Type
Red W: 60.8/108 231 96 290 314 132 89 294 115 421 1982 3964
Handicap 11 15 9 1 7 17 3 13 5
Par 4 3 4 4 3 3 4 3 5 33 66

Year Built 1998
Architect Tripp Davis (1998)

Dress code Proper golf attire

9-Hole Rounds 16

Fun course and the staff is always excellent. The course played well despite the cold weather. I on the other hand struggled but still a good day. Looking forward to my next visit.

This course should not be allowed to be listed as a 18 hole course. it is a 9 hole only!!!
Very disappointing it is not noted.

Commented On 2019-02-19T14:29:32.000+00:00

Hello, and thank you for reviewing our course, Stewart Peninsula Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was miscommunication about the course. We will make sure to pass this along to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Fun Fun...

Always enjoy the course and the staff is always 1st rate.

Last Time

I live in Stewart Peninsula, and have been going to this course since 1998. I typically only play a few rounds there a year, but use their driving range 4-5 times per week. One thing they require is that you bring your practice bags back to the shop. When I hit balls there, I always check around and see if anyone left any bags. If they have, I pick them up and take them all back to the club house. If there is a group of middle / high school kids using the range, I will always wait until they are finished.
Many, many times, I will buy 2 bags, and tell them I'm going to hit 1 today, and one tomorrow morning. They have never in all these years had a problem with that. This afternoon, I had a bag left over from earlier this week (when it rained), so I called the course to make sure the range was open. I hit ALL of my balls on the "non-reserved" side like I always do. There were 3 balls over on the reserved side, so I walked over to hit them.. At just that moment, one of the many flunkies that work there came driving up to the range to tell me not to hit balls on that side. (I don't know if they have a camera or a crystal ball or what). I told him I had hit all my balls on the "correct" side. He then said "my manager said that no one bought balls today, so was wondering why someone was here". I told him that I had previously purchased them, and had them left over. To which he said "so you are taking private property home with you!?". Are you f-ing kidding me? I said, don't worry, I will never do it again, because I will never be back. I'm a grown man, and I don't need some part-time 17 year-old telling me I'm stealing private property. I don't typically write reviews like this, but I play great courses all over N. Dallas, and have never been treated, or spoken to this way. If I treated someone in my job like this, I would be fired immediately. If I had been the manager of the course (especially knowing how they are struggling for business), I would have sent the kid down with a coupon for a free hot dog, and told him to thank me for my business. And I can darn sure tell you he wouldn't accuse people of stealing private property.
So, hope you enjoy the course.

Commented On 2018-12-21T14:41:14.000+00:00

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stewart Peninsula Golf Course. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course and using our driving range over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor with us. We greatly value you taking the time to help us out and bring any left over bags back to the shop. As always, we hope that you will continue to notice some of these improvements in the course and your overall experience during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun Friday

This is not a long course but it is a challenging and fun course none the less. Although it is a 9 hole course the double greens gives it an 18 hole feel. It has become my default course when l want to play on short notice.

Slow pace of play

This golf course is the slowest I ever played. They were sending a lot of people one out at a time and many twosomes that should have been paired up. They have no idea how to manage a golf course. it took forever just to make it around 9 holes. And when I talk to management about this they were rude and turned their back to me and walked away. The group ahead of us walked off the course and would never come back and I will never go back either. Such a shame this could have been a good golf course.

Response from Stewart Peninsula Golf Course on 10/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Stewart Peninsula Golf Course, in the Colony area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun and Challenging Course

I love the scenery and view. Course is a nice, layout with challenging greens and fairways. I wish there was a better way to accommodate the 1st 9 and back 9 players so there's better flow.

Looking for a beautiful and little challenge course?!

The course is really nice view is fantastic! It’s a hidden jewel and great way to work on accuracy. Even for being a nine hole course that plays eighteen... it can be a challenge when it comes to accuracy. Check it out! but be prepared for a great scenery.

Ok place to play

Great staff. Great views. As with most low priced clubs, a little money put into this course would make it a great place to play everyday. We will go back. Staff was very helpful on our first trip there. Note, this is a 9 hole course We did not know this when we booked, but we would book again despite this.

Commented On 2018-06-14T00:49:58.000+00:00

Thanks for coming out to Stewart Peninsula. We value your feedback. We are always striving to make this course better. Come see us again soon.

Me B

Fantastic setting on Lake Louisville, pretty nice course. Not crazy about it being a nine hole course with two greens on each hole so you have to share the fairway but if it’s not crowded it is a nice course for the money.

Commented On 2018-06-14T00:51:02.000+00:00

Thanks for the review. And thanks for playing Stewy P. Come back and golf with us soon.

Great Value Course

If you’re a fan of links style play then this is your course. Great value. The greens were fantastic. The staff was very accommodating being my first time playing in a while.

Their driving range is irons only though, so make sure to get some practice swings before you tee off. I’m definitely coming back.

Commented On 2018-06-14T00:53:14.000+00:00

Thanks for playing Stewart Peninsula Golf Course. Thanks for the nice review. Come back and play again soon.

First time to play Stewart Peninsula

I enjoyed my round. The course is well laid out. The difficulty pretty much depends on how disciplined you are. I played 18 and had a couple of blow up holes on each nine. I like the up and down nature. I thought the split greens per nine was cool. I had a good time. Met the owner on my way out. I'll be back for sure.

Thanks,

Tony

Commented On 2018-06-14T00:54:53.000+00:00

Thanks for the positive review. We have been working hard to improve the golf course. Please come back and play Stewy P again soon. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Shot makers course

Good course to work on your game, especially for the money. On the lake, so the wind can easily change shots.

Commented On 2018-05-07T13:09:00.000+00:00

Thanks for coming out to Stewart Peninsula. Glad you enjoyed your round. Please come and see us again.

Commented On 2018-05-07T13:09:45.000+00:00

Thanks for coming out to Stewart Peninsula. Hope to see you again.

First and last time at the Stewart peninsula

I booked a hot deal tee time for 100 pm at Stewart peninsula around 1230 pm because I saw on their website just about every single tee time was wide open. Therefore I took my time and showed up at 110. My guess is only 4 of the 9 holes even had a player on it and I would’ve just waited for the next available spot if there was a wait. However, the guy at the pro shop felt like this tee time was no longer valid as it was 10 minutes past and told me he would honor it if I paid a cart fee. Honestly I would rather she’ll the $16 and change down the drain than play at a course that hasn’t no customer service standards or uses any common sense at all.

Side note, I was really only going to play this course to kill some time because the tribute (10 minutes down the road) was busy until 4 today. They have a great staff over there that is extremely friendly and goes the extra mile to take care of their players.

Commented On 2018-05-07T14:18:02.000+00:00

Lets see how this works. You were late, your cursed the person behind the counter ( customer in shop heard you and you are on camera while in shop ) , you left poor reviews about the golf course even though you did not play it. You bought a special from GOLFNOW for that tee time only. You were late. Our policy as I explained to you that day is. " If you are late for a HOT DEAL TIME FROM GOLFNOW we will honor the green fee but you will have to pay the cart fee if you ride". The only information you are correct on is about me calling the cops and taking pictures of your car and license plate. My thinking is if you are going to lie about your review, your time here and your language then I am not going to give you gasoline to put on a fire. We will call it a lesson learned and we also wish you the best.

u000007373514
Commented On 2018-04-19T18:10:21.000+00:00

I understand that I showed up late and I put that in the review. Additionally, I did not curse you out.

You were extraordinarily smug and arrogant about the way you greeted me telling me that I needed to pay a cart fee when I could have easily slid into the next time available (which by the way was all of them, I wish I had saved a screenshot from that day). After that I said, oh this is how you handle things at Stewart Peninsula. Asked if you were serious, then told you I will just call golf now to get a refund.

After sending in the request golfnow gave me a credit, so I used it on the hot deal time today and showed up at 12:40. You preceded to tell me that I am not welcome here for how I treated you, and that because I am going to mess up the golf course. I have never intentionally ruined a golf course in my life and I wasn't planning on it today.

Once again, the only reason I was even going to come today is because your course is wide open and I needed to finish in about 2.5 hours. Additionally, you are threatening the police and taking pictures of my license plate which is way overboard. I do not hold grudges nor am I the destructive type.

Your message was received loud and clear, so I wish the best to Stewart Peninsula moving forward.

Commented On 2018-04-17T20:01:42.000+00:00

You showed up at 1:12 according to you. You purchased a Hot Deal for 1:00. You cursed me in the pro shop and you cursed me on the way out the door. Next time you leave a review why don't you give all the facts. Your conformation says be on time. Tee time invalid if late. You cannot just purchase what ever you want and show up when ever you want.

First Timers

I booked the course apparently not reading the details that we would play the same 9 twice. I am not a fan of this type of course, but as we got playing it was apparent it’s not exactly the same 9 played twice. For each tee box and each green, the markers are in different locations: so for hole 1, you tee off at a different tee box than you do for the same hole used for hole 10. Same goes with the green...the pin for 1 is in a different location than 10. This caused some confusion at first, but we just had to remind ourselves which color we were playing. The setting is actually very nice because of the surrounding lake. The carts do not have navigation or amenities for club cleaning, etc. The course was full, and the pace was pretty good until around hole 13, then we waited at every hole. We were paired up with another 2 guys who were singles and one was a regular at this course so he was helpful in navigation. Some fairways were narrow so you will find other playing on your fairway. Because there are 2 pins on the green, some of the greens are pretty small so placement on the green can be challenging. We got a great deal on golf now ($25/2) so would definitely play again at that price. Heard there was a driving range but didn’t use it - it’s around a corner and not really visible that even existed.

Commented On 2018-04-01T02:23:32.000+00:00

Thanks for coming out to Stewy P for some golf. Glad you enjoyed your day. Come back to see the great things we have going on during the golfing season. Thanks again.

Plays Twice a year

Not 18 holes

I was disappointed to discover there are not 18 holes here. The course conditions were as expected for the price, people were fine. If I lived in the neighborhood, I'd play here. If you need to drive more than a few minutes, you're probably better off elsewhere.

Response from Stewart Peninsula Golf Course on 03/22/2018:
Hello Daniel, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Fun day’s golf

Nice 9 hole course on the lake. At first appeared to be relatively short and simple but the fun factor of the wind off the lake came into play and created a good challenge. Reminded me of my youth playing links golf in England, will definitely make a few more visits.

Commented On 2018-03-20T16:33:44.000+00:00

Thanks for coming out to play Stewy P. Glad you enjoyed the round and our nice weather. Please let me know the next time you are coming out. Thanks Randy Head Golf Professional.

Response from Stewart Peninsula Golf Course on 03/13/2018:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your round. We take our customer feedback very seriously and we will share your comment with our staff to make improvements and corrections accordingly. Thanks again for your review. Please give us the opportunity to change your mind about our course.

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!