Type Private
Panama Country Club is situated on the Intracoastal Waterway along the Gulf of Mexico. Donald Ross designed the golf course in 1927. Eight of the holes still reflect his original work. The fairways range in size from narrow to medium width and they are strategically routed through the natural features of the environment, not only preserving them but also allowing them to come into play. The course is mostly flat, making it pleasant to walk, but there are a few subtle contours that provide a challenging element to the layout. A number of holes also feature water hazards. The small greens play fast, indicative of the era in which they were built. Panama Country Club's greens are in consistently good condition year-round thanks to a 2005 resurfacing project.
Panama Country Club
Scorecard for Panama
Blue M: 72.1/125 441 391 203 319 489 351 153 416 528 3291 344 191 387 412 488 374 401 213 508 3318 6609
White M: 70.6/122 420 372 181 292 467 340 134 403 503 3112 329 171 365 397 474 364 393 199 494 3186 6298
Gold M: 67.7/116 360 355 171 285 425 320 115 333 450 2814 315 161 320 346 423 309 353 170 446 2843 5657
Red W: 70.8/123 349 347 161 276 397 309 99 312 428 2678 258 151 310 316 397 305 309 159 400 2605 5283

Year Built 1927
Greens Tifdwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Donald Ross (1927) MacCurrach Golf

Clubs No

Walking Allowed No

Played On 07/17/2018
Played On 07/16/2018

Great course.

Nice course beautiful scenery with challenging greens guarded by pesky bunkers
Pace of Play Good
Course Conditions Excellent
Played On 07/14/2018

Very enjoyable

The course was in great shape. The only thing I wish the'd do is soften up the greens. The speed is fine, they just won't hold a shot. You think you've hit one close and it bounces over the green. Fairways are awesome. We will defiantly be back many many times.
Played On 07/14/2018

Friendly staff, good course, great fairways, green a bit rough, but overall very nice.
Played On 07/12/2018

Nice Pace of Play But

First time at this course. There was a smell all around the course - maybe from some recent fertilizer? Yamaha golf carts are nice, little attitude from check in staff in pro shop. Don’t think he likes people who use Golf now and prepay to visit the course since he made the comment that it was bad for Golf Courses. Golf Now has brought me to courses that I wouldn’t normally know about or possibly play. My daughter and wife like to tag along for the round with my son and I and this was the first time at any golf course we have been asked to pay an extra fee since they were riding - even though we both paid for an 18 hole round with a cart each. The guy in the shop mentioned they had only so many carts. We were to be paired with another twosome, but after waiting on the tee for 10 min, I called the pro shop to find out that they had already teed off. We did have a nice pace of play, as no other group of players was behind us for the entire round. There was also plenty of carts available when we returned from our round so I do feel like charging me extra wasn’t right... He could look at his log sheet to make a good jugement call in the cart issue. Other than that little issue, we enjoyed our day and enjoyed seeing all the friendly fox squirrels. This will probably keep me from revisiting this course, as due to the distance I had to travel along with the extra charge, no advantage for me to come back.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Played On 07/10/2018

Greens

Course was in great shape except the greens! Completely unresettive.....the bounce with a sand wedge from a 105 yards out would travel 15’! Greens made course unplayable, pity cause everything else was great!
Played On 07/09/2018

don't waste your time

found "hot deal" for $46. regular rate at course is $45 including range balls. after i waited 10 mins alone in the pro shop, i paid an extra $5 for balls and guy told me i should've just called and not to bother with golfnow.com. tee'd off alone as twosome i was paired with didn't show. i was behind a 5some of members but, they actually played pretty fast. they seemed as irritated as i was though that the greens had all been aerated and topped with sand. also, there were no flags on 16 of 18 holes and not even any holes at all on at least 12. instead there were foam plugs where holes used to be. the grass on the tee boxes were also taller than the tees themselves. i complained to the guy in the pro shop after the round. he said he already had a few complaints and that he didn't know they were aerating that day. he gave me the head pro's number and assured me he would "work something out with me." i called 3 times. no answer and no vm.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Course Layout Fair
Played On 07/04/2018
Played On 06/23/2018

A little frustrating

The course was in great shape, although the greens did not hold anything. The frustration came from tbe fact that I was told I would joining a group of three. I got to the first tee at the tee time and there was a foursome just going off, another twosome puked up saying they did not have a tee time, they were just squeezing in, and the group I was supposed to play with were nowhere to be found. Ended up playing by myself which meant I was catching up to those in front of me. I played thru, but it was very frustrating experience all around.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Average
Played On 06/21/2018

Bang for your Buck

Great course for your money. Opened to the public recently (2018 I believe) and for a $35 hot deal it was worth it. I played on a Thursday morning around 9:30. Does look like it is pretty busy early in the morning with members but I had no issues with pace of play. Played by myself and only waited on one hole before the group ahead let me play through. Course was in good shape and worth what I paid. We stay in Panama City Beach for vacation every year and this course is in Lynn Haven so it was about a 25-30 minute drive from Thomas Drive. Just watch out for the squirrels, they will jump in your cart and want a free ride!
Pace of Play Good

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2018
Pala Mesa Golf Resort is a California-Ranch style hotel located between Temecula wine country and the scenic North County region of San Diego.This package includes Deluxe accommodations and unlimited golf for two days! Nestled among hillsides and rolling fairways, our Temecula golf resort provides an urban escape offering the perfect setting for a leisure getaway with a championship golf course where personalized service, attention to detail and exceptional cuisine blend to create memorable experiences.