Fox Hopyard Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Roger Rulewich (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.
Dress code Not permitted: silk screened tee shirts, shirts without sleeves for men, tank tops, tennis lengthed shorts, gym shorts, cut offs, blue jeans and inappropriate footwear.

Restaurant

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Connecticut (2019 #10) (2018 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2018 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2016 #25)

Fun and Challenging

Went as a single, paired up with another single. Played white tees per my partners choice. I would have preferred to play blues, white was just a bit short. However, elevation changes, sloped fairways and subtle movement on the greens still made this a challenging round. Had plenty of risk/reward choices. We were behind two walking threesomes, front was older men, directly ahead was older ladies. They all set up to hit quickly and moved along so our twosome only had to wait a few times. Course was in good shape except for white boxes were a bit worn out - what I would expect for this time of season with the hot weather over the last few weeks and it being the primarily played box. Greens were in great shape. Frequently saw course staff out repairing divots in fairways, watering greens and generally taking care of the course. Pro shop staff were friendly. Only issue I had was, when arriving I was told the group I was supposed to play with had already teed off and I would have to go out as a single (not sure if that meant the three old men or three old ladies). I was there 15 minutes before scheduled tee time. I don’t like playing alone but that’s what often happens when you show up as a single. Luckily another single showed up. Only saw beverage cart once the whole round. $72 to play via hot deal, I think value was good. Will play here again if price is right.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi Toz5. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, and always welcome feedback. Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Response from on 08/05/2019:
Hi Paulski92, we appreciate you reaching out to us with your review, and are surprised at your experience. If you would love to talk more about what we could do to boost your rating up to 5-stars, please reach out to us at the Club!

Great golf course

Played as a threesome pace of play was good,staff were all polite and helpful course was in great condition can never turn down an opportunity to play this course for less than $60

Response from on 07/31/2019:
Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard and rating your experience 5-stars! We appreciate you kind words about our staff and hope you will book another great round with us this summer! We have great twilight rounds for under $50 available too!
Response from on 07/16/2019:
We're glad you enjoyed the challenge and had a 5-star golf experience at Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

1st time playing

So many shots on so many different elevations. Ball always above or below your feet. Greens brutally fast & not enjoyable

Response from on 07/01/2019:
Thank you for your review of your first experience at Fox Hopyard, silverfox132. We're glad you came out, but hope you won't be discouraged from coming back. We hosted the State Amateur the same time you visited, so the greens may have been a little faster than you typically come to expect. You may never see them run at an 8, but despite the rain we saw a few 12+ during the tournament.

My first visit to the course left me impressed. It's a good challenge that makes you think about how to approach every hole. Dog legs par 5s that require positional appoach to reach the greens. Course was a bit wet due to recent rain, so most of the holes played longer. Looking forward to playing again later this year.

Response from on 05/24/2019:
We're happy to hear we made a great first impression, John! Thank you for your 5-star review and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon!
Response from on 05/20/2019:
Thank you for rating your first experience at Fox Hopyard 5-stars! We hope you'll be back to play another round with us again soon!
Response from on 05/13/2019:
Thank you for rating your first experience at Fox Hopyard, fangcanwin! We're glad you enjoyed your round and hope you will come back and play the course again soon!
Response from on 04/22/2019:
Thank you for your 5-star rating, phito49! We're happy to have you back for another great round at Fox Hopyard to kick off the season, and hope to see you again soon!

Fall golf

It is a challenge to play golf in mid-October in CT. There was a frost delay and we were able to start 30 minutes later than our original tee time. The course was in great shape. A lot of challenging tee boxes and pin placements as you would expect for this time of year.

Top notch

Fox Hopyard and crumpin Fox are top notch public championships courses. Staff is great. All services and good practice area. Course is in good condition for this late in the season

Great Layout

Weather was perfect to play a great course like this place. Greens were perfect and true. One of the best layouts in CT. Fairways were prestine. Just pricey but you get what you pay for so I’m satisfied.

Amazing course!!!!!!

I love playing this course. It is always in great conditions. The course itself is a fun and challenging course that always makes you want to play again and again.

Great scenery

Best course in the area. Very tough course. If you're not hitting well you'll probably go through a lot of balls. I definitely recommend this and definitely play it again.

First timer!

Did a GN Hot Deal with a friend. Played from the blues. I can’t wait to play it again. Poor course management on my part. Love the layout! Staff was very friendly. Didn’t eat so it was just a round of golf. Course was in late August shape I should say, it looked like it’s been played on. Not much else to say. With the 40 days and 40 nights of non stop rain we’ve had this summer the areas where drains are in fairways had some rough spots but all in all, well kept course. We were able to play as just a 2some as the other guys didn’t show for the deal. Need another hot deal and to take a little better care in my shot decisions. But! I eagled the last hole! Highlight of the round.

Enjoyable Round

The course was in great shape despite all the rain we've had this month. Greens were fast but consistent. Their new golf carts are really nice.

Nice Layout

The course is not long, being just 6500 yards from the blue tees. But the course has some tough holes. the par 3's on the back are all long. There are some tight driving holes, particularly on the front, but it is an enjoyable layout. There were some spots in the fairways that weren't in great shape, and that surprised me. I thought it would be in better shape. Even the greens weren't as nice as I was expecting, particularly for the price. I enjoyed the course, and the pace was very good, but that was probably because there was a lot of rain in the forecast that kept people away.

Deep River Center, Connecticut