Type Private

Panama Country Club is situated on the Intracoastal Waterway along the Gulf of Mexico. Donald Ross designed the golf course in 1927. Eight of the holes still reflect his original work. The fairways range in size from narrow to medium width and they are strategically routed through the natural features of the environment, not only preserving them but also allowing them to come into play. The course is mostly flat, making it pleasant to walk, but there are a few subtle contours that provide a challenging element to the layout. A number of holes also feature water hazards. The small greens play fast, indicative of the era in which they were built. Panama Country Club's greens are in consistently good condition year-round thanks to a 2005 resurfacing project.

Panama Country Club

Year Built 1927
Greens Tifdwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Donald Ross (1927) MacCurrach Golf

Clubs No

Walking Allowed No

Considering Hurricane Michael affects from last year
the fairways and greens are in great shape.
The amenities are still in the process of being repaired or
rebuilt

conditions

course in great condition. greens are firm and fast and roll very true

Always a great course to play

The course is great condition considering what they’ve been thru. The greens are fast and the fairways are nice. Last October a category 5 hurricane went thru and took out a lot trees and did a lot of damage. This is a great course and I’m thankful that they are back up and running

New Course

After the storm last year the course is in great shape. All the pine trees are gone, but the course is still a challenge. the Ross greens are true Ross!

Panama Country Club

Great round today. No complaints except for the score!

Panama country club

It was freezing today and were the only golfers on the course. Fairways and greens are in good shape. The course is slowly coming back after the hurricane damage. Because we were the only people playing, we were able to start early and finish before sundown!

Nice to be back at panama country club

Our first time golfing there since the hurricane. It’s a bit different without all the trees gone but the course is in great shape

Course Condition

The rating is based on the current condition of the course. Last years hurricane did tremendous damage to the course. 99% of the trees were lost. The greens are new and in perfect condition. The fairways are clear and are regaining their original condition. The only downside is many of the hazards are not well marked and can surprise you if you are not observant. Will be playing this course as often as possible.

this course has an interesting layout. The course was devasted by Hurricane Micheal and lost probably 90% of its trees. Still doing some cleanup form the storm. The course will play less difficult than its rating because of the loss of the trees.

Great day on the course

Hurricane Michael completely changed the course forever, but I was impressed at how well they have brought the course back. Almost all the trees are missing, which is unfortunate, but the greens were nearly flawless. The weather was awesome and the course play made a very enjoyable day for golf. I will be back.

Panama Country club

This was+the first time we played this course since hurricane. The course is in remarkable shape but there are so many trees missing! We had a great round!

Cart Path Only

Had received a lot of rain over the day or two before, but it wasn't really necessary. Most courses in this area drain pretty well and pretty fast. In any case the only thing it really hurt was my forgetting to carry the divot sand with me, and I was way to lazy to walk back across just to put some sand in. I have done a couple reviews on this course over the last few weeks and I have failed to put in one comment. There needs to be better markers at the 100, 150 and maybe 200 yard distances. A fresh painted stripe on the cart path or a small stake at the edge of the cart path is all that is really needed.

Great Post Hurricane Michael Course

The condition of the tees, fairways and greens are phenomenal. Considering a major hurricane swept through the area just 1 year ago, the maintenance and course staff should be highly commended. I think I made it more difficult than it is, but it does have some difficulty to it. Played the white tees at just over 6,200 yards, and maybe it is too much. We usually play around 6,000, but we felt the next forward tees were too short at just under 5,700. All in all a great day, and I hope to be back. Only issue for the course is, I would like to see another rake at each trap. Seemed like every time I was in one the rack was a long way out of the way. I also would think a fee for a single rider along for the company should be more reasonable than $22.50. Especially on a week day in the off season without a crowd present.

Hoosier Daddy

Played by myself was behind a threesome and a foursome 1st group let me through on 1st par 3 second on 2nd par 3 after that was clear sailing considering the hurricane damage course was very playable had a great time staff was friendly and courteous will play here again next time I'm in the area

First time back since Hurricane Michael

It was very disheartening to see the loss of trees as a result of the Hurricane. Although they are now operating out of a temporary trailer, the course was in spectacular condition. The tees, fairways and greens were in great shape. I believe they were better than any of the courses I played in the area. I plan to play again soon, and my best go out to the entire staff for their efforts getting this course up and running in such good condition after the hurricane.

Fun to play

I’ve been at the beach for several weeks and this was my second trip to Panama CC. The course was private pre-Hurricane Michael but now open to the public. Booked on GolfNow. A Donald Ross design, they lost thousands of trees which means it’s wide open now. Still a lot of evidence of damage especially to the cart paths. Greens were excellent and fairways very good. There are quite a few black fox squirrels that run over the course, not sure if the lack of trees is an issue but I had several approach in what appeared to be an aggressive manner. Apparently many of the members feed them so that’s why they approach. It got on my nerves several times but now that I know I’ll bring a bag of peanuts next time to distract them. Give this course a try, staff is very friendly and they are trying hard to get the place back, you won’t be disappointed.

Considering the devastation from Hurricane Michael the course was in good shape. Unfortunately the clubhouse sustained extensive damage and is not open, but we had an enjoyable round and will play again

So sad the devistation

1st time playing this track since Michael. They have made huge strides in putting this classic Ross design back together in 1 year from the Hurricane. The staff was outstanding and the new greens are coming in. Just such a different place without all the oaks and pines. We plan to return as often as possible to play and support thier efforts of rebuilding. 5 Stars for effort and hard work to the entire staff

Devastated from Hurricane Michael

I came to PCB to relax and play some golf. I realized PCCC was private and know open to public so I took the opportunity to play. I got a $20, deal with Golf Now so I was not expecting a great deal. Being a Donald Ross design, they lost thousands of trees which means it’s wide open now. Some of the holes were difficult to figure out, but on the other hand several holes became easier as there was no trees and you could hit move drivers. From tee to green the course is one of the best in PCB. Greens were excellent and fairways very good. Tee boxes and bunkers were in great shape. Give this course a try, staff is very friendly and they are trying hard to get the place back, you won’t be disappointed. I had also played Bay Point Nicklaus Course and the greens at PCCC we’re better.

Good layout

The course was devastated by a hurricane a year ago. They have redone all the greens, working on rough and tree losses. Looks like the clubhouse has been gutted, would like to see it when its redone.

Lynn Haven, Florida