TPC Dorado Beach - Sugarcane

Championship 72 7119 yards 75.4 136
Men’s 72 6032 yards 70.3 129
Women’s 72 5283 yards 72.0 128
Scorecard for Sugarcane Course
Gold M: 74.9/131 390 400 420 200 425 530 405 215 510 3495 380 410 542 230 502 490 195 410 465 3624 7119
Blue M: 73.1/123 375 380 390 170 400 520 390 190 500 3315 315 390 511 175 440 425 170 390 440 3256 6571
White M: 70.7/121 W: 71.7/123 355 350 330 160 350 505 370 165 490 3075 290 355 450 155 417 375 150 370 395 2957 6032
Red M: 66.1/111 W: 67.1/113 315 325 300 120 330 460 325 115 410 2700 260 295 411 120 367 345 105 340 340 2583 5283

Year Built 1972
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1972)

Caddies Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Great play

Although there was some repair in the sidelines I thought the course beautiful and challenging

I loved it - played twilight

No value

Too simple. Course and Course conditions was no good. No value to play

First time at Sugarcane - won't be the last

Course was in very good condition and the staff are super friendly and helpful. I was a solo at 8:40 and ended up catching a 4-some a few holes later. They immediately let me play through. Then I played w/ another solo on the back and enjoyed a more leisurely back 9, following a walking 4-some. Total time elapsed was just over 3 hours. Great!

I played the whites based on the slope and course rating. I normally play a course that is only 100 yrds longer and has a lower slope. I came in way under my handicap on the first time. Next time I'll play the blues. Easier than the scorecard indicates IMO.

TPC Sugarcane is a great choice if you are in the Dorado area

We played TPC Plantation Pineapple the first day. The course was in good condition except the bunkers which had little, if any, actual sand so we declared them ground under repair. Next, we played the TC Plantation Sugarcane course and the course and bunkers were in excellent condition. We played Sugarcane a second time because we enjoyed it so much. The staff was very friendly and suggested we could tee off early if we wanted.

Caribbean TPC

I'm a local PR resident & play Dorado often. I just hate the prices. Especially when it's really muddy. It's the lesser of the 3 courses. Needs some work in the rough areas. The bunkers are hard and full of rocks, yes rocks. The place is beautiful, cannot deny it. Just wish you get what you really pay for.

Great Couse

Great Course Layout The Assitant Pro Ronald was Very Helpful Courteous and Professional It a Challenging But Fair Golf Course. The Overall yardage doesn't Seem Long but the ball doesn't travel as far in the air, So it's plenty Long from the Hold tees. ( don't let the yardage fool you ) Take more Club. At the Twillight rate at 3:00pm of $63.00 you can't beat it Regular rates was $178.00 I played the Plantation Sugarcane Course, Tackling The East Course On Saturday where the Hosted " The Big Break " at. I was booked for the Sugarcane Course again but the staff was really friendly and offered the east up So I'm taking it.

Good

Good, good, good, will have good day playing golf.

Great Service

Great course, challenging and fun!!! The staff is over the top. Beautiful facilities. Is you plan to play in Puerto Rico you must play at Dorado.

Great facilities, challenging course

I know it's been discussed but if it's your first time playing in Puerto Rico expect ridiculous winds. Course was aerated recently but the greens were still quick. Overall great complex, looking forward to playing the other courses.

Fantastic course

The course was in amazing condition. The clubhouse is gorgeous and the staff could not friendlier or more helpful. The twilight greens fees were very reasonable, especially considering the free range balls, tees and water bottles. The course is challenging yet not frustrating to play even for a novice golfer.

Great facility

I booked this for the twilight rate for a fousome. Played nice and fast, which was good since the sun sets around 6:50. Course was in good shape and fun to play. Played with my wife, son and daughter - son is a scratch player and the rest of us are decent and it was equally fun for all of us! I'd recommend this course and facility.

Ehh..

Clubhouse is nice, good chipping area and driving range with unlimited Titliest NXT Tours. Course was not in good shape, lots of brown patches everywhere. Greens were aerated and very bumpy...they could use a top dressing. Course was boring with little character, had no idea where most holes went. Luckily it was a ghost town so I was able to drive the hole then drive back to the tee. I mean the course is not the worst place i've played before but at 85 bucks I do expect a nice place and it wasn't worth the price.

Flat but well taken care of course

The course was well manicured the fairways, greens, and tee boxes all in good shape. Not much of any elevation change. No ocean views to speak of. Booked on golfnow for $88 so it was worth it, don't know how I'd feel if I payed full price. There is some water but not much danger of losing a bunch of balls. Ran in to a group of 4 young kids playing some kind of league or tournament but went around them then went back and played the hole I skipped, and finished my round in a little less than 3 hours so pace was good. If I go back to dorado I'd probably try one of their other courses but it was a fun round.

Beautiful Course

this was my first time at this course. It was beautiful as advertised. Course conditions were in great shape. However, for anyone who has played golf in Puerto Rico, it can get quite windy in the afternoons. The facility was beautiful and Staff were extremely friendly. I would recommend this course to anyone. It was quite challenging in some parts, but overall well worth the price I paid. The only issue I had, was a slow pace of play for five or six holes. There was a two some with three little girls playing with them they were very slow and did not wave me through

Wet but otherwise very good

Sunny and very warm. Very nice club house and friendly staff. Very wet conditions so practice area was closed. But fairways and greens were relatively dry. Cart paths only. Course is very nice shape if one stays on fairways. Much better than pineapple course in my opinion.

Tight Course

After a very scenic trip getting there from San Juan I was welcomed by the friendly staff. The free practice facilities were in very good condition. There was a tournament going on on another course so Sugarcane was pretty free of traffic. I was playing by myself and only caught the 4 ahead of me on the 16th hole. The fairways are narrow and in great condition other than a couple which had areas that were wet. The greens were in great shape with plenty of turn but soft enough to land the ball comfortably. After the round the staff were very good again offering cold towels and rides back to the car. The club house is very well maintained with friendly staff. I will be going again next weekend.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019