Year Built 2000
Greens Blue Grass

Great course for the price

The greens are coming back. Great course layout. The course shape is overall well!

Commented on 02/15/2020

Thank you for the positive review and your continued patronage. We will keep working on it to keep you coming back!

Commented on 02/15/2020

We are sorry you had a less than enjoyable experience on our golf course. That is never our aim. Was there a certain area you could provide us feedback on so we could focus our attention into making your next round what it should be?

Commented on 02/15/2020

We thank you for taking the time to review our course. We apologize that your experience was not what it should have been. We'd love some feedback to make sure your next outing with us is what it should be.

Great time

Great people fun course terrific pace of play. Couldn’t be happier.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Glad you had a great round with us! We appreciate all the kind feedback. See you soon!

Great value

Greens were a little bouncy but the rest of the course was in great shape.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Thanks for the feedback, we will get those greens ripe for your next outing. Hope to see you soon!

Course was in great shape for late December. Greens were a little bumpy but playable. Great value for the money.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Thank you for joining us! Come back and see us soon!

Course held up well in rain

It was a wet and soggy day but the course played ok.

Commented on 12/14/2019

It's been a wet December but glad you joined us. Have an excellent holiday season!

standard muni round in december

Course is in the middle of no where, there are some great holes that offer different challenges. The design works in water, traps and dog legs well. From the black tees, there are several over grown trees the restrict the golfers options, the par 11 especially. The check in was strange, I was given a key to a cart, and zero information regarding 90* ( very wet) , location of cart,1st tee, range etc..

Commented on 12/14/2019

We appreciate your feedback and making the drive out to see us. We like to say we are in the middle of nowhere but 20 minutes from everywhere. We are sorry to hear about your less than directive check in. We will do our best to improve our reception for your future outings. Happy Holidays!

Peaceful

Was very peaceful. Had al lit of fun playing this course. Had one of my best games ever. Recommend this course for everyone.

Commented on 12/07/2019

We appreciate you coming out and leaving us a positive review. We hope to have you out again soon. Happy Holidays!

no water

the course is desperately in need of watering, there was no water to drink on the entire course, 25 % of the greens have burn patches

Commented on 12/07/2019

We thank you for your feedback, we are continuously working on improvements here at ROGC and appreciate you highlighting areas we need to work on.
We do have three water stations on the course located on #4/#5 the Driving Range and #15 as well as free water available in the Clubhouse. We hope you have an easier time finding it on your next outing if you choose to join us once again.
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We hope you will make your way back to us.

Terrific course

Not a championship layout but a great course constantly being groomed and a good value.

Commented on 12/07/2019

We appreciate your comment and glad you enjoyed your time with us. Come back soon!

Commented on 10/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!

The course was nice but the greens were rough

I felt that the course generally was in nice shape but the greens were in very bad shape with lots of crabgrass it was very hard to get a pure roll ... and some of the tee boxes needed to be mowed a little closer because the grass length swallowed up half of my tee on most of the driver holes. I’ve played this course probably 30-35 times overall, I would play it again it is very quiet out there very conducive to peaceful golf.

Commented on 10/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us some good feedback. The last month has been a tough one on the course. We are working long and hard to get it back to where you and we want it. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Punch greens

Played behind a 2 some and had to wait on ever hole no marshals. Greens was just punched and no notifications when booking tee time

Commented on 10/09/2019

We are sorry to hear your day was less than it should have been. We do our best to inform everyone when we punch and we apologize that you slipped through the cracks.
Aeration, while not fun for golfers, is an absolute necessity to keep the green playable in the long run. We hope your next outing with us will be up to your satisfaction. We appreciate the honest feedback and will strive to do better by you in the future.

-River Oaks Golf Club

Beautiful course, big trees, nice layout

Have been hearing about River Oaks recently, was glad I drove the 30 minutes from Sacramento. The layout is nice, somewhat challenging but fair. Some really great holes (#9--long par 4, with creek to carry on the approach, #15, blind tee par 5, dog leg left, water all along the left). Beautiful heritage live oaks all around the course. A couple of greens with significant burnt-out areas, some of the greens a bit soggy. Minor issues. Friendly staff. Look forward to playing again.

Commented on 08/21/2019

Thank you for coming out and taking the time to provide us with some great feedback. We will continue to work on improving the course to make your next experience better than the last.

No Customer Service

The course is not a bad layout. I have played there many times. A new group took over a couple of years ago and they are operating on a tight budget. The desk person is a very unpleasant, gruff woman who does not have a clue about building the customer base. She rules with an unbending and arbitrary attitude. She overcharged me on a expired Golf Moose voucher and told me to call Golf Moose if I didn't like her answer. While Golf Moose informed me that the handling of these types of situation is up to individual course policy, they agreed that it could have been handled much better. I will not be returning to this course unless they get a new person to handle the desk and keep their rates commensurate with the condition of the course.

Commented on 08/21/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us some insight into the areas we need to improve on. We apologize for not providing you with the experience you deserve. We will most definitely make sure this issue is remedied.

Hidden Gem

I recently received a Golf Moose coupon for River Oaks GC, in Nicholas, CA. I was unfamiliar with the location until I met a buddy at River Oaks GC to play a round. About 35 minutes n of Sacramento in acres of orchards. The day was quiet and pleasant.
The clubhouse is the restaurant, they keep it simple.We grabbed an electric cart and went to the range, a small simple area to warm up before teeing off. We also tried the putting green, which was not fast.
After a small wait, we hit the 1st tee. We had a slow foursome in front of us, and a group in front of them so it was going to be a long day (which was fine because I had plenty of cigars and beverages).
During the round, I was struck by the quiet pleasant feel of the track. Plenty of tress, not too many.. Some water, not too much. I did enjoy a few blind tee shots, which made you think about how to consider the 2nd shot (which to me is fun).
Overall, my buddy and I agreed that we enjoyed the round and would return. As a side, we ordered a beer and a sandwich afterward, which was tasty and well priced.

See you next time, River Oaks GC.

Commented on 08/07/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us some great feedback! We appreciate you checking us out and look forward to your return. We will continue to work hard to make sure your next experience is better than the last. We will strive to get our hidden gem in the shape it should be.

Marysville, California
Roseville, California
Woodland, California
Roseville, California

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.