Mallards Landing Golf Course at Melbourne

2.1
1.8

Type Public/Municipal
Scorecard for Mallards Landing
Blue M: 71.8/118 384 412 206 517 462 373 169 430 533 3486 360 412 170 435 544 234 423 527 365 3470 6956
White M: 69.0/113 351 331 178 451 416 320 158 401 474 3080 294 370 148 401 499 206 388 452 323 3081 6161
Gold M: 67.3/110 W: 72.7/120 335 313 166 437 355 269 144 382 443 2844 284 355 133 386 486 195 369 437 308 2953 5797
Red M: 63.3/102 W: 67.6/110 265 248 155 373 324 237 138 341 376 2457 237 293 117 316 396 160 304 395 252 2470 4927

Year Built 1969
Architect Bill Amick

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard , Discover, American Express

Plays Long 13

Sooooo slow ..... No ranger

The course has a flat, nice, uncomplicated layout, but always gets me. Wind makes a difference on how it plays. Greens have good speed and some contours. Generally the greens are in better shape than the course. Walking is allowed after 11 AM or 12 PM on winter season. Decent conditions for a muni. The course was dryer than usual.

The pace of play was discussing. I am not sure if I’ll come back. It was frustrating. How about a ranger to keep it moving?

I was lucky that the starter let me go out on my own, walking, ahead of a 5-some that was teeing off –which should not be allowed-. I had a slow father-son two-some in front. A college aged twosome cached up to me on the second tee. They were bad, slow, and careless for the pace of play. Luckily they were playing only the front. By the 6th out of nowhere a 4-some jumped in front of us from the 2nd. We already had a whole hole opening in front, and with my slow companions, I could not argue with them. Slower now.

On the 10th I caught up to the 4-some and they let me play through, as they were waiting for a Father/wife/Adult daughter three-some that showed out of nowhere. I caught up on the 11th and they invited me to join them. With the illusion of playing through and speed it up, I hesitated, but the noticed that they were waiting for the father-son twosome, who was also waiting. Nowhere to go, so I joined them. It was actually enjoyable after that, but always waiting.

They told me that they were playing the front and had a turtle paced, walking foursome in front of them, so they went to the 10th.

Great value

The greens were a little wooly. However, a great value and layout for the average golfer.

The difference between the fairways and the rough were not to noticeable (less than average)and to get to the 18th green was quite surprising due to the fact that it was a hole in the fairway 50 yards from the green and there was no notices, written or verbal. so a moderate day turned into ...what is this!!!!!!! The green were very slow for the most part even though it was warm and sunny at mid day to start.

Nice to play

Liked the course. A definite replay.

Mallards Landing

Nice little city course in Melbourne. Good mix of straight away and doglegs to please every type of player. Conditions were fair greens were good alot if mud on the fairways. Starter was nice but no rangers on course two groups formed a sixsome a couple groups up and it slowed things down. Value wise you can't be $20 on a weekend morning.

Mallards Cuts

Overall the course needs to be better up kept. Yes it's winter but overall from fairway to rough to green there wasn't much variation in grass conditions.

has potential

Played 18 in 2 and 1/2 hours. This course has a lot of potential. It can play long or short on your choosing. A little tight on some holes. Makes you play. City has made some improvements to course such as improving the cart storage facility, extending the cart path, installation of traffic safety signs, and drinking water on every other hole. Greens were slow but in very good shape. Fairways needs work. Tee boxes were good but could be better. Very nice people. Good hot dogs, fries and sandwiches.

stay away

The course itself is in better shape than it's been in a long time but frankly that is not saying a lot. My main issue is VALUE. For the amount of money they want on a weekday or weekend morning there are several courses in the area that are less expensive and in much better condition. It is a shame that management and the city are not smart enough to realize that they can't just see what other courses are charging and set the fees accordingly. They need to smarten up and think about VALUE. The city complains about low rounds the answer is simple this is a $20 to $25 course not $38 (soon to go up from there).

Mallard Landing

First time playing course, liked it!...nice layout, wide fairways, greens good shape!...average length. Couple nice part 5's. Recommended for all!

Nice public course

Course was in decent shape for the weather here and amount of play.

Not bad

Not the best greens but definitely affordable and empty on a weekday. Nice staff.

harvest

I played the blue tees 6700 plus yardage and did enjoy the challenge of that. Course was a little ragged but enjoyed the layout, playing it for the first time.

Good layout

Course is in better shape under new superintendent. Greens are slow, but the layout is fun to play

THis course could use some attention

The course is laid out nicely and the staff was friendly and helpful. The fairways were ok but the greens were slow and patchy. Also needs better drainage. A lot of wet areas.

Plays Twice a year

Florida Golf Experience

Mallards Landing was somewhat challenging but a really nice course to hone your skills. I enjoyed playing with 2 local guys who were very informative and was eager to give me the layout and landing safe zones of the course. Aside from being a little soggy from all the rain, it was still quiet an experience, I do intend to play it again over the next 2 weeks i'm here.

Good value for the money

Nice course for the money. Convenient and cozy, open fairways not much trouble to get into.

Nice course Mike Flynn Great Head Pro!!!

Like the course fairly level and challenging was in excellent shape tee to greens, but that was after I took 4 lessons with Mike Flynn, the stack & tilt crew sent me to him not only did he fix my swing he added monster yards,.I'm 55 and in good shape I was hitting my 5 iron 170 now I'm up to 205, my 7 iron was at 150 it's now at 170, my driver went from 230 to 260 with a nice draw. Also my last lesson we worked on chipping I cannot believe how easy he made it for me I am grouping chips like never before. Can't wait for my putting lesson.

wet condtions

the course was very wet and tore up from the carts. But we have been getting alot of rain in are area so I can understand why it was so bad. The greens were in good shape considering the rain.

Good improvement

The course has been improved a lot from the pass. It has drinking water every 3 holes through out the course and the green is must better compare to the past. It's green condition is average slow but put able. The fairway is ok and wide open so you can use driver or irons without worry OB.

Not a wise choice...

Over the past several months, this Course has steadily gone down hill, where it's to the point of not even being a good deal during their "Hot Times". With so many other quality Courses in S. Brevard County, Mallards Landing is no longer a wise choice. Save your money on this one!

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019