Punta Blanca Golf & Beach Club, designed by Nick Price of South Africa, has ample fairways, bunkers and lakes.

Two of the golf course's more challenging holes the 13th and the 15th, both par-3s.

The 18-hole golf course measures 7,174 yards from the black tees. It carries a rating of 74.1 with a slope of 123.

Punta Blanca Golf & Beach Resort

Year Built 2006
Fairways Paspalum grass
Greens Paspalum grass
Architect Nick Price (2006)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Dinner
Walking Allowed No

Basic Golf

This is just basic golf. The grass on the range was in bad shape and the range balls where in worst condition. The fairways had very thin grass with bare spots visible. The best part of the golf course where the greens, these where in good condition although very SLOW. I found the design to be uninspired, I really cant remember a single hole that stood out. The people at the course where very friendly and has a surprisingly well stocked pro shop. They do have some of the lower rates in the area (55.00 us dollars) but if you are in Punta cana for vacation I would recommend you spend more money and play some of the other courses in the area that are much better. Most of the courses on the area that have good-great condition cost more than double (hard Rock, Iberostar) at over 100.00 but if you are on vacation it is worth to spend the money and not waste time in course that is probably in worst condition than your local Muni.

It was Free, so that counts right?

Stayed at the Majestic Elegance and had complimentary rounds for my grooms men and I to play golf before the wedding.

I brought my clubs as I always do, but rental clubs for those who were renting were $40 US. They were good clubs from Titleist to Taylor and Calaway in decent shape but not excellent, but that's ok seeing the amount of people that must come over from the resort.

Had to pay $48 US each for carts, which is a rip off by any standard in the world where I have played.

For example I played at the Iberostar Grand Course last year and paid nothing, all was included with the hotel, 2 free rounds in fact.

The range was like a goat pasture for tee blocks.
The course overall was in ok shape, kind of like playing a municipal course. There were some nice holes and some neat ones as well.

The pace was super slow to start and the group in front who were playing skins were taking for ever. All of my guys and I after the second hole played as a 5 some to make it bearable. If we didn't do that it would have been ridiculous as there were no marshals and no one else even on the course in front. Once we got to #10 the guys in front let us through and we finished the final 9 in under 2 hrs as a five some LOL. All the while I still shot 76.

We had a great time and enjoyed the company and laughs. I don't think I would be back to play here again unless it was completely inclusive of all costs not just the green fee.

Punta Cana, La Altagracia Province