Trump National Doral Miami - Silver Fox Course

The Silver Fox Course (formerly known as Jim McLean Course) is one of five 18-hole courses at Trump National Doral Miami. The courses offer a good game for players of any skill level. Unlike the Gold Course at the resort, the Silver Fox Course does not follow a traditional Floridian layout. There are elevated tee boxes and greens and narrow, rolling fairways. The golf course features an interesting variety of holes, short and long. Water hazards come into play on 16 holes of the 18 holes and there are also bunkers situated throughout. The course's signature hole is the 14th, which has an island green.
Trump National Doral Golf Club - Silver Course
Scorecard for The Silver Fox
Black M: 74.9/148 459 385 567 254 369 474 183 429 409 3529 463 515 489 433 312 175 522 179 389 3477 7006
Gold M: 72.6/143 442 361 535 201 344 391 153 363 381 3171 421 462 459 400 305 170 468 166 376 3227 6398
Blue M: 69.8/135 363 340 508 170 320 347 146 340 355 2889 379 446 443 393 284 137 425 132 333 2972 5861
White M: 67.6/128 W: 73.5/141 351 315 498 142 308 317 131 320 335 2717 343 430 408 372 278 107 393 101 313 2745 5462
Red M: 63.6/120 W: 67.8/121 215 237 421 105 274 274 112 268 274 2180 287 382 328 307 248 81 346 61 258 2298 4478

Year Built 1986
Architect Robert von Hagge (1986) Jerry Pate Bruce Devlin (1986)

Caddies Yes

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #18)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2016 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #9)

Plays Long 12
Playing Multiple Courses 6

Silver Fox course

This is the 2nd of 4 courses at Trump's Doral that I have played this year. The first was Golden Palm which is noticeably nicer w/ a more difficult layout than the Silver Fox that I played today. Just guessing, but I assume, Silver Fox course is ranked at the bottom of the four courses on the property. The Blue Monster seems to speak for itself at the PGA championship course.

My round on the Silver Fox was 2 1/4 hours as I played alone and never encountered anyone in front of me. I shot an 88 on a windy cold day ( 66 degree per Florida standards) . On the back nine, I lost my only 2 balls and 3-putted 4 times as the green became harder and faster with the constant blowing wind, so I was not a happy camper with my back nine score. However the course is well kept as expected , but I would not pay more than $80 to play this course of the four. The Blue Monster will set you back $220 to $390. The Silver Fox course First tee box is a 5 to 6 minute Cart drive away and you never come any where near the club house even after the 18th. Service was excellent from the staff and while I did not use the range or putting green, it looked in great shape . Parking is $14 for self parking ( 4 hours) on the property and expect to tip for service to clean your clubs and drive you back to you car in the self-parking lot. Its a good distance from the club house. Be sure to ask at the security gate to page the golf club to send someone to get you, otherwise you could be waiting 5 to 15 minutes for the routine shuttle to pick you up at the " Shuttle Stop:".

Don't choose Silver Fox

I've played all the courses minus the Silver Fox until today... There's a reason they hide it from all the others... Yikes. Cart had an awfuk governor in it that would stop/go/stop/go on the cart path. Was told by starter that there was water and ice in the cooler... It was a pool of dirty water. Lackluster day at a reaort that promises (and you pay for) everything but.

Great value

We had an exceptional experience at Trump Doral Silver Fox, staff was friendly and helpful, course was in great shape, golf now made it s great value.

Golf on Thanksgiving

Very nice course and facility. Pace of play was very slow and no marshall available on course to help speed things up. Left waiting for about 20 minutes for buggy to take us back to car park. All costs at facility expensive. On vacation from Europe and had better value for money experiences on other Miami golf courses.

Good course

Good course but definitely not worth $165. Took 4 1/2 hours to play as the pace of play was slow. $12 for a drink to me is a bit outrageous. Definitely better value to be had in Miami.

Did not meet expectations

Course conditions were decent

Greens rolled well

Fairways were cut a little tight

Staff were businesslike but certainly not welcoming

Great Southern Florida Experience

We’re here on vacation for two weeks playing golf at different courses, Trump Doral was a great experience. From the time you drive onto the property it’s amazing. The course was in great shape including the greens running smooand true. I wished we could play all The courses on property. When we arrived we got lost finding the pro shop, someone noticed we were turned around and walked us from their office to the pro shop. Very nice pro shop personnel and the starter was great too.

Silver Fox

The course was fantastic. The service was fantastic. We never ran into an issue of waiting or being waited on. The beer was over priced but very cold. We had an all around great day!

Challenging course- worth a look

The hotel was quieter than when I normally play here, which was nice. It can be a pain to get clubs in good time between valet and the cart yard, and want that seamless this time. I’m a fan of the course (Silver Fox) although I prefer the former layout and this was my first time playing during summer. As you’d expect the greens are a little slower and not as good shape as Dec/Jan when I would normally play. The course wasn’t that busy, which was nice for my wife and I to enjoy a casual round. My only gripe is that the bunkers are awful. There’s barely any sand is basically a penalty stroke to get in one. I’d still go back and play as it’s easy to play a quick round and the greens haven’t been aerated like other courses in the area.

We got a special rate

We got a special rate and managed to get out early in the morning. I highly recommend playing early. We had the course to ourselves and the friendly ness of the staff is something to remember.

I recommend it to anyone visiting Miami

First class all the way. The Trump organization knows how to roll out the red carpet. Beautiful and well maintained course, grounds and service.

Cheapest Option @ Doral

I enjoyed this course a lot. It is the cheapest of the four options at Doral. If you are going to play here, definitely try and get one of the weekend deals on Golf Now. Value of the course was great, but I would feel differently if I paid the normal $150+ in season rate. The hole 6 par 3 island was a nice touch. Everything about my experience was positive.

Professional golf course

Beautiful & best maintained I've ever seen. Great course brought out best of our game. Missed eagle by 2 inches on 18th & my buddy had best game ever. Played Silver course & looking forward to playing others!

Best South Florida golf experince

Trump Doral is a fantastic golf experience. From the moment you arrive . every care s taken by staff to ensure a memorable golf day.

You can valet park the car or take self parking where they will pick you up in the lot. [for fee..around 14$].

The course has driving range with complementary balls, chipping area, greens. Best to plan to arrive well in advance of your tee time to take advantage of the golf facilities all included in your rate.

The silver fox is a great track. 18 holes of pure beautfully manicured and conditions. The greens are fast but fair and superb. Fairways are in amazing shape. The golf cart is fully electronic.

Also be aware that if you arrive early with the starter, they are happy to send you off before your tee time.

The lockers have full amenities.

Everywhere, the service is first class., especially how the staff speak to you wanting you to have a great golf day.

If you have the opportunity to play Trump Doral, play!

It is by far the best golf I have played in south Florida.

Golf now hot deal

Played at 12:30 on a Tuesday in April. Course was pristine. Great golf.

Just because it’s the cheapest at trump to play

Don’t let it fool you

Plan your shots at every hole

It wil kick you in your behind!!!!!

I love this course

Course was in excellent condition. The starter Bobby was very friendly and helpful.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019