Type
Style Links
Stewart Peninsula Golf Course

Year Built 1998
Architect Tripp Davis (1998)

Dress code Proper golf attire

9-Hole Rounds 16

Slow play

My tee time was 11:30, I teed off at almost 12:00. The pace of play was horrible I hate to see this course on the weekends.

The layout of the course is nice, but having 1-9 and 10-18 together is a nightmare. We had 3 groups waiting on the tee boxes.

My back 9 was better cause I think people just quit, like I was going to do, but i played cause the people in front of me quit. I think 2 groups in front of me quit.

Overall review nice layout but pace of play horrible.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Stewart Peninsula Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hello, 15. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Stewart Peninsula Golf Course another try in the near future.

Excellent Value

Course was in great condition. The different angles were entertaining to play.

Intimate and welcoming lakeside

The course was in surprisingly excellent condition, with smooth soft fairways, well kept greens, and a manicured rough just deep enough to hide a golf ball.

Nine-hole courses can be limiting, but Steward Peninsula tries hard to keep it interesting. Each green has two pins, red and gold. There are separate red and gold tee boxes on each hole, so when playing 18 holes the front and back loops aren't exactly the same. On some holes it makes a significant difference.

The course is surrounded by Lake Lewisville. The lake and its shoreline come into play on holes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 9. Small feeder streams and ponds can be a factor on 5 and 7. Only the 6th and 8th holes are entirely safe for those afraid of water. This can make the course much more challenging when the lake level is higher than normal.

First Time at Stewart Peninsula

First time playing at this course. It's nine holes that you play twice. They have large/split greens with two different pins to play for each nine. They are far enough apart that approach shots into the green does make it feel like two different holes. It has four Par 4's, four Par 3's and one Par 5. The Par fours are challenging and the Par 3's are fair. You do end up hitting all the clubs in your bag.

The greens and fairways are in good shape and you have a views of the Lake on several holes.

All in all, I would recommend playing there, I will.

Hot But Tolerable

Stewart Creek is my favorite golf course. The setting is beautiful on the lake and there's always a nice breeze. The course and carts are well maintained and you couldn't ask for a more friendly staff. And the price is always right. If you haven't given this course a try, you're missing out.

Terrible pricing and holes

Pricing is outrageous for playing just nine holes and the holes haven’t changed in quite some time. Staff was friendly which made it better and will likely come back but pricing has got to change

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hello, darealstockton. Thank you for reviewing the course. We are so glad you had a positive experience with our staff. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Stewart Peninsula Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Stewart Peninsula in great shape

It's a good walking course and the multiple tee boxes give a nice variety of yardages...you can hit all your clubs!

Favorite Course

Beautiful course on the Lake. Challenging enough to prevent boredom, but easy enough to be fun!

Fun Day...

I really enjoy this course. It’s a nice layout and the double greens certainly reduces the 9 hole course feel. The staff is always kind, friendly and helpful.

Great value for cost

First, the only negative is that this is a 9 hole layout. So, to play 18, you play each hole twice. They do have it setup with separate greens and tee boxes to change up the layout, but it is still playing each hole twice.

Now to the positive. The greens were in excellent condition, especially for deep summer and compared to all other local courses I have played this summer. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And, for $35 for 18 holes, this is very good value for the money.

The View

The views are wonderful of the lake. I really was surprised and enjoyed the course.bi will be back.

Fun 9 hole course off the lake

Overall course is in good shape. It's a fun course to pay right next to the lake. Peaceful and beautiful views. All the golfers and the course has a laid back friendly vibe.

Stewart Peninsula

Stewart Peninsula is our favorite place to golf (me and my 12-year old son). The course is beautiful and the breeze from the lake is nice. The staff is friendly and they make it easy to show up and get to teeing off quickly. In the many times we have golfed at SP, we have had a couple of rounds in which we had to wait significantly longer for each hole. Since there are only 9 greens, you have to cycle back through a second time and the pace of play slows down. The greens are well-kept and it's nice to have easier and more difficult holes. We will continue to play at SP and recommend it!

Great BUT....

Great course, great conditions and a great time!!
All that being said, course is gonna need to figure out how to balance their young junior golfers and their senior leagues. Pace of play is what keeps me coming back over and over but today was the 2nd time I have experienced very slow play due to Juniors and their senior league. Notice should be given to golfnow or tee times should be removed during junior and senior leagues. This is especially a problem since Stewart is a nine hole facility, theres just no where for other players to start to avoid the big groups and slow play. Other than that, course and staff are AWESOME!

Worst experience ever

I have been playing golf for 30+ years and have played on countless course throughout the country and Mexico. This is hands down, absolutely, 100% the worst experience I have had with owner & staff of a golf course. Not only is this the worst experience I have had with an owner of a golf course, but quite possibly the worst experience with any owner of any business. I will NEVER play this course again.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Hi Scott. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your round. This is not the standard we wish to achieve. Please be assured that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the appropriate changes. Thanks so much for visiting Stewart Peninsula Golf Course. We hope to earn your business again in the future.

Nice challenge

Some tight fairway s...keep it straight or you can get in trouble. Greens were excellent.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.