Yocha Dehe GC: View from #11

Yocha Dehe Golf Club at Cache Creek Casino

Year Built 2008
Architect Brad Bell (2008)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Denim, cut-off shorts, beachwear and jogging pants are not permitted.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Fun day

Course was in great condition. The fairways were great. The greens fast, but would hold approach shots. The only complaint I had was the rough was a little long for my liking. A few tomes it took a while to find golf balls in the rough because it was deep. Also I tend to devolve bad habits hitting out of long rough. I would like to see 2 different rough cuts one much sorter and only the long rough on the very edge.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Thank you for your review, and for your comments! The rough can get a little long this time of year due to trying to balance turf stress and heat with mowing schedules. We will continue to try to perfect this science as we go into the future.

Again, thank you for playing and letting us know about your experience.

Have a great day!

Director of Golf

Carts can leave you stranded

I drove my cart to an area left of the 7th green in an area that I discovered later is out of the geo-fence limits. I couldn’t back it up and had to push it back to a working area. Exhausting! Better signage is needed.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Dear tuckerdgt24,

Thanks so much for your review and letting us know about your experience. We will work with the superintendent to place better signage in that area. We restrict traffic in that area due to blind spots and safety. Certainly something that we can add signage for.

Thanks so much and have a great day!

Go for it !

For the price and the location sometimes make you want to stay away but this course make it worthwhile, because when you are there not things mattered, you and the sticks
The service and atmosphere are great
Thanks guys

Commented on 08/05/2020

Dear u7326787,

Great to hear that you enjoyed the experience! If there is anything we can ever improve on, feel free to reach out and we will be happy to assist.

Great all-around experience

Yocha Dehe never disappoints. The course, facilities, staff, and amenities are all top notch. I always enjoy my visit to play.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Dear patkilmer,

Thanks for your review and for your continued support! As always, we appreciate your business and feedback!

Cache Creek golf course

This course is a joy to play and is always in immaculate condition. The staff is always friendly and professional. We never leave the course dissatisfied and look forward to the next visit. We only wish they still offered Ztroon Tuesdays so we could play a little more often. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Commented on 07/15/2020

Dear James4453841,

Thank you for your review and for playing! It is always nice to hear about another great experience by one of our guests. Once the COVID-19 environment improves a bit more, we will start offering Troon Tuesdays again. Right now the demand is so high for golf that we don't have enough open space to have one of these promotions. I am confident that this will change as time goes on and we will be offering these soon.

Again thank you for the feedback and see you again very soon!

A beautiful day

When I drove in my temperature was taken, everything was already Paid for. I just picked up my cart and went immediately to the driving range. Then the Marshal came by and let me know when my time was, which He was very efficient and courteous. My understanding is they have given more time between golfers and foursomes so nobody was pressing us we were not pressing anyone. The staff had their mask on, and seemed very well aware, and respectful of all of our health concerns. A great day

Commented on 06/20/2020

Dear Rkeith17135.

It is great to hear about your experience. We rely on feedback from our guests to make sure our procedures are keeping our guests safe. It sounds like we accomplished that goal during your visit. Come see us again soon!

Stay safe

Simply stunning

I’ve played this course a number of times. The setting is beautiful. The conditions are superb. The layout is challenging and beautiful. How ever far you might have to drive, it is worth it. The greens are good sized and roll true. I don’t know if you can find a bad lie in the fairway. The rough might be difficult to hit from. It is fairly thick but not too deep. What ever you score, you can always go to the casino and try your luck there or enjoy one of the many restaurants that are available after your game. Treat yourself and play Yocha Dehe.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Dear Edhull,

Thank you for visiting! We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy more than just the golf course during your visit. Come visit us when we finish the hotel expansion!

California Advisor

Very good experiences

I drove 110 miles each way to get to Yocha Dehe and I liked it so much I did it again the following weekend. The course is excellent and starts with a very elevated tee shot into a perfectly manicured fairway. Greens were true, but not overly fast. Every hole presents a new challenge. Water comes into play on a few holes. Staff was friendly, range and practice area were very nice.

Only downside is that green to tee the holes are often pretty far apart, which makes walking the course pretty challenging.

I don't know if I'll be back again this season just because the distance is so far, but the course is an absolute gem.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Dear jdiamond7,

Thank you so much for making that drive! It can be a long one, but we are happy that we made it worth your time.

Come see us again when you can!

This course is beautiful

I have played this course probably 20 times! Never has it been cart path only!! I didn’t find out until the first tee!! Normally I wouldn’t mind but I was playing with my dad who is 78 and has COPD but still shoots near his age!! When asked about him going on the fairways they had no leniency!! If I knew this before hand I wouldn’t have had him play!! An email would have been nice but other than that this course is the best around!!

Commented on 05/21/2020

Dear u000001314012,

Thank you for your review and for playing! We certainly appreciate you visiting us during these hard times.

We want to apologize for the cart path only. Unfortunately we did no expect to get the amount of rain that we got the night before, making cart path only necessary. We typically like to let our golfers know ahead of time but unfortunately did not have enough time to do so efficiently. We will look at ways to improve this in the future.

Again thank you for playing and come see us again soon! Have a great day.

Course Closed due to Corona Virus

Didn't get to play due to Corona Virus. I tried to cancel my round, but when I called the 800 number it said Golf Now was closed. I cancelled it on line as well and it said I missed the cut. I am hoping to get reimbursed for my deposit since it was out of my control.

Thank you and see you when things get back to normal.

Bryce Robicheau

Dear Bryce,

Please reach out to Will Foust, Director of Golf at 530.796.5804 when we re-open if you are still having issues. We are not sure of an opening date yet, but will be sure to help you with any concerns you have regarding your deposit.

Thanks

This is one of the very best daily fee courses in Northern CA

I have played Yocha Dehe many times and have never had a bad round there. Today it rained a bit but the course was in perfect condition. Tees, fairways, bunkers, and greens were as good as the best courses in the world. Even the rough was perfect (eg deep grass and hard to get out of)..The staff acts like they want you to have a great time and my wife and i did as we have many times before today..

All things considered this is my favorite golf course in Northern California..

Dear rmkyhn,

Thank you for playing and toughing out the rain! We appreciate your visit and please come see us again.

Immaculate condition

I have played this course several times and it’s never disappointing. From the staff and from tee to greens, top-notch. The course is in immaculate condition. The best Condition all-year- round.

Dear Dobster54,

Thank you for making the drive out to play! Sorry for the late response as we typically prefer to respond to these sooner. We look forward to your return in the future.

Alberta Advisor

Yocha Dehe GC @ Cache Creek Casino

This is my third round at Yocha Dehe in 6 days and every round here has been an absolute pleasure.

There are 5 tee boxes on every hole to choose from. The fairways are player friendly and the rough may or may not penalize you. The bunkers seem to be in all the right spots. The greens provide large targets to hit and putts rolled exactly where you aimed. The closing holes 15 through 18 are pure fun. ​

​Others have commented that this course is out in the middle of no where but I beg to differ. It's well worth every golfers time to find their way here and play. The service provided by the staff was second to none. Their attention to detail, the course conditioning and one great hole after another make this course stand out from the rest.

Alberta Advisor

Yocha Dehe GC @ Cache Creek Casino

While researching golf courses to play in and around the Sacramento area, Yocha Dehe GC came up repeatedly as one of those "must play" courses. Past experience playing casino associated courses has always been good and Yocha Dehe is right up there in that regard.

It's about a 45 minute drive from downtown Sacramento and well worth the drive. Staff were friendly and courteous.

Nice practice areas are available to work on any shortcomings in your game. The practice greens were a fair representation of how the courses greens were playing...fast and rolling true. I've never been a fan of Club Car golf carts but I have to say the carts on the property were decked out with all the bells and whistles,...GPS, ice in the coolers, split windshield and thick and comfy faux ostrich leather seats.

The first tee is perched atop a hill that looks out onto the course and the surrounding Capay Valley. A pristine fairway lies no less than 90 feet below. I've played many mountain courses over the years and dramatic drives from on high never get old.

One good hole follows the other at Yocha Dehe. Fairways are wide and well struck balls will run out. The white sand filled bunkers are strategic in their placement throughout the course especially around the greens. The greens are large and undulating. They rolled consistently at a nice pace. Water hazards can come into play on a few holes, Holes 4, 10, 15, 16, 17 and 18.

The course is a "must play". Fantastic conditioning, attention to detail and exceptional service from staff.

Dear David1684852,

Thank you so much for playing. Our apologies for the late response as we usually like to get around to these sooner. We look forward to you returning in the future!

Have a great day,