River Oaks Golf Club

River Oaks Golf Club
Blue (W) 71 6005 yards 74.1 132
Scorecard for River Oaks Golf Club
Black M: 70.9/125 379 372 194 501 534 204 402 164 417 3167 418 229 306 545 177 517 338 393 377 3300 6467
Blue M: 68.8/123 W: 74.0/130 359 346 173 484 509 178 380 149 394 2972 395 182 282 501 152 489 313 364 355 3033 6005
White M: 66.0/112 W: 70.5/123 334 297 155 427 473 164 337 132 356 2675 378 139 256 453 131 451 266 317 308 2699 5374
Red M: 62.9/107 W: 66.9/112 292 261 136 388 440 149 291 111 326 2394 303 104 228 416 100 420 238 264 252 2325 4719

Year Built 2000
Greens Blue Grass

Great drainage

Flooding all around course but RO was very playable with not even a puddle

Commented On 2019-02-08T22:24:11.000+00:00

Thank you for the positive review. The course is loving the rain while draining well and providing a great experience for all our guests. We hope to see you soon!

-ROGC

Course continues to improve

River Oaks condition was very good and the greens are in good condition and fast. They were also actively

mowing the rough and blowing leaves. Weplayed in 3.5 hours. The senior rate is very fair. Be sure and pick the right tees for your skill level as wetlands come into play on many holes.

Commented On 2019-01-17T23:18:14.000+00:00

Thank you so much for joining us and the positive feedback. We will continue with course improvements and do our best to provide a serene and enjoyable atmosphere for all our guests!

Would Not Honor Gift Certificate

I won a gift certificate to River Oaks Golf Club in a charity golf event. I gave it to my husband so he could take his brother in law golfing. When he presented the certificate at the club house, he was told that the certificate was "too old", and they would not honor it. Nor would they give them any kind of discount to play as compensation. Needless to say, they were very disappointed, as they had driven 45 minutes to get there. I think this is very poor customer service, and we will never play there again.

Commented On 2018-10-27T20:07:20.000+00:00

River Oaks offers its sincerest apologies for being unable to honor the gift certificate you presented. River Oaks is under new management and ownership. The gift certificate presented was five years old and not valid as of August of 2017. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Love this course.

Always a fun course. Greens are a bit fast so takes a few holes to get putting under control. Nice wide fairways and just enough trouble to make it fun.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:21:15.000+00:00

river oaks

Nice day fast okay. Greens are getting better. They put s lot of work into this course and it’s a great course in the country

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:20:53.000+00:00

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:04:27.000+00:00

No mention. That the greens had been recently aerated

Commented On 2018-10-23T20:53:46.000+00:00

Mr. Frey,

River Oaks offers its sincerest apologies that you were not informed about our recent punch. Our staff was directed to tell all players about the conditions and it is unacceptable to know that communication was lost. The greens are fully healed now and I do hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you. We are striving for success here and value your feedback.

Poor management and conditions

Got a golf now hot deal that said nothing about

The greens just punched and sanded. Drove 20 miles for poor conditions of greens not only punched, sanded, full of weeds and 6 greens with large dead area in greens. Paid hot deal of 30 and 4 dollars for balls and never was told anything from staff about conditions. Not a hot deal, but a rotten deal. Was told by another disgusted gentlemen that he was give free range balls, we were charged. At the end of the round I went to the pro shop and discussed the situation and wish I had been told something. His response was, “you need to go over to the pros office (in another building) and discuss it with him, I don’t think it’s fair but they don’t listen to me”. Again not a hot deal but a rotten deal. I would advise anyone to save the drive and money and go elsewhere

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:02:36.000+00:00

ROGC apologizes for your previous experience on less than ideal playing conditions. Our Staff should have been more communicative in letting you know about the recent punch. Being a golfer myself, I know how aggravating this must have been. River Oaks would be happy to take care of your next round as our greens have healed nicely and are ripe for play. Once again we offer our most sincere apology as this is not the experience we wish for any of our guests.

Course is finally coming back, it is green and playing very well, intend to try and play at least a couple times a month

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:05:07.000+00:00

Welcome Back

I had not played here since the floods and was a little apprehensive about doing so. I am glad I tried it again. The greens are a bit spongy and quite slow but they are in good shape and roll well. The fairways are not perfect but are certainly acceptable. The bunkers are better than I remembered them. All in all, this course is back in my rotation.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:06:11.000+00:00

great value for the money

This is a fun course to play. Greens are in good shape but on the slow side. For the money one of the best deals in the area.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:06:29.000+00:00

Amazing turn around!

4 months ago( last time I played here) the greens were half weeds...not anymore! Whoever the greenskeeper is has done an amazing job! If there were bare patches on the greens you had to be looking hard for them as I found them to be as good as any other course in the area. That and the rest of the course being in great shape means you will not be disappointed plying here again.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:06:48.000+00:00

Played here right after they opened last fall and the course was terrible. They have put a lot of work into recovering the course. It is in very good shape and the greens are great, minus a couple of minor spots here and there.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:07:06.000+00:00

great course for the price.

I know this course has gone through a restructuring, and I heard a few months ago that the conditions were pretty rough but it was an absolutely excellent condition when we played the greens are about 90% well worth the money .

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:07:29.000+00:00

NOt whaqt it used to be but still fun

Unfortunately, the greens are SLOW.. I'd say 3-4 on the stimp meter.. you have to have a wrist break to get it there.. BUT, every green was the same.. only the fairways were a hair slower. but they were firm for some roll.. played 18 at 10am in 3:15, so pace was great.. I'll go back and even tho $30 (senior rate) wasn't bad with cart on a Sunday, I'll look for cheaper deals there..

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:08:37.000+00:00

Thank you for your comment, River Oaks appreciates you coming out and enjoying all we have to offer. We are grateful for your feedback. We have since made more improvements and the course is still coming along. We hope you will come back soon.

Great potential

I used to play this course 4-5 times a year and I really enjoy the layout. It was flooded recently and I know it is on its way to recovery. The reviews I read said it was close to great, but I found the greens to be VERY bumpy and slow, like putting on fly paper. It the turn, we went to the bar for a refreshment and the gal has no business being in customer service. There was a nod for a greeting, an attitude while making the beer Bloody Mary and no thank you. They should consider putting her on a lawn mower.

A rough course with a great staff will always get me back. but the course conditions combined with a rude staff doesn't make me feel the need to support the business.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:11:24.000+00:00

We thank you for your feedback and hope you will return again to see how far we've come. Comments like yours help us improve where we lack and are vital for River Oaks to be everything it should. Thank you for your honesty.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I had a pleasant experience before signing in speaking with one of the owners and her son. That was the good. I showed up 1 hour prior to my scheduled tee time and was denied a cart until my foursome arrived. That was the bad. We got a late start because of the delay (practice on range was late) This delay caused us not to complete the course because unbeknownst to us the carts needed to be returned by 6pm (a full 2 hours before sundown) That was the ugly. I complained to the man who serviced the carts but I suspect that went into their file 13.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:13:09.000+00:00

Thank you for your comment, River Oaks appreciates you coming out and enjoying all we have to offer. We are grateful for your feedback. Comments like this help us improve areas that need attention and we are grateful for your input. We will serve you better.

Current course conditions does not justify new price increase

River Oaks green are still in poor shape and as such raising prices makes playing the corse not of value. Having a 8 ft putt for par or better and watching your golf ball look like a trick golf ball (doing odd bounces and spins) is no fun.

The fairways in some places are getting a heavy weed growth. Finally, where is there no porta potty on back nine. Ladies cannot use a bush or tree! We will play again at new price point or no bathroom on back nine

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:14:29.000+00:00

Thank you for your comment. We are grateful for your feedback. River Oaks has come a long way this year and hope you will give us another chance to prove we are a course on the rise.

Good value...

Booked it on golf now & got tee times for $14 per player with cart/ 18 holes....which is a steal !

The only down side to mention is the condition of the greens.... starting to improve, but very bumpy & uneven, making it very difficult to guage a putt effectively.....but other then that, a over all ‘great value’ & a nice play to play.

Commented On 2018-10-23T21:15:37.000+00:00

Thank you for your comment, River Oaks appreciates you coming out and enjoying all we have to offer. We are grateful for your feedback. The greens have come a long way since the flood and I'm sure you will be pleased with the current conditions. Hope to see you back out here.

Marysville, California