Scorecard for Mare Island Golf Club
Blue M: 70.0/127 336 390 320 377 359 354 392 122 429 3079 378 340 193 296 528 347 388 223 378 3071 6150
White M: 68.2/125 W: 74.0/122 321 368 293 360 334 322 368 119 415 2900 351 307 164 288 507 326 369 205 371 2888 5788
Red M: 63.9/115 W: 68.7/115 386 315 253 278 281 262 252 71 329 2427 325 265 144 246 346 230 359 82 348 2345 4772

Year Built 1892
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Robin Nelson (2000) Todd Eckenrode

19th Hole Specials 11

Nice course, good value.

Course was difficult. I usually shoot 85 and I struggled to break 100. Greens have many breaks and are lightening fast. Bunkers are very hard to get out of. Also, the course plays much much longer than the yardage indicates.

Commented On 12/10/2018

Hi, Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4-stars! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge, and thank you for playing Mare Island.

Not a bad course

I went out solo to try this course for the first time. Prices are great and the scenery is awesome. Some parts of the course can use some work. I couldn’t find the hole on 16. Overall can’t complain for the price.

Commented On 11/20/2018

Hi, Edrick. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4-stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mare Island.

Nice track for an old course

When I booked this round, my expectations were kind of low (to tell ya the truth). I have played several "old" retrofitted courses and based on those courses I expected kinda a gimmicky layout and poor layout. Having said all of that, it simply was NOT the case. The staff was super friendly. I got there a bit early (about 45 mins) figured I would have to wait since many courses make you wait (even with the tee box empty) untill your tee time since you got a discounted rate. But not here, they said head up to the 1st tee when ypur ready no rush check in with started and he will get ya right out. (And he did!) Worked my way around the course in just under 4 hrs and only had to wait on 1 par 3 for the green to clear. The couse had NO "gimmicky" holes and other than a couple of greens on the smaller size (just 2 or 3) the course was in great shape and super fun to play. Now I am a 12.8 hc so not the greatest golfer, but I found the course challenging enough to keep my interest and playable enough to enjoy (if that makes any sense) if you a big hitter and like to grip-rip-it and go find it, probably not the course for you (unless you super accurate with the driver) but if your like me and play to fat areas of the fairways and greens, this is a course for you. Fully enjoyed it! Will be back every time I am in the area.

Commented On 11/14/2018

Hi, Kevin. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off, and we look forward to having you back!

Great Day

Thanks for a great day the course is is great shape and the pace of play was excellent

The traps still could use some more sand

Commented On 11/05/2018

Hi Robert. Thank you so much for the review. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon!

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 10/25/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Day

The course is in the best shape I have ever seen and there is sand in the sand traps Thank you

Can’t ask for a better day on the course for the money

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hello, Robert. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed the course conditions, and we hope you join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Mare Island.

great value if you have the time flexibility

Almost always get paired up with nice guys - good golfers but not pretentious about it.

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We have some of the best golf enthusiasts here at Mare Island, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Small course

This course is tight, it’s holes are right next to each other and conditions were ok, need to clean up there fairways a little. The pro shop was empty, they didn’t have any goodies to buy, the food was good but small kitchen, only 6 things on the menu roughly, nice course if u want to go quick and don’t mind the right landscape it’s a good cheap place

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 09/27/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Mare Island.

Fix Greens and Bunkers

Overall, this is a very nice course. If some money was put into the grounds, then this would be one of the nicest courses in the Bay Area. The bunkers are pretty much clay pits most of the time, and some parts of the fairway feels like your hitting off of a concrete slab. The price for this course is sometimes worth. Will continue playing this course. Hopefully the grounds get a little better.

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 09/26/2018:
Hi, Arnett. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have shared your feedback with the necessary staff, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Mare Island.

needs water on fairways

greens were good fairways need water hit off dirt many times and hard to find a rake near bunkers plus it looks like players don't like raking the trap lots of footprints.

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 09/20/2018:
Hello, Goldie. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Value

Great value, nice greens and great views of the bay.

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for the very kind words and four stars! Please come and see us again soon!

Beat the heat.

Nice course, friendly folks. Great prices for food and drinks

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed the course, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Historic old course

Played it because it is the oldest course west of the Mississippi. Some beautiful views, and interesting holes. I would play it again, but it's not my favorite.

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello, Areiss. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

The Mare Island Challenge

This course is challenging in a number of ways. Lots of short Par 4s, but the layout requires you to place your tee shot in the right place to really have a chance to score. The wind can be tricky to mange and the slopes, forced carries, well placed bunkers and water hazards can really test your game. The mosquitos there are no joke! Make sure you bring some strong spray and wear pants. Course conditions are decent although 17th green? appears to be sick. Mare Island may not have the most comfortable conditions to play in, but I guarantee you it will leave you hungry for more...just not right away.

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We're glad you enjoyed the challenge, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

course has potential

Too many bare spots for me as well as the bunkers having little or no sand in them. The bunkers with sand have a lot of gravel in them.

The course has potential, it just needs to put some money and effort in the maintenance of the course. I understand a hotel is to be built near the course, so maybe then the course will receive a little TLC.

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 08/31/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Mare Island.

The new carts are great

What a difference..lots of power..don't slow down on the back nine..4 hours..

Thanks.

MareIslandGC
Commented On 08/20/2018

Thank you nopops22 for the four star rating and review! We hope to see you again soon on the greens!

Bad

Greens were patchy, bunkers were like playing off of concrete. There was a six'em two groups ahead with no marshal to separate them . Will not be going back there!

Beauty and the beast

Spectacular views, friendly staff. Poorly kept sand traps & fairways. Stay clear of the sand traps they are swarming with wasps.

TC

Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Response from Mare Island Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we hope you join us for another round soon. Thanks for playing Mare Island.
2.4