The Lincoln Hills Golf Club - Hills Course

Lincoln Hills Golf Club - Hills
Scorecard for Hills Course
Black M: 72.9/130 335 557 398 358 181 558 215 419 388 3409 365 470 212 511 416 557 173 372 368 3444 6853
Blue M: 70.7/126 306 491 368 339 167 533 195 411 357 3167 337 440 173 489 386 515 154 334 349 3177 6344
Gold M: 69.4/124 306 491 339 339 152 533 157 411 325 3053 313 375 147 489 386 515 132 334 349 3040 6093
White M: 68.4/124 W: 72.5/125 282 481 339 309 152 494 157 382 325 2921 313 375 147 454 386 495 132 318 338 2958 5879
Green M: 67.0/118 282 481 313 309 139 445 125 382 325 2801 313 325 147 454 305 449 132 318 314 2757 5558
Purple W: 71.6/120 282 418 313 309 139 445 125 382 325 2738 313 325 147 454 305 449 108 318 314 2733 5471
Red W: 69.5/117 261 418 313 269 139 445 125 323 290 2583 281 325 119 418 305 449 108 283 314 2602 5185

Year Built 1999
Greens Rye grass
Architect Greg Nash (1999) Billy Casper (1999)

Good. Not Great.

PROS: Great break in weather so it was nice to get out on this sunny day. Rate was $35 instead of the normal higher rates. A very fun course with nice layout.

CONS: Very slow pace. There was a group of five slowing down about four groups behind them. Took marshall a long time to respond. Had to wait on over half the tees and a number of 2nd shots. Only saw cart girl once as she had to work both courses. Some soggy areas so very muddy but this was due to the weather the days before, however there was a large coned off area next to the 16th green that had a broken water pipe that was flooding the cart path and rough.

Overall I walked away saying that was a fun day of golf. Completed round in 4.5 hours before dark.

Slow Play

I normally don’t write reviews, but find it necessary today. The course is fun and in pretty good shape. However, I had a 12:06 pm Tee time. When I arrived at the clubhouse at 11:40 to check in I was asked if I wanted a bucket of balls in which I replied, no thanks, I don’t think I have enough time. At that moment the CSR should have informed me they were running 45 minutes behind. Had he told me I wouldn’t be starting until 12:50, I would have cancelled my game. and just ordered a bucket of balls. There was a 4some ahead of us that had no idea how to play ready golf, and no marshal to point them in the right direction. I made my tee time early enough that I could finish a full round of golf, however was not able to play the last 3 holes. I have had similar problems with Lincoln Hills Golf Club in the past. It will be the last time I play there.

Commented On 2019-01-03T18:48:22.000+00:00

Thank you Wfhsteven1 for the review and feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience and we'd like to hear more from you. Please contact me directly at info@lincolnhillsgolfclub.com Thank you!

Commented On 2019-01-03T18:48:54.000+00:00

Thank you BFM82 for the 5 star review and feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 2018-12-12T17:55:30.000+00:00

Thank you for your 3 star review. We want our guests to have a great all around golf experience and continue to use feedback to hit the mark. Hope to see you again soon.

cogolfpro
Commented On 2019-01-29T19:36:03.000+00:00

Thank you for the 5 star review and feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon!

cogolfpro
Commented On 2019-01-29T19:36:21.000+00:00

Rake the bunkers!

Greens are in great shape but they need to rake the bunkers in the morning. Sure can’t blame rain.

Commented On 2018-12-06T18:42:57.000+00:00

Thank you for the 4 star review and feedback. Great hearing that you enjoyed the greens today. Hopefully a few birdies came your way. We will look into your bunker comment immediately. Have a great day and we hope to see you again soon.

Course needs some Maint work

The layout is good, typical Del Webb retirement type course but it lacks a lot of maintenance. Traps were horrible no sand in fairway traps and some green side traps. Bare spots in the fairways. Greens were good...

DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST... I’ve played there numerous times and I felt like I needed to write this review

Commented On 2018-12-06T18:40:55.000+00:00

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We strive to deliver our guests the best possible experience and we take your feedback seriously. We will continue work to improve overall conditions in order to provide the best guest experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Sandtraps

There were weeds in the traps and they weren’t raked. A

Commented On 2018-12-06T18:38:21.000+00:00

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your input and will get on that with our team. Have a great day and hope to see you again soon.

Always a great time playing here

Send traps need work but it’s always great playing here

BCGTeam
Commented On 2018-07-09T16:07:13.000+00:00

Dave, Thank you for the 5 star rating and helpful suggestion regarding the traps. Great to hear how much you enjoy playing here. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Boring and SLOW!

If 100 yd wide fairways are your thing then Lincoln Hills is your kind of course. It was Fathers Day so pace was SLOW but it was really painfully slow. So much so that I quit after 9 and then played 2 holes on the companion Vineyard course until I ran into yet another 3 groups on the same hole situation,

8 minute tee time gaps is one problem but this is a retirement course and as such it's designed to be user friendly. For me that equates to boring. Add slow play and I'm out of there never to return.

rmkyhn
Commented On 2018-08-03T16:05:55.000+00:00

to brovarnm

Yes, you might expect Fathers Day Sunday would generally SLOW but the 8 min between tee times didn't help. If it were a better course I might of hung in there but there were 3 groups on many holes and being the very user friendly retirement course it is was enough for me.

Not a course I would play again considering all of the better course/condition options in the area.

brovarnm
Commented On 2018-08-02T01:13:56.000+00:00

So you're saying the golf course was crowded on a Fathers Day, a Sunday......

Been awhile

I have not played the hills course for a little while,found it to be in wonderful condition.the tee boxes were for the most part in good shape,the fairways were in excellent shape and the greens were very nice(a little slow) . The driving range had the best turf I ever remember there,chipping area large with bunkers..practice green large and rolling like the greens on the course..overall a very nice round

Best greens I've seen in a while

This was a true joy. A buddy of mine and I went up to Lincoln for a golfing weekend. We played Darkhorse, Lincoln Hills- HIlls Course, Lincoln Hills- Orchard Course and Turkey Creek.

We actually played the HIlls course on Friday which was our first round of the weekend. After the weekend was coming to a close, we agreed that the HIlls course was in the best condition and also was just a really fun layout. They did an excellent job of hosting us on Friday to a point where we actually finished our trip out on Sunday afternoon with another 18 holes at the Hills Course.

I can't remember the last time I paid $32 and played on greens that were this true. Darkhorse and Turkey Creek had just punched their greens, so both of those courses had a ton of holes in the greens and sand on them. Not Lincoln, Lincoln had punched about the same time but uses a newer technology for punching greens which is obviously working.

We will definitely be back!!

Course is in great shape!

I played Lincoln Hills last weekend and the course is in great shape right now. The pace of play was a little slow, but overall it was a great day!

Great condition, friendly staff

Everything was great except the pace of play. Almost 5 hours. I don't know why this course plays so slow.

A Course For Everyone

Have been playing these courses since they opened. I played the Hills Course today which I prefer over the Orchard Course though they are both very nice courses. The fairways were in very good shape as were the greens. The greens were a little fast but you just have to adjust. Beginners would have a nice time on this course, not real hard but fair. They had the snack bar open today, haven't seen that in awhile. Always stop in after a round and have something to eat and drink, very nice and very affordable. As I always put in my comments, this is a golf course not a resort, you get what you pay for. I would recommend this course to everyone.

Lincoln, California