Fox Hopyard Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Roger Rulewich (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.
Dress code Not permitted: silk screened tee shirts, shirts without sleeves for men, tank tops, tennis lengthed shorts, gym shorts, cut offs, blue jeans and inappropriate footwear.

Restaurant

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Connecticut (2019 #10) (2018 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2018 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2016 #25)

Unbelievable course friendly staff

This course is a must play very challenging and lightning quick greens

Response from on 04/26/2019:
Thank you for making us one of your 'must plays' Chris! With all of the choices of courses to play in the area, we appreciate you coming to Fox Hopyard and are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your first round with us! Come back again soon!

Spring Training

Just beginning golf again in CT. now that winter is gone. Course was in decent shape considering the grass really hasn't started to grow yet. Greens were fast if you were above the hole. You couldn't really get a true roll because of recent aeration.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for coming out to Fox Hopyard for an early round this Spring, ZR1Z06! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back again throughout the 2019 season!

Always an enjoyable round of golf

This is my first round of golf this year playing at Fox Hopyard Golf Course. It was a rainy day but still had a nice round of golf. It was a “Hot Deal” and morning tee time. We were pleasantly greeted by the cart attendant at the bag drop off point, and checked in at the Pro Shop. The Pro Shop representative was pleasant and accommodating. The course was in great shape for early Spring. The tee boxes, fairways and greens were all in good condition. The bunkers were recently raked and the golf cart was clean and super comfortable. My wife and I finished our round in 3 hours.

Response from on 04/23/2019:
We're very happy to hear you enjoyed a great first round of this season at Fox Hopyard, Robert! Thank you for coming out to play another great round with us and we hope to see you and your wife back throughout the season!
Response from on 04/22/2019:
Thank you for rating another great round at Fox Hopyard, Dave! We're glad you enjoyed a great 5-star experience and will see you back throughout the 2019 season!

Hard but a great course

A excellent (and not to easy)very well designed and maintained course could play there every day

Response from on 04/22/2019:
We're glad you enjoyed the challenges the course presents here at Fox Hopyard, Dave! Thank you for your 5-stars!

Got expensive to play

I have enjoyed playing this course in the past. It has a great layout and kept in great shape. This year they seemed to have adopted a new pricing policy. They charge top dollar for off season rates. They no longer offer "Hot Deal" value rates. Maybe they're pressuring you to buy a Fox Pass card. That allows you to play for $75., which is still way above their Hot Deal rates from last year.

Response from on 04/15/2019:
Thank you for your feedback on your round, UDAMANN. We're glad you enjoyed the course layout and chose to play one of your first rounds of the season at Connecticut's top-ranked course. This time of year we strive to do our best to get the course ready for the season and hope you will keep an eye out for other specials and other opportunities to play us again throughout the year.
Commented on 10/28/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review!

Commented on 10/22/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, RDIII. We're glad you enjoyed your time at Fox Hopyard!

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Fox Hopyard Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and hope you join us for another round soon.

Condition of this golf course

Very beat up whole golf course, it use to be in great condition but not worth spending time and money for this course.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi Gianni. We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent experience. Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Fun and Challenging

Went as a single, paired up with another single. Played white tees per my partners choice. I would have preferred to play blues, white was just a bit short. However, elevation changes, sloped fairways and subtle movement on the greens still made this a challenging round. Had plenty of risk/reward choices. We were behind two walking threesomes, front was older men, directly ahead was older ladies. They all set up to hit quickly and moved along so our twosome only had to wait a few times. Course was in good shape except for white boxes were a bit worn out - what I would expect for this time of season with the hot weather over the last few weeks and it being the primarily played box. Greens were in great shape. Frequently saw course staff out repairing divots in fairways, watering greens and generally taking care of the course. Pro shop staff were friendly. Only issue I had was, when arriving I was told the group I was supposed to play with had already teed off and I would have to go out as a single (not sure if that meant the three old men or three old ladies). I was there 15 minutes before scheduled tee time. I don’t like playing alone but that’s what often happens when you show up as a single. Luckily another single showed up. Only saw beverage cart once the whole round. $72 to play via hot deal, I think value was good. Will play here again if price is right.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi Toz5. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, and always welcome feedback. Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Response from on 08/05/2019:
Hi Paulski92, we appreciate you reaching out to us with your review, and are surprised at your experience. If you would love to talk more about what we could do to boost your rating up to 5-stars, please reach out to us at the Club!

Great golf course

Played as a threesome pace of play was good,staff were all polite and helpful course was in great condition can never turn down an opportunity to play this course for less than $60

Response from on 07/31/2019:
Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard and rating your experience 5-stars! We appreciate you kind words about our staff and hope you will book another great round with us this summer! We have great twilight rounds for under $50 available too!
Response from on 07/16/2019:
We're glad you enjoyed the challenge and had a 5-star golf experience at Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

1st time playing

So many shots on so many different elevations. Ball always above or below your feet. Greens brutally fast & not enjoyable

Response from on 07/01/2019:
Thank you for your review of your first experience at Fox Hopyard, silverfox132. We're glad you came out, but hope you won't be discouraged from coming back. We hosted the State Amateur the same time you visited, so the greens may have been a little faster than you typically come to expect. You may never see them run at an 8, but despite the rain we saw a few 12+ during the tournament.

My first visit to the course left me impressed. It's a good challenge that makes you think about how to approach every hole. Dog legs par 5s that require positional appoach to reach the greens. Course was a bit wet due to recent rain, so most of the holes played longer. Looking forward to playing again later this year.

Response from on 05/24/2019:
We're happy to hear we made a great first impression, John! Thank you for your 5-star review and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon!
Response from on 05/20/2019:
Thank you for rating your first experience at Fox Hopyard 5-stars! We hope you'll be back to play another round with us again soon!
Response from on 05/13/2019:
Thank you for rating your first experience at Fox Hopyard, fangcanwin! We're glad you enjoyed your round and hope you will come back and play the course again soon!
Response from on 04/22/2019:
Thank you for your 5-star rating, phito49! We're happy to have you back for another great round at Fox Hopyard to kick off the season, and hope to see you again soon!
Deep River Center, Connecticut