Lincoln Hills Golf Club - Hills

Year Built 1999
Greens Rye grass
Architect Greg Nash (1999) Billy Casper (1999)

This is one, actually two of the best courses I've played in Northen California. You get the country club feel from a public course. I highly reccomend both the Hills and the Orchard the two courses are great for beginners as well as veteran players. I am still a pretty new player and i always leave there feeling very pleased with my game. The fairways and greens are kept up very nicely, some of the holes are a little challenging. I really love playing here all the way from the super friendly staff, the carports to park under, and of course the super stylish new golf carts. If I have any gripes at all it would be there is no turn around at the 9th hole so So make sure you get the bathroom code it can feel like a long day when you reach the 18th hole. Overall, you can't beat this place for your money. First class all the way!!

Slllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww!!

They sell way too many tee times for how the course plays. They basically just take anyones money and says “go for it”.... I have never played a course soo crowded and slow. Prolly wont be back. Which sucks cause the course is great.

Commented On 09/03/2019

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We value your feedback, and use your experience to improve our performance. We hope to see you again in the future.

Fun At The Hills

I've played The Hills Course at Lincoln Hills Many Times and it NEVER disappoints!

Commented On 09/03/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review and kind words. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

A very nice playable course.

The course was in great shape. This is a forgiving course that lets you play and doesn’t penalize if you stray a bit. To be honest, we played with a resident who knew the course and gave us many helpful tips on where to hit the ball for the best next shot. I would definitely like to play the course again.

Commented On 05/21/2019

Thank you for posting a 4 star review. The team loves hearing comments like yours. We appreciate your insights and support. Hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/13/2019

Sammor, Thank you for posting a 5 star review! Our team work hard to ensure that our guests have a great time and it's rewarding when we get feedback like this. Hope to see you again soon.

Sand traps

I love the course, but the sand traps have always been terrible. Seems like a simple raking would help them dry out & be more fair.. I usually take them out due to rock like conditions.

Commented On 05/06/2019

Thank you for posting a 4 star review. We love hearing that you love the course. We will continue working on ways to keep improving the conditions to provide the best experience. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Lincoln Hills

Great course to play. Friendly atmosphere and beautiful water features. Ducks will not move out of the way.

Commented On 04/24/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review and comments. We appreciate your kind words about the friendliness and beauty found at Lincoln Hills. Ducks have a mind of their own, don't they :) Hope to see you again soon!

Commented On 03/26/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the 5 star Excellent rating. We all work hard to help our guests have the best experience possible and it feels good to see reviews like yours. Hope to see you again soon.

Great Round of Golf

Played the Hills Course today I had a good round and really enjoyed the course. Had some challenges reading the greens but it just takes some practice................

Commented On 03/26/2019

Thank you for posting a 5 star excellent review. We love hearing that our guests are having a great time. Hope to see you again soon.

Good. Not Great.

PROS: Great break in weather so it was nice to get out on this sunny day. Rate was $35 instead of the normal higher rates. A very fun course with nice layout.

CONS: Very slow pace. There was a group of five slowing down about four groups behind them. Took marshall a long time to respond. Had to wait on over half the tees and a number of 2nd shots. Only saw cart girl once as she had to work both courses. Some soggy areas so very muddy but this was due to the weather the days before, however there was a large coned off area next to the 16th green that had a broken water pipe that was flooding the cart path and rough.

Overall I walked away saying that was a fun day of golf. Completed round in 4.5 hours before dark.

Commented On 02/25/2019

Thank you so much for your 4 star review. We appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you back soon.

Commented On 07/29/2019

Thank you Jerry for your review. We value your feedback, and would love to hear directly from you on how we can improve your experience. If you have a moment please provide additional feedback at info@lincolnhillsgolfclub.com We hope to see you back soon.

Green inconsistent

The greens were Extremely slow up hill, super fast down hill. Grain was ridiculously bad on the greens. The recent weather was probably a factor. Big fairways, huge greens, no rough. Grip it and rip it.

Commented On 02/25/2019

Thank you for the review and comments. We use your feedback to help improve the experience that we deliver our guests. We'll look into what may have caused the greens to behave that way. Hope to see you again soon!

Slow Play

I normally don’t write reviews, but find it necessary today. The course is fun and in pretty good shape. However, I had a 12:06 pm Tee time. When I arrived at the clubhouse at 11:40 to check in I was asked if I wanted a bucket of balls in which I replied, no thanks, I don’t think I have enough time. At that moment the CSR should have informed me they were running 45 minutes behind. Had he told me I wouldn’t be starting until 12:50, I would have cancelled my game. and just ordered a bucket of balls. There was a 4some ahead of us that had no idea how to play ready golf, and no marshal to point them in the right direction. I made my tee time early enough that I could finish a full round of golf, however was not able to play the last 3 holes. I have had similar problems with Lincoln Hills Golf Club in the past. It will be the last time I play there.

Commented On 01/03/2019

Thank you Wfhsteven1 for the review and feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience and we'd like to hear more from you. Please contact me directly at info@lincolnhillsgolfclub.com Thank you!

Commented On 01/03/2019

Thank you BFM82 for the 5 star review and feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 12/12/2018

Thank you for your 3 star review. We want our guests to have a great all around golf experience and continue to use feedback to hit the mark. Hope to see you again soon.

cogolfpro
Commented On 01/29/2019

Thank you for the 5 star review and feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon!

cogolfpro
Commented On 01/29/2019

Rake the bunkers!

Greens are in great shape but they need to rake the bunkers in the morning. Sure can’t blame rain.

Commented On 12/06/2018

Thank you for the 4 star review and feedback. Great hearing that you enjoyed the greens today. Hopefully a few birdies came your way. We will look into your bunker comment immediately. Have a great day and we hope to see you again soon.

Course needs some Maint work

The layout is good, typical Del Webb retirement type course but it lacks a lot of maintenance. Traps were horrible no sand in fairway traps and some green side traps. Bare spots in the fairways. Greens were good...
DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST... I’ve played there numerous times and I felt like I needed to write this review

Commented On 12/06/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We strive to deliver our guests the best possible experience and we take your feedback seriously. We will continue work to improve overall conditions in order to provide the best guest experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Sandtraps

There were weeds in the traps and they weren’t raked. A

Commented On 12/06/2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your input and will get on that with our team. Have a great day and hope to see you again soon.

Lincoln, California