Type Public/Resort
Shadow Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Architect Nick Faldo (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000) Brian Curley (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Marriott Golf Academy"

Great value

Everything was awesome for this time of year particularly green watered fairways. Need a drink cart.

Do not Play this course if aerification notice

Going in I knew there was course maintenance going on but by aerification I believed it would be just the greens being punched. This was not the case!! - The entire course was basically ripped up including tee boxes. To me this made the entire course unplayable!. I came close to breaking an ankle on a tee shot when my left foot twisted and went down a hole made by the 'aerification'. The aerification is actually creating large gouges (not just punches) . I understand that it is being prepared for qualifiers in August, but really this course should have been closed down until it had recovered.
I know that by August it will be in great shape, but now it is not in playable shape, hence the poor review.

Punched

Pretty annoying that we aren’t notified when a course is punched. It makes the whole experience pretty pour

Birthday round

We drove 1.5 hours to Palm Springs to play the course and found out all greens were aerated. If we knew this in advance, I would cancel my tee time and play else where. We paid $76 through Golfnow.com. I would never play this course again.

Birthday round

We paid $76 to play the course today. We drove all the way from OC to celebrate my birthday. However, we were not informed that the all greens were aerated by Golfnow.com. We did not enjoy the round at all. Overall course condition was below average or similar to a muni course or worse. The whole experience was a huge disappointment.

Scary to start, but end with a smile

Paided the extra $20 to play at 7:21 instead of 10:00, looking back 10 would have been better, not to the fault of the golf course, but maybe due to tee times. It was extremely windy, Mother Nature is strange but it simmered down after the first hole, what didn’t simmer was the multiple parties of 4 stacked in front of us and the party behind us. Whom tees off 3 minutes after our 7:21 to create the perfect golf sandwhich on a day that was not busy to begin with. Still had fun but would recommend the later booking and was uniformed they just punched the fairways and greens. Served for a bumpy rode

Summer Golf

Great course, great staff, great value especially if staying at the resort. One of our groups favorite desert courses.

Beautiful layout, especially the front 9

We really enjoyed this course from the moment we arrived. The front 9 has no houses and fabulous views. We were a group of varied skill levels, 13-32 handicap and we played from different tees and all had a great time.

The layout is fair but also challenging. Great beer in the 19th hole too. Very friendly staff.

California Advisor

Shadow Ridge

Rode the Greens (6621/71.5/130) in 4.5H twilight using Forelinx. Paired with Ed and Heather, we waited on most holes. The weather was in the low 90's, clear and fairly calm.

Fun Nick Faldo design. The landing areas on most par 4 & par 5 tee shots are generous in width. The par 3's offer a good variation in length and look. Two par 4's over 460 from the next to back set of tees. Several risk/reward par 4's that could produce birdies or doubles.

The course has mostly transitioned back to Bermuda for the summer. The tees were mostly lush, with only a couple needing divot attention.

The fairways were semi lush and firm. Well maintained, mowed low, nice to play from.

The rough was mostly lush and just tall enough that the ball sat down enough to usually be punitive. Nice to chip out of.

The green side sand traps were well maintained with good quality white sand. Some fairway traps are waste bunkers & less maintained. Numerous traps on this course are large, deep, and need to be avoided by most amateurs.

The Bermuda greens putted medium fast speed and rolled well. They were firm but held approach shots with some run out. Usually no significant ball marks because of their firmness.

The customer service was good from everyone encountered. Drink cart out and around numerous times. Water stations on the course every couple of holes. Good GPS on the carts. Practice facility is all grass and includes balls with your fee. Recommended.

Links in the desert

Easy course to maneuver off the tee. It's the greens where the challenge sets in. Severe undulations, plus traps deep enough that you may need a ladder to get in them. Visuals are solid. The only apprehension was the pace of play. We were near the five-hour mark on the 16th hole, so we left directly.

Difficult but manageable

This Marriott resort course has a good setup. Practice putting green has undulation that is similar to the course. Practice range is iinclide with enough balls to warm you up. The course itself is in good condition with few dead spots. I found the fairways were fairly tight for a resort course. The other difficulty is the greens which undulate quite a bit. Bring your A game. Staff was very friendly.

Target shots

The fairways are fairly wide but bunkers are located in strategic spots that will probably catch the average players shot. Greens are large but have enough undulation that if your ball lands in the back and the pin is in the middle or front you have a long putt over at least one hill so chip shots onto the green is important to keep your score low. Tee boxes are in average condition while fairways and greens are in better condition. The practice putting green is a good example of overall green character. 18th hole is picture worthy.

Another spectacular day at Shadow Ridge

Shadow Ridge is one of my favorite courses anywhere!
There is a great mix of scoreable holes (short par 4's , reachable par 5s) with some very challenging ones where par is a great score. The course is always in fantastic shape and plays firm and fast. The practice area is excellent. It has the feel of a private club in every way.
The course is generous off the tee. The challenge begins with your 2nd shot. I would say it is definitely a second shot golf course. There are many deep penalizing bunkers that surround most greens. (Stay out of these if you want to score well.) The greens are large but have a lot of undulation and can be penalizing if you don't put your ball in the correct spots as the greens are typically firm and fast.
I would highly recommend recommend shadow ridge to to any and all golfers, regardless of handicap. I am a 3 handicap and I played with my dad who is a 35 and we both enjoyed the course and had a great time. One last thing to consider. Make sure you pick the right tees. You don't want to be hitting long irons or fairway woods all day into the challenging greens.

Great game

Rarely do my husband and I have a great game at the same time - today we did! Love this course - wish it wasn’t so pricey!

Excellent experience!

I have played Shadow Ridge for years. This course simply does not get old. Plenty of risk-reward holes to keep things interesting and the conditions are perfect. The staff is always friendly and the off the course amenities are first class. A must play...

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.