Type Military

Year Built 1986
Architect Ron Garl

Dress code Golf attire required, Shirts with collars and sleeves must be worn at all times

Course did not honor the GolfNow rate

This was my second time using golfnow to play this course which is on the MacDill Air Force base. Upon checkin the attendant in the pro shop claimed They had my tee time but didn't see I booked through golfnow and proceeded to charge me the civilian rate of $45. I explained I booked a rate of $37 through golfnow and showed the corresponding email. That price was not honored for what ever reason. Please beware of these tactics employed by their pro shop. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to call golfnow during this transaction.

Commented on 02/01/2018

Should have elevated it to the manager as I am sure that he would have honored it. Not sure why the counter attendant was being such butt head!!!!!!

Awesome Conditions

Even though they just aerated the greens, they did such a good job finishing that putts still rolled true. The fairways are almost "resort like". Many times in the fairway my ball was sitting up like it was on stiff shag carpet; I could almost see the whole ball. You won't be sorry if you go play this one!

Loved playing here

What a great track! Beautiful layout. No weak holes and is incredibly scenic. These greens were the best of all the courses I played during my stay. Maybe it was a fluke but the course was not crowded and we played in less than 4 hours.

I will definitely be back.

Our New Fave Course!

What a thrill it was to discover Bay Palms! We played the south course and were blown away by the course. The conditions of the fairways and greens, pace of play and courteous staff were beyond compare. Additionally, ithe magnificent bay view as a backdrop to our play was breath taking! While this is an hour from our home, we will definitely be back!

very nice

We played 5 rounds on our recent visit and this course was the best that we experienced. Pace of play was perfect and course was in very good condition especially in contrast with some of the others we played. We would definitely return again.

a little piece of heaven

this course is beautiful. the greens were fast and consistent. the fairways were in perfect shape.a few of the tee boxes showed signs of wear.however it is the natural setting of the course along the bay on bayshore blvd that was most impressive.with abundant wildlife and many ponds it became an experience to remember.MAKE SURE TOFOLLOW THE RULES
FOR ADMITTANCE TO THE BASE OR YOU WILL NOT PLAY HERE . It is worth the effort to play this fine course. if you never have played here you are missing out The men and women onthis base who do such a great job protecting us deserve a course of this caliper and it was a wonderful experience that i hope to duplicate soon

First class golf course in excellent codition.

This was my first time at this South Course. Greens were perfect. Fairways in great shape. Very few sand traps. Lots of water but most do not come into play. The layout was very nice. Views of Tampa Bay on multiple holes. The staff was very friendly. The military police at the gate were exceptionally nice and very professional. I will definitely play this course every time I'm in the Tampa area.

A hidden gem was concerned about it being a 8:00 am shotgun start no worries played in 4 hours and never waited. Greens were the best around will be back

Def com 5

This course is on an active Air Force base and is really pretty incredible. Neat, groomed well, incredible personnel so polite. Just like our military, something to be very proud of. My only issue is why GolfNow shows tee times for reservation that are well within the advance booking requirement in order to clear security for admission to the course! Again, I have no issue with any requirements an active military base has for the privilege to come on base. I have an issue with GolfNow showing any tee times for booking that are within the time required to gain security clearance.

Great Value

The weather was not the best windy and cool. Being from Maine it did not phase me all that much and wind for me is all part of golf. It is a very good course and a fun day of golf. And not one house in sight.

Beautiful course with great views.

The South "Bay" Course is a challenging course with multiple carries over or around water features. The greens are perfect. The staff is super friendly and genuinely want you to enjoy your experience at their course. The carts all have GPS which aid in club selection and pace of play. You won't regret playing this course!

Mac Dill AFB, Florida