Trump National Doral Miami - Silver Fox Course

The Silver Fox Course (formerly known as Jim McLean Course) is one of five 18-hole courses at Trump National Doral Miami. The courses offer a good game for players of any skill level. Unlike the Gold Course at the resort, the Silver Fox Course does not follow a traditional Floridian layout. There are elevated tee boxes and greens and narrow, rolling fairways. The golf course features an interesting variety of holes, short and long. Water hazards come into play on 16 holes of the 18 holes and there are also bunkers situated throughout. The course's signature hole is the 14th, which has an island green.
Trump National Doral Golf Club - Silver Course
Scorecard for The Silver Fox
Black M: 74.9/148 459 385 567 254 369 474 183 429 409 3529 463 515 489 433 312 175 522 179 389 3477 7006
Gold M: 72.6/143 442 361 535 201 344 391 153 363 381 3171 421 462 459 400 305 170 468 166 376 3227 6398
Blue M: 69.8/135 363 340 508 170 320 347 146 340 355 2889 379 446 443 393 284 137 425 132 333 2972 5861
White M: 67.6/128 W: 73.5/141 351 315 498 142 308 317 131 320 335 2717 343 430 408 372 278 107 393 101 313 2745 5462
Red M: 63.6/120 W: 67.8/121 215 237 421 105 274 274 112 268 274 2180 287 382 328 307 248 81 346 61 258 2298 4478

Year Built 1986
Architect Robert von Hagge (1986) Jerry Pate Bruce Devlin (1986)

Caddies Yes

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2016 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #18)

Plays Long 12
Playing Multiple Courses 6

Course experience but ok, staff at the pro shop very unfriendly

I played the course for the first time. Lot of water hazards but the layout was ok. Pace of play was very slow. The staff at the pro shop was extremely unfriendly. They don’t need to care about customers.

Trump Silver Fox

Silver Fox is a good course, not great. Lots of hidden water, but the cart GPS helps. Bring plenty golf balls. Pace of play was good. Finished in 4 hours and 10 minutes. Practice facilities are great. Staff is great. No half way house. Very good food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very nice bar with patio. Pricey

Marshal Anyone?

I've played this course a couple times recently and just love the layout and condition. There is a LOT of water on the course so you better hit it straight or bring a bunch of balls. (Unless of course you decide to play the blacks, then you better hit it really far and really straight!) The course has been in great shape and does not seem to get heavy play. However, the pace of play was brutal! (Again, the course was far from full) We waited on every single shot and not just a minute or two. What is shocking to me, as this group in front of us created so much pain to be behind, was there are no marshals on the course. None. And apparently never according to the staff when we eventually finished. I just don't get it and it will likely keep me from going back. Just too bad...

Top notch

I highly recommend this experience. In town for business. Met my brother for silver fox. 12:50 hot deal. Flew into Miami 9:30 am. Had wonderful breakfast buffet at Doral. Titleist at the range giving out free golf balls. Got signed in with another single. Great day: sunny and warm. The foursome ahead of us were painfully slow!! Took 4.5 hours. So, finished at sunset. But, it filled our day. People behind us gave up. No ranger in sight all day to get them to speed up. Service cart personnel on par. Great meal at champions bar after. Would love to stay and play next time. Conditions very good. Greens fast.

Excellence

Great course, facility and staff- all first class. We got off early and never had anyone hold us up so we played in 3 hours and it was cart path only because of 3 days of rain. The course is well manicured as we never saw a single weed.

The only negative was the valet parking fee but considering we paid the Hot Deal price it still was a very good value.

Staff was very friendly and attentive: Got me checked in and directed me to pro shop. Starter was very friendly gave directions to driving range and putting green.Course is in great shape and greens were rolling very fast and true.

Had a great meal in Champions after the round. Great day overall!

Doral Silver Fox Course

Played here for the first time today. We were greeted with friendly staff from the valet to the starter. We were paired up with another twosome. The course was in excellent condition. Pace of play was perfect. Because of the expense it is not a place I would play frequently but as a special event it was a nice relaxing experience at a beautiful course.

Trump golf

It was great buildings were beautiful course was beautiful people were so helpful all good and then some

Silver Fox course

This is the 2nd of 4 courses at Trump's Doral that I have played this year. The first was Golden Palm which is noticeably nicer w/ a more difficult layout than the Silver Fox that I played today. Just guessing, but I assume, Silver Fox course is ranked at the bottom of the four courses on the property. The Blue Monster seems to speak for itself at the PGA championship course.

My round on the Silver Fox was 2 1/4 hours as I played alone and never encountered anyone in front of me. I shot an 88 on a windy cold day ( 66 degree per Florida standards) . On the back nine, I lost my only 2 balls and 3-putted 4 times as the green became harder and faster with the constant blowing wind, so I was not a happy camper with my back nine score. However the course is well kept as expected , but I would not pay more than $80 to play this course of the four. The Blue Monster will set you back $220 to $390. The Silver Fox course First tee box is a 5 to 6 minute Cart drive away and you never come any where near the club house even after the 18th. Service was excellent from the staff and while I did not use the range or putting green, it looked in great shape . Parking is $14 for self parking ( 4 hours) on the property and expect to tip for service to clean your clubs and drive you back to you car in the self-parking lot. Its a good distance from the club house. Be sure to ask at the security gate to page the golf club to send someone to get you, otherwise you could be waiting 5 to 15 minutes for the routine shuttle to pick you up at the " Shuttle Stop:".

Don't choose Silver Fox

I've played all the courses minus the Silver Fox until today... There's a reason they hide it from all the others... Yikes. Cart had an awfuk governor in it that would stop/go/stop/go on the cart path. Was told by starter that there was water and ice in the cooler... It was a pool of dirty water. Lackluster day at a reaort that promises (and you pay for) everything but.

Great value

We had an exceptional experience at Trump Doral Silver Fox, staff was friendly and helpful, course was in great shape, golf now made it s great value.

Golf on Thanksgiving

Very nice course and facility. Pace of play was very slow and no marshall available on course to help speed things up. Left waiting for about 20 minutes for buggy to take us back to car park. All costs at facility expensive. On vacation from Europe and had better value for money experiences on other Miami golf courses.

Good course

Good course but definitely not worth $165. Took 4 1/2 hours to play as the pace of play was slow. $12 for a drink to me is a bit outrageous. Definitely better value to be had in Miami.

Did not meet expectations

Course conditions were decent

Greens rolled well

Fairways were cut a little tight

Staff were businesslike but certainly not welcoming

Great Southern Florida Experience

We’re here on vacation for two weeks playing golf at different courses, Trump Doral was a great experience. From the time you drive onto the property it’s amazing. The course was in great shape including the greens running smooand true. I wished we could play all The courses on property. When we arrived we got lost finding the pro shop, someone noticed we were turned around and walked us from their office to the pro shop. Very nice pro shop personnel and the starter was great too.

Silver Fox

The course was fantastic. The service was fantastic. We never ran into an issue of waiting or being waited on. The beer was over priced but very cold. We had an all around great day!

Challenging course- worth a look

The hotel was quieter than when I normally play here, which was nice. It can be a pain to get clubs in good time between valet and the cart yard, and want that seamless this time. I’m a fan of the course (Silver Fox) although I prefer the former layout and this was my first time playing during summer. As you’d expect the greens are a little slower and not as good shape as Dec/Jan when I would normally play. The course wasn’t that busy, which was nice for my wife and I to enjoy a casual round. My only gripe is that the bunkers are awful. There’s barely any sand is basically a penalty stroke to get in one. I’d still go back and play as it’s easy to play a quick round and the greens haven’t been aerated like other courses in the area.

We got a special rate

We got a special rate and managed to get out early in the morning. I highly recommend playing early. We had the course to ourselves and the friendly ness of the staff is something to remember.

I recommend it to anyone visiting Miami

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019