Style Links/Parkland
Tournament 71 6308 yards 69.7 124
Combo 71 5427 yards 65.8 116
Fast 71 3641 yards 59.4 101
Scorecard for Empire Ranch Golf Club
Blue M: 71.5/127 384 176 504 404 333 402 582 171 386 3342 357 553 163 469 396 547 186 444 211 3326 6668
Tournament M: 69.7/124 364 176 504 366 333 368 538 171 386 3206 357 516 163 352 396 547 167 413 191 3102 6308
White M: 68.5/122 W: 73.6/124 364 151 472 366 311 368 538 153 343 3066 329 516 126 352 378 518 167 413 191 2990 6056
White/Red M: 65.8/116 325 151 399 366 311 316 390 153 343 2754 292 431 126 352 378 461 107 413 113 2673 5427
Red M: 64.1/112 W: 68.0/113 325 106 399 321 276 316 390 96 332 2561 292 431 92 309 319 461 107 351 113 2475 5036
Fast W: 59.4/101 249 106 297 265 197 214 287 96 224 1935 175 312 92 213 206 255 107 233 113 1706 3641

Year Built 2002
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Brad Bell (2002)

Commented On 2019-02-11T16:32:04.000+00:00

Great! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Great layout!!

Had great round! Only $15 because of the heavy rains. Course drains well though. Very few people out there today. Finished 18 in 2 hrs! Rare opportunity for such a great course.

Commented On 2019-02-08T15:22:28.000+00:00

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us despite the heavy rains. We're glad that you got to play at a good pace and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Empire Ranch!

I'm a 14 handicap. Really fun but challenging course. Lots of blind Tee and approach shots, so will be better when I play again. It rained almost an inch last night and was cart path only but course was in shockingly good condition. They closed the restaurant/bar b4 we made the turn which was around 1:50pm. Will play again

Commented On 2019-01-09T20:24:22.000+00:00

Terrific! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course despite all the rain we've had. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Empire Ranch!

Good track, nice greens, fun finishing hole.

Enjoy playing here, and while the driver may not always be the best choice off the tee, the layout never takes the driver "out of your hands". Greens roll true and are deceptively fast, and without severe undulation; bunkers and tees are generally well maintained. Long par 3 from a very high elevation is a fun finishing hole. One of my favorite area tracks.

Commented On 2019-01-09T20:22:49.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round with us and the challenge our layout presented. We're honored that we're one of your favorites and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Golf Now nightmare

Had a 1:00 tee time though Golf Now, didn’t tee off until 2:00 they over book tee times and had to wait for a Cart. Wasn’t a good Day!

Commented On 2018-12-27T16:13:31.000+00:00

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and we appreciate your feedback. We would love the chance to learn more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at empireranchgolf@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

December golf

Beautiful day, awesome course conditions...what more could you ask for in December???

Commented On 2018-12-21T15:08:58.000+00:00

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Empire Ranch!

Played here several times a year and never had one bad experience

Commented On 2018-12-17T14:40:13.000+00:00

Great! We're glad that you continue to enjoy your experiences with us over the years and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Great course lay-out.

The grounds were in excellent condition, especially the greens.

The Pro Shop staff are friendly & inviting. They made me feel welcomed.

The pace of play was painful. There was a fivesome two groups ahead. (Fivesomes ahould be prohibited...Didn’t get to play the last 4 holes.))

I look forward to my next visit!

Commented On 2018-11-13T21:43:10.000+00:00

Fantastic! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and we appreciate your review. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Empire Ranch!

Great Day, Great Golf (almost)

Beautiful weather. A few areas under repair; but the greens were lightening fast. Fairways overall good. Covered the 18 right exactly on course time. Great day!

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you were able to play at a good pace. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Empire Ranch!

surprize

The course was in surprisingly good shape after tournament in the morning.Greens were decent even after all the traffic .Took about 4.5 hours which was a little slow but was a beautiful day

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations despite the tournament play before you round. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon!

Checking out a new course

Since I was in the area for a business dinner, I thought I would try out this course. It was perfect for location as I got to play 18 holes and make my dinner with time to spare. I hooked up with three other players and we all had the same skill level. I can see myself playing this course again in the future.

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and that you were able to play at a good pace. We're pleased that you enjoyed the group you played with and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Enjoyed the round. Greens in good condition! A few holes under repair, but overall in good shape. Lots of water available. Will play again

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 10/03/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Difficulty

The conditions good. I am a high handicap guy and the course is very challenging for me. It is difficult for me to warrant spending the money and not playing well.

Thanks Wes

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
Great! Were glad that our course conditions met your expectations, but we apologize that you didn't enjoy the challenge of our layout. We appreciate your review and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Shade

The day we played, it was very hot. (100) There is very little shade at the T locations. When play gets a little slow, you are left baking in the sun, waiting for the fairway/green to clear. Not fun.

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 10/01/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us but we apologize that you didn't have much shade. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Goose poop

The course is in pretty good shape. It was a very good value. The only issue is the goose droppings EVERYWHERE they need to hire a dog to chase the geese away. You step in it and on the greens the ball road through it. Yuk

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!

Empire Ranch survives because it is the only game in town in the Folsom/EDH area.

ER is a decent track, but in mediocre shape, with mediocre service. Parts of the course are in great shape. Parts are in terrible shape. Greens are usually slow and bumpy. It's pretty clear that ER's parent corp (Clubcorp) isn't putting much money into the course, as it has deteriorated significantly over the past couple of years. For example, in a number of places, cartpaths have degenerated to the point where there are large potholes and tree roots pushing up the paths -- in some places they are almost dangerous to drive on.

But the worst part of ER is the pace of play. On weekends, they pack people on the course, almost always resulting in a pace of play at about 5 1/2 hours. And the staff makes almost no effort to improve things by moving people along. (About once a year, I play ER on a weekend, and am quickly reminded why I don't play ER on a weekend). Well, they do put a little card on your cart telling you what your 'time par' is for each hole -- but without marshals out on the course enforcing it, the card becomes just a sad reminder of how far behind you are...

On top of that, they regularly pack the course with tournaments, while still selling tee times on top of that. These tournaments make the pace of play even worse -- and sometimes result in drunk, rowdy patrons out on the course.

For example, today I played while the course was hosting a fundraising tournament for a local high school wrestling tournament parents org. This group was not only slow, but drunk and rowdy by the end of the afternoon. To that point where some of the participants were driving carts on greens, and drunkenly driving carts the wrong way up holes, saying they were "looking for the 18th hole". I have nothing against people having fun (and raising money). But the host club shouldn't get greedy and sell regular public tee times on top of that. Close the course and let the group have fun, without taking my money for a crappy experience at the same time. Or at least warn people ahead of time so they can make an informed decision...

In the end, I think people play ER mainly because it's close. But there are much nicer courses 30~35 minutes away that get you around in an hour or more faster. So the drive time is offset by the play time (on a better course). Drive to one of those on the weekend, and use ER for what it's best for -- a quick nine after work during the week.

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations and that the pace of play was slow. We strive to ensure all of our guests enjoy their experience with us and we appreciate your feedback. We would love to learn more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at empireranchgolf@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Okay course kind of squeezed into a weird property. Good deal at twilight. The golf carts are old had to have 3 replacements on 18 holes rediculous.

This course is fine for an early afternoon play at $24 including cart. We went through numerous carts broke down. Very disappointed.

Food average. Service average.

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We apologize that you had numerous carts break down on you and we appreciate your patience. We look forward to having you back again for your next round!

Fantastic greens!

In a time of year where many courses allow the greens to be maintained at around 5 on the stimp, ERanch has them rolling wonderfully. Needing an abundance of water to allow for this, it was well worth navigating through some soggy spots tee to green. Had a very enjoyable early AM round where the staff in the restaurant was pleasing and efficient.

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Empire Ranch

Greens in exceptional condition for this time of year. Fairways had some soft spots, Wet sand in some of the traps, which just tells me that are making sure they don't lose any of the course to the 100 degree heat we have been having the past 3 weeks.

Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Terrific! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Empire Ranch!
Response from Empire Ranch Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Outstanding! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!
El Dorado Hills, California