Yocha Dehe GC: View from #11

Yocha Dehe Golf Club at Cache Creek Casino

Year Built 2008
Architect Brad Bell (2008)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Denim, cut-off shorts, beachwear and jogging pants are not permitted.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

hubby's birthday wish

It was a perfect weekday and my husband asked to play this specific golf course which became a tradition for him. Friends were not able to take him so I reserved the tee time for him and a couple of our family. we had a great time and staff are very nice and assistive. Except for the foursome elderly ladies in front of us that delayed the game about 30 minutes which is forgivable since the afternoon heat is picking up. Overall it was a great game - we shall return!!
Thank you for keeping the course healthy.

Commented on 06/25/2018

Dear Dionoa,

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy that your husband was able to enjoy his birthday at Yocha Dehe! What a great way to spend the day. Thanks for playing, and come see us again soon.

California Advisor

Losing Stars

Well, most people give this place 5 stars or write a review from one star to 5. I’m counting down from 5 stars rather than up from one. Minus a star for the ! And not knowing what it means. We called the course to ask, Like greens being sanded or something and they said they had no idea. Well have a clue then because they are sanded and you still charged a premium. No thanks to you for asking your head pro as well while we were on hold waiting for your answer.
Drove two hours to play sanded greens. Thanks so much!

Minus another star for being soggy all over course. We have never played this course at less than a 5 star rating, Fast and firm, or otherwise. It’s gone a bit downhill.

Why so wet? It’s barely rained. Maintaining course this time of year is one thing I get but wow this course got tore up in spots and some
Were not repaired?

I would minus another star for the carts stopping in the middle of the fairways making you go backwards to return to the cart path. But they are nice carts. Problem was the flattest parts of the course were under repair down the middle of the fairway with no signage saying no carts.

I would also minus another star for teeing us off 30 minutes late! And having the last group think it’s ok to join us on the last few holes. It’s Not ok But then it would be a zero star course If I took another away which it is not. But man, Get a clue. Covid times or not, get a clue. It’s not a public course feel but sure felt like it.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Dear bolt65,

I really appreciate you bringing up these concerning issues to us. Please feel free to reach out to myself Will Foust (Director of Golf) to discuss these concerns personally at 530.979.6713. We will make this up to you as clearly your experience was well below our standard.

I'd like to try and address some of these concerns, but by no means make any excuses. I also think a lengthy response is necessary as there is a lot to address.

As it relates to the course conditions, play is about 150% of what it was a year ago and in November it was 200% of what it normally is. Paired with irregular precipitation and now a dry period, it has been a challenging year to not only keep irrigation levels correct, but also keep the levels of salt and contaminants from the irrigation from building up in the soils. Bottom line is with rounds way up and no precipitation, we have certainly had a challenge in 2020. Cart traffic doubling and no precip is hard to overcome. We are also in the process of replacing part of our irrigation mainline in early 2021 which will help us eliminate some of the contaminants in the soil and keep a consistent turf condition throughout the entire golf course. We have had a few days where we are on the wet side, but this is a direct result of the above issues. Course conditions for a public course like ours with the amount of play we've had is still above par. Although with the year we've had, it is a noticeably different par.

As for the sanded greens, the shop should have been able to get a better answer. Moving forward so you know, we do a light topdress every Monday morning to keep the consistency of the greens throughout the week. This has been a practice for several years and apologize that we did not make this apparent.

Regarding the 30 minute delay, there isn't much we can do with that as frost delays are common this time of year. We try our best to communicate ahead of time, but frost is very hard to predict and delay times are almost impossible to predict. We always do our best to get golfers back on time as quick as possible.

We will also address the cart path only holes. I know our starter communicates this to every group and signs are out there every morning when I drive the course, but we may have missed the day you played for some reason. This will be looked at and addressed.

Again we appreciate your time letting us know about your experience. I will be available for a call whenever you'd like to discuss further.

Very Nice Course

Great design in a beautiful valley of rolling hills. I liked the fact the greens were larger, with a variety of options for pin placements. Course was in great shape, fairways cut tight. Clubhouse was classy, well designed.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Dear thevas,

Thank you for your review and for playing our facility! We are looking forward to having you as a guest in the near future. Let us know what we can do to make your next visit a 5 star visit.

Thanks and have a great day!
Will Foust, Director of Golf

Fun day

Course was in great condition. The fairways were great. The greens fast, but would hold approach shots. The only complaint I had was the rough was a little long for my liking. A few tomes it took a while to find golf balls in the rough because it was deep. Also I tend to devolve bad habits hitting out of long rough. I would like to see 2 different rough cuts one much sorter and only the long rough on the very edge.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Thank you for your review, and for your comments! The rough can get a little long this time of year due to trying to balance turf stress and heat with mowing schedules. We will continue to try to perfect this science as we go into the future.

Again, thank you for playing and letting us know about your experience.

Have a great day!

Director of Golf

Carts can leave you stranded

I drove my cart to an area left of the 7th green in an area that I discovered later is out of the geo-fence limits. I couldn’t back it up and had to push it back to a working area. Exhausting! Better signage is needed.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Dear tuckerdgt24,

Thanks so much for your review and letting us know about your experience. We will work with the superintendent to place better signage in that area. We restrict traffic in that area due to blind spots and safety. Certainly something that we can add signage for.

Thanks so much and have a great day!

Go for it !

For the price and the location sometimes make you want to stay away but this course make it worthwhile, because when you are there not things mattered, you and the sticks
The service and atmosphere are great
Thanks guys

Commented on 08/05/2020

Dear u7326787,

Great to hear that you enjoyed the experience! If there is anything we can ever improve on, feel free to reach out and we will be happy to assist.

Great all-around experience

Yocha Dehe never disappoints. The course, facilities, staff, and amenities are all top notch. I always enjoy my visit to play.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Dear patkilmer,

Thanks for your review and for your continued support! As always, we appreciate your business and feedback!

Cache Creek golf course

This course is a joy to play and is always in immaculate condition. The staff is always friendly and professional. We never leave the course dissatisfied and look forward to the next visit. We only wish they still offered Ztroon Tuesdays so we could play a little more often. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Commented on 07/15/2020

Dear James4453841,

Thank you for your review and for playing! It is always nice to hear about another great experience by one of our guests. Once the COVID-19 environment improves a bit more, we will start offering Troon Tuesdays again. Right now the demand is so high for golf that we don't have enough open space to have one of these promotions. I am confident that this will change as time goes on and we will be offering these soon.

Again thank you for the feedback and see you again very soon!

A beautiful day

When I drove in my temperature was taken, everything was already Paid for. I just picked up my cart and went immediately to the driving range. Then the Marshal came by and let me know when my time was, which He was very efficient and courteous. My understanding is they have given more time between golfers and foursomes so nobody was pressing us we were not pressing anyone. The staff had their mask on, and seemed very well aware, and respectful of all of our health concerns. A great day

Commented on 06/20/2020

Dear Rkeith17135.

It is great to hear about your experience. We rely on feedback from our guests to make sure our procedures are keeping our guests safe. It sounds like we accomplished that goal during your visit. Come see us again soon!

Stay safe

Simply stunning

I’ve played this course a number of times. The setting is beautiful. The conditions are superb. The layout is challenging and beautiful. How ever far you might have to drive, it is worth it. The greens are good sized and roll true. I don’t know if you can find a bad lie in the fairway. The rough might be difficult to hit from. It is fairly thick but not too deep. What ever you score, you can always go to the casino and try your luck there or enjoy one of the many restaurants that are available after your game. Treat yourself and play Yocha Dehe.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Dear Edhull,

Thank you for visiting! We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy more than just the golf course during your visit. Come visit us when we finish the hotel expansion!

California Advisor

Very good experiences

I drove 110 miles each way to get to Yocha Dehe and I liked it so much I did it again the following weekend. The course is excellent and starts with a very elevated tee shot into a perfectly manicured fairway. Greens were true, but not overly fast. Every hole presents a new challenge. Water comes into play on a few holes. Staff was friendly, range and practice area were very nice.

Only downside is that green to tee the holes are often pretty far apart, which makes walking the course pretty challenging.

I don't know if I'll be back again this season just because the distance is so far, but the course is an absolute gem.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Dear jdiamond7,

Thank you so much for making that drive! It can be a long one, but we are happy that we made it worth your time.

Come see us again when you can!

This course is beautiful

I have played this course probably 20 times! Never has it been cart path only!! I didn’t find out until the first tee!! Normally I wouldn’t mind but I was playing with my dad who is 78 and has COPD but still shoots near his age!! When asked about him going on the fairways they had no leniency!! If I knew this before hand I wouldn’t have had him play!! An email would have been nice but other than that this course is the best around!!

Commented on 05/21/2020

Dear u000001314012,

Thank you for your review and for playing! We certainly appreciate you visiting us during these hard times.

We want to apologize for the cart path only. Unfortunately we did no expect to get the amount of rain that we got the night before, making cart path only necessary. We typically like to let our golfers know ahead of time but unfortunately did not have enough time to do so efficiently. We will look at ways to improve this in the future.

Again thank you for playing and come see us again soon! Have a great day.

Course Closed due to Corona Virus

Didn't get to play due to Corona Virus. I tried to cancel my round, but when I called the 800 number it said Golf Now was closed. I cancelled it on line as well and it said I missed the cut. I am hoping to get reimbursed for my deposit since it was out of my control.

Thank you and see you when things get back to normal.

Bryce Robicheau

Commented on 04/09/2020

Dear Bryce,

Please reach out to Will Foust, Director of Golf at 530.796.5804 when we re-open if you are still having issues. We are not sure of an opening date yet, but will be sure to help you with any concerns you have regarding your deposit.

Thanks

This is one of the very best daily fee courses in Northern CA

I have played Yocha Dehe many times and have never had a bad round there. Today it rained a bit but the course was in perfect condition. Tees, fairways, bunkers, and greens were as good as the best courses in the world. Even the rough was perfect (eg deep grass and hard to get out of)..The staff acts like they want you to have a great time and my wife and i did as we have many times before today..

All things considered this is my favorite golf course in Northern California..

Commented on 04/09/2020

Dear rmkyhn,

Thank you for playing and toughing out the rain! We appreciate your visit and please come see us again.

Woodland, California