wonderful facilities, very helpful and friendly staff. Wonderful facilities, very helpful and friendly staff While I did not play my best, I very much enjoyed playing this course. It is a bit pricey given its remote location however I was able to get a great deal via GolfNow. The overall quality make the inflated prices almost negligible. Am excited to make a return visit and hopefully will not have to play alone as it’s far more enjoyable to play with others

Top 10 on courses that I have played

Was extremely impress with The golf course design. Felt like I was in two different parts of new England. Front side first five holes like playing in Vermont. The last three hole like play a links course on cape cod. The old negative thing about the course are the houses. I am just an old school player and don't like houses on golf courses. This was a bucket list golf course for me and I can't wait to play the course again.

Absolutely gorgeous course

What a treat, if you haven't played here you must make it a point to do so. This course is perfectly manicured from tee to green and beyond. The fairways are like luxury carpet and the greens roll smooth and true. I have played nearly 100 golf courses public and private and this course ranks in my top 3, even out ranking its sister course Crumpin Fox in Mass. As soon as you sit in their golf carts ( softest seats I've ever sat on) you'll know why you came. So go ahead and treat yourself to this magnificent course. You won't be disappointed.

A MUST play!!

Fox Hopyard is a fabulous course. The layout is very interesting, challenging but fair at all levels. I took a cart but I normally walk ( it was in the 90’s the day I played) it did seem as if it would be a challenging walk, not overly hilly but there are some long walks between holes. The condition of the course, range and putting green are top notch and the entire staff wonderful and friendly

Tee time only don't guarantee your spot

Had a 1:30 tee time from golf now website. Clubhouse attendant was rude making us tee off at 1:20 instead. I showed him the confirmation and he was a complete jerk saying it would put his friends out place. Be warned when booking online as it does not mean anything.

Response from Fox Hopyard Golf Club on 07/13/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Fox Hopyard Golf Club and for leaving us a review. We are sorry about any miscommunications regarding your tee time, and we apologize for pushing your tee time to an earlier time. We hope that you enjoyed the course, and we have made sure to share this with our staff. Thank you again for sharing your concerns.

Best in Connecticut

Love the course. Play when price is good. I drive 1 1/4 hour to play there and well worth it!

Design is quirky; Greens are silly.

Was very much looking forward to my first round st Fox Hopyard, having grown up in Connecticut but never played. I have to say that we were somewhat disappointed given our high expectations. The course conditions and amenities are great. Tee to green, I think the course is solid. Some interesting par 4s and par 5s. All of the par 3s are really long from the blues.

My problem with the course is the greens. They are (I) stupidly designed and (ii) subject to terrible pun placements. First, the undulations on the green are just plain silly. I don’t know if they were trying to protect the yardage of the course, but there are many points on these greens where good shots will be penalized. And that is no way to enjoy a round of golf. My bigger problem was the pin placements. Whoever set it up our day put at least 6 pins within 2 yards of the edge of the green, in places where it was absolutely impossible to stop the ball from the wrong side. Honestly, they were the worst/most penal pin placements I’ve ever seen in my entire life. It’s insane to me that a good course could and would be ruined by poor decision making by the staff.

I probably won’t return anytime soon, which is disappointing. Still, a solid track at an okay price point.

Top Course in area .

Nicest course in area by far . A bit pricey if you pay walk up rate but it’s probably worth it . Conditions are perfect . Course is tough but fair . Beautiful views . Staff is friendly . Plenty of facilities . Worth coming out of the way to play .

Great experience.

We had a great day at Fox Hopyard. It started with the pro shop being fantastic. Pro matched my buddy and I with another twosome that he thought would make a great foursome. He was spot on. We all had a blast. The pro started the day off right and it kept getting better.

The course was in fantastic shape with the greens really fast and true. Fairways were cut short and in great shape. We had a great back nine match with the other two guys that came down to the 18th. So much fun.

We got the hot deal of the day for around $50 and couldn’t have been any happier.

Fox Hopyard Golf

This is a really good layout, with very challenging situations for your short game. The staff was extremely friendly and most accommodating. Every hole is very different with a great mix of sort and long par fours. The only flaw was the bunkers were very rough, but they were working on several of them. One in our party also used rental clubs, which were brand new Rouge Callaways. Overall great experience!

Great course.

Like everyone else has said this place is awesome course,definitely a must play in CT.
I really liked the layout.it was challenging but playable.
Ron and Brian are very nice and helpful.
I'll be back again this summer.

Outstanding

Fabulous course with beautiful layout. In good shape, played it down. Great value for the $. A bit crowded, brief wait on every tee and in most fairways but still played in 4:25. Not from the area but would definitely play again if near.

Love playing this course, very fair, staff helpful and pleasant.

Fox hopyard is always great time !

You know when you see that first hole a gentle slider to the right that you are in for a treat. My friends often travel 2.5 hours to play 36 there. Great par 3’s and fun par 5’s. The only hole im not crazy for is 7 but maybe because it’s pretty hard!
Great lunch - get the tee time deal with meal. You won’t be disappointed at the Fox.. Oh they even handed out 25 off coupons because the pace of play was a little slow one day.

Must play this course

If there’s such a thing as a perfect golf course this is it. Spectacular experience. Just play there. You will be thrilled.

Deep River Center, Connecticut
Waterford, Connecticut
Clinton, Connecticut
Groton, Connecticut

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.