Yocha Dehe GC: View from #11

Yocha Dehe Golf Club at Cache Creek Casino

Year Built 2008
Architect Brad Bell (2008)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Denim, cut-off shorts, beachwear and jogging pants are not permitted.

One of the best

If Yocha Dehe isn't the best daily fee golf course in Northern California for +/- $100 I don't know what is. I've played Yocha Dehe 10 times this year and it has always been in great shape. The stall is great and it feels more like a private club. WHile it is fair and playable it is also tough with hazards placed in places good players hit the ball.it has a very nice range (free use with green fee) and practice areas that again, more resembles a private club.

It's associated with a Nearby Casino which is also good or so I'm told as I only gamble when playing golf ;-)

Commented on 08/07/2018

Dear rmkyhn,

Thank you for your kind words! We always appreciate hearing about these experiences, and look forward to continuing to provide this experience every time you come play.

Have a great day!

This course is beautiful

I have played this course probably 20 times! Never has it been cart path only!! I didn’t find out until the first tee!! Normally I wouldn’t mind but I was playing with my dad who is 78 and has COPD but still shoots near his age!! When asked about him going on the fairways they had no leniency!! If I knew this before hand I wouldn’t have had him play!! An email would have been nice but other than that this course is the best around!!

Commented on 05/21/2020

Dear u000001314012,

Thank you for your review and for playing! We certainly appreciate you visiting us during these hard times.

We want to apologize for the cart path only. Unfortunately we did no expect to get the amount of rain that we got the night before, making cart path only necessary. We typically like to let our golfers know ahead of time but unfortunately did not have enough time to do so efficiently. We will look at ways to improve this in the future.

Again thank you for playing and come see us again soon! Have a great day.

Course Closed due to Corona Virus

Didn't get to play due to Corona Virus. I tried to cancel my round, but when I called the 800 number it said Golf Now was closed. I cancelled it on line as well and it said I missed the cut. I am hoping to get reimbursed for my deposit since it was out of my control.

Thank you and see you when things get back to normal.

Bryce Robicheau

Dear Bryce,

Please reach out to Will Foust, Director of Golf at 530.796.5804 when we re-open if you are still having issues. We are not sure of an opening date yet, but will be sure to help you with any concerns you have regarding your deposit.

Thanks

This is one of the very best daily fee courses in Northern CA

I have played Yocha Dehe many times and have never had a bad round there. Today it rained a bit but the course was in perfect condition. Tees, fairways, bunkers, and greens were as good as the best courses in the world. Even the rough was perfect (eg deep grass and hard to get out of)..The staff acts like they want you to have a great time and my wife and i did as we have many times before today..

All things considered this is my favorite golf course in Northern California..

Dear rmkyhn,

Thank you for playing and toughing out the rain! We appreciate your visit and please come see us again.

Immaculate condition

I have played this course several times and it’s never disappointing. From the staff and from tee to greens, top-notch. The course is in immaculate condition. The best Condition all-year- round.

Dear Dobster54,

Thank you for making the drive out to play! Sorry for the late response as we typically prefer to respond to these sooner. We look forward to your return in the future.

Alberta Advisor

Yocha Dehe GC @ Cache Creek Casino

This is my third round at Yocha Dehe in 6 days and every round here has been an absolute pleasure.

There are 5 tee boxes on every hole to choose from. The fairways are player friendly and the rough may or may not penalize you. The bunkers seem to be in all the right spots. The greens provide large targets to hit and putts rolled exactly where you aimed. The closing holes 15 through 18 are pure fun. ​

​Others have commented that this course is out in the middle of no where but I beg to differ. It's well worth every golfers time to find their way here and play. The service provided by the staff was second to none. Their attention to detail, the course conditioning and one great hole after another make this course stand out from the rest.

Alberta Advisor

Yocha Dehe GC @ Cache Creek Casino

While researching golf courses to play in and around the Sacramento area, Yocha Dehe GC came up repeatedly as one of those "must play" courses. Past experience playing casino associated courses has always been good and Yocha Dehe is right up there in that regard.

It's about a 45 minute drive from downtown Sacramento and well worth the drive. Staff were friendly and courteous.

Nice practice areas are available to work on any shortcomings in your game. The practice greens were a fair representation of how the courses greens were playing...fast and rolling true. I've never been a fan of Club Car golf carts but I have to say the carts on the property were decked out with all the bells and whistles,...GPS, ice in the coolers, split windshield and thick and comfy faux ostrich leather seats.

The first tee is perched atop a hill that looks out onto the course and the surrounding Capay Valley. A pristine fairway lies no less than 90 feet below. I've played many mountain courses over the years and dramatic drives from on high never get old.

One good hole follows the other at Yocha Dehe. Fairways are wide and well struck balls will run out. The white sand filled bunkers are strategic in their placement throughout the course especially around the greens. The greens are large and undulating. They rolled consistently at a nice pace. Water hazards can come into play on a few holes, Holes 4, 10, 15, 16, 17 and 18.

The course is a "must play". Fantastic conditioning, attention to detail and exceptional service from staff.

Dear David1684852,

Thank you so much for playing. Our apologies for the late response as we usually like to get around to these sooner. We look forward to you returning in the future!

Have a great day,

Director of Golf

This place is the real deal.

Hands down one of the nicest courses i have played. The tee boxes were being redone and they pushed the tees up a little but those ones were still perfect. Honestly no complaining here. Course conditions 100% The staff was very friendly and willing to help you with anything and at the end of the round i was handed a mango scented towel! OHH MYY that was great. Thank you.

Commented on 02/22/2020

Deaer u2639392,

Thank you for your review, and for your comments about the course and staff! We certainly appreciate this, and look forward to your return!

Big valley of greens

Great place to stay and play the atmosphere and friendly staffs make you feel like you are special it doesn’t matter what level of golfers you are the fairways are well kept and the greens are in excellent condition
We’ll be back !

Commented on 02/22/2020

Dear u7326787,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review! It is great to hear about these experiences. Come see us again soon.

Must Play

If you are within 2 hours of this course and you love Golf, you must play this at least once. From the Bag drop to bartender at the 19th, every person truly cares about providing the best service.
The course conditions and layout are unmatched.
I play 50 times a year all around Nor-Cal and this would easily be in my top 5.
The management and staff should be commended for bringing a top notch golf experience to Northern Calif.

Dear cbrew7,

Thank you for making the drive and for your compliments. We wouldn't be anywhere without guests like you. Thank you for visiting our facility and come see us again soon!

Another day in paradise

A great day, weather perfect, even though I didn’t have my A game; it is always in such great shape. I drive an hour to play, it is that good.
My fellow golfers need to fix their ball marks on the green; it’s disrespectful not too.

Dear Rkeith17135,

Thank you for your review! Agreed that golfers repairing ball marks is important. We will see what we can do to stress this to our golfers.

Thank you and have a great day!

Scottish Golf at Yocha

Freezing cold gust at 20mph. made putting tuff, let alone irons and woods. great day, not great scores. cant wait to get back.

Dear scmaota,

Thank you for your review and for braving the wind and cold! Come see us when the weather is perfect in May. Always a great time!

Thanks and have a great day

It is still a pleasure

This is not my first review of this course. But I love it for the moment you drive up, to the moment you leave, you’re treated with respect, and appreciation for playing this course, and the pride they show.
It’s a great layout, it’s beautiful, challenging, and in superb shape; I drive an hour just to play this course.

Commented on 01/19/2020

Dear Rkeith17135,

Thank you for making the return trip to Yocha Dehe Golf Club, and for your kind words! We really appreciate this and look forward to your return.

California Advisor

Awesome course

This is one of my favorite courses to play. The views are incredible, the course layout is fantastic. The greens, bunkers, and fairways are always in great shape. There are a lot of elevation changes, numerous water hazards, and a few forced layups. The driving rage is interesting, you hit from fake turf on an elevated hill, you hit over grass to greens that are downhill. The distances are deceiving, what looks like and reads 150 on your range finder, feels more like 175 to 180.
There are cabinets with cold water for your drinking at every 3rd hole (I believe it's every 3rd hole).
They have very comfortable carts with GPS and a cooler with ice in them.
When finished, you are greeted by an associate who cleans your clubs and gives you warm towel to wash your face and hands, it has mango in it!.
After golf, go into the Bahtenta restaurant and bar, the food is fantastic, the views are beautiful, and the staff is wonderful!
I just wish I could afford to golf here every week.

Commented on 01/13/2020

Dear Titaniumhen,

Thank you for taking the time to write this in depth review! We appreciate you playing our facility and for taking the time to write about your experience.

Come see us again soon!

I’ll be back

Four stars because all the chumps that play here and don’t take care of the greens. The greens were fast and true if you got a line that didn’t have cleat marks or divots. Other than that negative, this course is perfection. Absolutely worth the drive to the middle of nowhere.

Dear chadacav,

Thank you for playing Yocha Dehe Golf Club! It can be frustrating when guests don't fix ball marks. We will do our part to continue to educate golfers on the importance of this. Thanks again for your review, and we will look forward to your return!

Add beautiful day

The course is in great shape it’s such a beautiful golf course, challenging and visually enticing; It’s an hour drive for me to get here but I’m happy every time I’ve made this drive.

Dear Rkeith17135.

Thank you for playing and thank you for your review! Great to see that your experience was up to par!

See you soon

Best in Norcal

Even if it wasn't such a great course, the level of service by the entire staff would make it a fun place, they never fail to impress, super friendly and helpful at all times. Great conditions, best carts around, free cold water bottles in fridges on the course, complementary coffee, etc. And the course itself is top-notch in all aspects, fun and challenging in a gorgeous setting. 5 star all the way.

Dear kendwells2.

Awesome to see you comments about service! We pride ourselves on creating a fun environment for everybody, and work hard to achieve this every day.

Come see us again soon!

Cold, rainy, excellent round

The temperature was in the 40s. Steady rain on the back nine. Carts on the cart path only. I don't think 10 golfers tee'd it up on Sunday. The staff was courteous, and the course is beautiful. I played as a single and thoroughly enjoyed the round. Won a few hundred at the casino that evening.

Dear sdrs,

Sounds like a great day all around, including the win at the casino! Hopefully you can come visit again soon!

Have a great 2020!