Journey at Pechanga

Championship/Copper 72 7219 yards 74.8 142
Silver 72 5534 yards 67.4 122
Orange 72 4852 yards 64.3 116
Scorecard for Pechanga
Copper M: 74.8/142 520 476 183 439 351 488 329 225 574 3585 311 538 401 587 497 204 422 243 431 3634 7219
Black M: 72.7/138 506 424 160 412 331 458 317 203 558 3369 288 523 383 552 452 181 393 201 394 3367 6736
White M: 71.0/132 479 389 137 402 298 441 309 176 527 3158 272 468 365 530 416 154 367 180 366 3118 6276
Silver M: 67.4/122 409 353 116 383 265 357 241 155 513 2792 235 441 292 474 384 129 326 158 303 2742 5534
Orange M: 64.3/116 W: 65.7/119 375 338 103 290 234 261 198 116 453 2368 217 416 277 418 359 103 283 135 276 2484 4852

Year Built 2007
Architect Steve Forrest & Associates (2007) Arthur Hills (2007)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA,Mastercard, Amex, All others
Dress code Proper golf attire.

A Real Journey

A really different course! The first few holes are relatively simple, then comes the journey, round the water, up the hill, down the hill etc. etc. Be prepared to lose a few balls and grow few grey hairs, but have fun. The only drawbacks is that the many long drives between greens and tees makes for a 5 hour round, which is expected apparently.

Would love to play again when we are in the area and can get a reasonable deal.

Let’s speed things up...

I play this course multiple times a year.

Great layout. One of the best in all SoCal. The greens were rolling great this week and the fairways are in decent shape.

The ice of play this week was appalling. This is a premium course and it took us 5 hours 16 minutes to play. I have no idea how they stacked us all up and let us out.

They need to get this figured out or we won’t be back.

And come on, you let out fivesommes. Let’s get real.

When you play quick here it’s a pleasure.

Journey is Fantastic

Have played Journey at Pechanga several times, every time is an experience views are fantastic, the course is in pristine condition and you will always remember the view from the 6th hole.

Scott Mallory the director of golf and his staff do a great job, they are friendly and accommodating. The restaurant at the clubhouse is one of my favorites for Sunday Brunch.

Orange county four

I have played pechanga about five times. Each time it looks more amazing than the last time. Took my brother and a friend from our mens club. The friend just could not get over that we played the special twilite rate of 64 bucks. He left with such a wonderful experience keep saying that only pros should play this course. Wants to do it all over again. As for me i trully give this place a five star i love the challenge. Recommended to all golfers as must. Staff is great. Lou

Gorgeous

Course is in private course condition. It's a bit tough, but if you play your appropriate tees it's manageable. Quite fun layout, and some really picturesque holes. Pace of play was fast we finished in 3:45. Find a good deal and go play this gem.

My New Favorite Golf Course!

I enjoyed everything about this course, even the name Pechanga. Go ahead, you know you want to say it:

P-E-C-H-A-N-G-A!

I drove down from Nor Cal for some business in Temecula. My partner and I played the 1st twilight (1:30pm) on a Sunday afternoon and didn't encounter another player until a single passed thru on 13 and that was only because my partner doubled back to look for a couple of lost clubs.

Here's what you get:

- Every hole is completely different, running the gamut of forced carries, fabulous vistas and numerous elevation changes. - Fairways, greens and tee boxes were impeccable. Numerous great views above Temecula.

- One of the most beautiful water hazards I've ever hit across. It's a picturesque, babbling brook emptying into a large pond.

I had the pleasure of interacting with the pro shop, the starter, beverage cart girl as well as the food staff at the turn. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful to my partner and me. I had been running about 5 minutes late for my tee time and I was met in the parking lot by outside services who loaded my bags into the cart and transported them over to the 1st while I checked in. In addition to this greatness, staffers went out of their way to locate us on 16 to return my partner's clubs she had left behind. I still don't know how they did it being as it was quite late on a Sunday and we were the only ones out there!? Just part of the magic of Pechanga I suppose!

I previously read someone refer to one of the holes as gimmicky. Personally, I love the challenge of hitting off elevated tee boxes into distant fairways. I don't understand who wouldn't, but everyone has different tastes.

If you don't enjoy the challenge of target golf, I might suggest the more open expanse of Cross Creek which is 25 minutes or so to the north.

For a course that's as fun as it's name, get out and play P-E-C-H-A-N-G-A !!

Great condition but pretty hard

The course was in immaculate condition and greens were running true but every hole is hard. If you're not an above average golfer you're gonna have a rough round. Very little room for error, especially of the tee. The par 3's are long and there are a good number of elevated tee boxes. #6 is a pretty ridiculous hole with an enormously high elevated tee box.. Great photo op but a very gimmicky hole. I would play here again but not at full price. The majority of workers were great but you get a little snooty attitude from a few. Its golf though thats not rare.

An Interesting Course

The good? Staff were very friendly and helpful. The course was in great condition. It was also a challenge with lots of elevation changes and undulating greens. The bad? Pace of play. We teed off at 8:30 am and waited on every shot. A 5+ hour round. The course is quirky. Very good shots can end up with bad results. Enjoyed the day but not sure I'll be in a hurry to play again.

Awesome views!!

Played this course as i had a voucher from underpar.com. Staff is very friendly and the course was in great shape. Awsome views form various parts of the course. Greens were fast but rolled true. Pace of play was average.

Fallbrook, California